Memorable comebacks you’ve witnessed following Rangers

Fourladshadadream

Official Ticketer
Games that sticks in the head for years and proud to say you were there.

Last night will live with me for years.

Also the Marseille comeback and should’ve made the final imo.

Celtic at Ibrox when we were down to 10 men. Loads of bears left after their second goal. The noise from the equaliser was unbelievable.

What’s your favourite memories.

The 5-5 game at Easter Road was mental. 3-0 down and went 5-3 up then fucked it.

Also remember a comeback at East End Park under Eck, 2-0 down at HT and won 4-2, think Arveladze got a couple? Pissing doon and I was in the front row getting drenched.

September 1977 sitting in the centenary stand with my father. 2 nil to the mentally challengeds at half time. Getting lots of abuse from the mentally challengeds who were next to us. 3-2 to us at full time and probably the only time in my life I was glad to be next to that lot. That game and many others will stay with me for the rest of my life. A very special day for an eleven year old.

September 1977 sitting in the centenary stand with my father. 2 nil to the mentally challengeds at half time. Getting lots of abuse from the mentally challengeds who were next to us. 3-2 to us at full time and probably the only time in my life I was glad to be next to that lot. That game and many others will stay with me for the rest of my life. A very special day for an eleven year old.
I was there in the east enclosure with my dad that day.. Brilliant 10 year's old at the time.. If I remember it was chucking it down that day.. Big edvalson scored there 2 before halftime all the goals scored into the Rangers end.. I think latchford let the ball slip out his hands for DJ to get the winner.. Could be wrong.. But who cares.. What a day for your first old firm game at Ibrox

Games that sticks in the head for years and proud to say you were there.

Last night will live with me for years.

Also the Marseille comeback and should’ve made the final imo.

Celtic at Ibrox when we were down to 10 men. Loads of bears left after their second goal. The noise from the equaliser was unbelievable.

What’s your favourite memories.
Scum at Ibrox 1978 2-0 down at ht, smith 2 an greig i think scored memory fkn about with my head

Dundee v Rangers away and we were losing, going for 9 in a row, but not tainted, an Amato came on, did amazing wizardy and we won

2 down to Aberdeen, won 3-2.
What a great season that was, went onto that youtube channel and watched the 2-1 away at hearts and the 3-1 at Hibs. Kenny and Naismith were unreal for us then, regardless of people's opinions now. They won us that league.

I was there in the east enclosure with my dad that day.. Brilliant 10 year's old at the time.. If I remember it was chucking it down that day.. Big edvalson scored there 2 before halftime all the goals scored into the Rangers end.. I think latchford let the ball slip out his hands for DJ to get the winner.. Could be wrong.. But who cares.. What a day for your first old firm game at Ibrox

We were right next to them mate I was scared stiff but my old man was giving it the don't ever show any fear to them. When the third goal went in we ended up on top of one of them. Honestly one of the best days in my life.

I was in the Centenary Stand with my old man next to the scum as well !!!
Reason was I was out on bail from the 2-2 game in March.. :D

Motherwell in the Cup at Ibrox in Feb 1991 - Motherwell took the lead and Rangers just couldn’t get going until Miko decided to run the game and knock in 2 goals.

I showed my son the footage of the 2-2 Bheggars game after the match last night - he was open mouthed at Woods, McAvennie & Butcher all going around it.

edit: Completely missed the thread title haha.
In that case must be the Aberdeen game posted earlier.

Last edited:
St Johnstone away in the SC. 2-0 up to 3-2 down and Redford scored an equaliser right at the death. Quirk of fate Iirc was the same player missed a penalty in the last minute of the final against Dundee Utd. paving the way for Cooper in the replay.

Against Motherwell Scottish Cup semi final 1976, 2-0 down, won 3-2, against Celtic 1977, 2-0 down half time, won 3-2
I remember the 3-2 win against them in 77. I was 15, there was a television blackout of the game, DJ got 2 and Gordon Smith the other.

2 down to Aberdeen, won 3-2.

SPL bingo nowadays that game

Aberdeen try their hardest in a game V Rangers
They chop everything that moves
the ref lets them away with it - could have quite easily been a red for Diamond, the stamp later on in the game could have been a red as well. Surprising that McGuire got sent off later, Gollum almost certainly made a mistake and was involved in junior football the next week
Crocker/Walker sound like their dug has died when we make the comeback

Back