At their peak how would Gazza compare with Hagi Snr?

Both top players who could do anything they wanted with a football.

Hagi had a better glower, but Gazza played for Rangers so I'm going for him.

Could have both played together in the middle of the park, no need for a box to box or orthodox holding player with those 2 magicians

Hagi did it at a higher level, for longer.

A non injury plagued Paul Gascoigne was the better player, but the reality is, his career (despite a brilliant 18 months for us) was stop-start after smashing his knee at Wembley!

Gasgoine was as good as Hagi Snr - two absolute World class players but Hagi was more consistent because he didn't have the demons Gasgoine had. Gasgoine wouldn't have signed for us if he wasn't flawed personally. He'd have been at clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid like Hagi was.

Weirdly I was thinking this today. Started off Hagi v Stoichvok then Gazza.

Hagi better player.

Stoichkov who you'd want in team.

Gazza different kettle of fish re the OP, a mix of the other two.

* I'd take Valderama afore the 3 of them tho lololololol :p

Got to be Gazza. Hagi was no slouch though but Gazza was my hero as a kid.

Hopefully Hagi Jnr will go on to be better than both and while at Rangers.

Both superb players, but I’d have to give it to Hagi as he probably did it at top level for twice as long as Gazza.

Reactions: TQ3
Hagi did it at a higher level, for longer.

A non injury plagued Paul Gascoigne was the better player, but the reality is, his career (despite a brilliant 18 months for us) was stop-start after smashing his knee at Wembley!

This is it for me. Gazza for that short Italia 90 period was absolutely a genius and would edge it for that.

But.... Hagi was an extremely good player who consistently made his teams better, for a lot longer.

On that, I’ll call a draw.

Gazza was world class for about 2 years. And when with us he only turned up for a season and a half. Hagi was better.

Come on mate we have never been on the same level as Madrid and Barca.
Lets agree to disagree, in the late 80's and early 90's Real and Barca were in the wilderness, we were are a far superior team picking up the best of England and Euro stars, we were cheated out of Champs league glory by Marsellies bribing the motherfuckingshit out of refs.

In context tho Gazza signed for Lazio at a time when Italian football was far more superior to Spanish football and Gazza is still revered from the Lazio support.

Hagi arrived in Italian football the same summer as Gazza. And Laudrup.

Latest posts

Back