Callum McGregor £25m to Leicester- The Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
2dhGBpP.gif

15 million max and even then it's debatable he is 26 English teams only pay Scottish clubs that for young players with potential

He’s a good player probably in today’s market worth about £10 but £25 is a daily recor reporters dream . Having said that they got it for granny hips which blows my mind so who knows

Fck them anyway let’s concentrate on what we do

Hes a decent player.

£15m would be a fair selling price for all parties.

With that money they could buy 5 John McGinns :D oh wait.

This is what they do to set the narrative on the valuation of their players and TBF it works for them.

Someone will be along soon go give it the tired old "nobody takes their player valuations from The Sun", when in actual fact this is how assets get given arbitrary values.

Every paper quotes Alfie as £20M rated striker, that's because we set the narrative at ORSA and it's stuck.

He spoke to them off record in the summer-I would have thought if a deal was to be done it would have been then.

Perhaps Rodgers is struggling to find a similar player elsewhere.

He would go and , income aside, would be a loss to them and that would benefit us.

This is what the Tierney sale has created - bloated fees for top SPFL players.

McGregor for £25m? Sure, why not?

It’ll be £30m for Edouard.

But of course, the Scottish rags don’t actually want Rangers cashing in on that bonanza.

Oh, no, no, no - this is reserved for those in the green and grey only.

So in addition to the £40m for Edouard, that will be £65m Leicester will be paying the filth in total this summer then.

He spoke to them off record in the summer-I would have thought if a deal was to be done it would have been then.

Perhaps Rodgers is struggling to find a similar player elsewhere.

He would go and , income aside, would be a loss to them and that would benefit us.

He signed Tielemans instead who is a far superior player.

Reactions: TQ3
This is what they do to set the narrative on the valuation of their players and TBF it works for them.

Someone will be along soon go give it the tired old "nobody takes their player valuations from The Sun", when in actual fact this is how assets get given arbitrary values.

Every paper quotes Alfie as £20M rated striker, that's because we set the narrative at ORSA and it's stuck.

I'll do that for you. Nobody takes their player valuations from The Sun.

And saying "in actual fact" does not make "this is how assets get given arbitrary values" true.

The Sun describing him, or anyone else, as a £25m player does not make it true.

He is worth what a club is willing to pay for him. That is true for every player in World football.

This gimp has been totally anonymous the last few times we have played them.

You could say it's not as easy to look a world beater against us anymore. He looked brilliant lording it over midfielders like Sean Goss, Holt, Halliday etc

I'll do that for you. Nobody takes their player valuations from The Sun.

And saying "in actual fact" does not make "this is how assets get given arbitrary values" true.

The Sun describing him, or anyone else, as a £25m player does not make it true.

He is worth what a club is willing to pay for him. That is true for every player in World football.

It's 2020 mate, information warfare is how things work.

Talking up their players value is what helps them achieve getting the fees they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back