The difference between them and us

When they’re losing or playing bad, they change things up and turn the game around. Last game against us showed them to get it sorted and they have. Not dropped a point since I believe.

I believe genuinely and will probably get ridiculed for this, but Lennon is a better manager than Gerrard.

He has the balls to drop players and change tactics. I do not think we will stop them by next season if we have Gerrard. He’s great in Europe but garbage in Scotland. Saddens me to say this.

Lennon would’ve changed that today after 20 minutes according to mentally challenged work colleagues.

Gerrard isn’t a manager he’s a coach.

Gerrard is a motivator. Not a tactician.

He’ll give us some of the best experiences (Old Firm games, Euro night) but I’m now worried he won’t give us the consistency we need to win the league.

The fear I had that he’d be the managerial equivalent of himself as a player is becoming true.

When they’re losing or playing bad, they change things up and turn the game around. Last game against us showed them to get it sorted and they have. Not dropped a point since I believe.

I believe genuinely and will probably get ridiculed for this, but Lennon is a better manager than Gerrard.

He has the balls to drop players and change tactics. I do not think we will stop them by next season if we have Gerrard. He’s great in Europe but garbage in Scotland. Saddens me to say this.

Hey New Member, you forgot that Bheast FC have double the budget of Rangers.

Clancy sent off Power for a second booking today. Could not wait to get the card out.

We have to find the consistency that That cheating barsteward has before we win this league.

Lennon took over a squad that had won the league for years.

Gerrards trying to build one from scratch.
Lennon got a team who were declining under Rodgers and struggling to win games, into a team who’s 10 or however many points clear of us. Gerrard is not good at coaching whilst in a game. May be good in training I don’t know.

Lennon took over a squad that had won the league for years.

Gerrards trying to build one from scratch.

Gerrard and his players have went on holiday and not come back two seasons in a row.

One or the other must go 2 trebles in a row from Celtic is not acceptable, what will it take 10 and 5 trebles in a row if not?

Bloody hell. Lot of shite. Look at what Gerrard started with. Compare it to what Lennon inherited

Aye.Right.

A major difference is they, as a team, believe that they're going to win and leave the park with the points (or result) in their back pocket.

We don't have that same confidence / arrogance that all winners need. We need more self-belief.

Lennon inherited a team who knew how to win. He inherited a squad who had depth. He inherited a team with a far larger budget. He inherited a settled squad. He inherited a club who were not ravaged by an illegal, political witch-hunt forcing us to start again. He inherited a team who had been given a free run at the riches of the Champions League due to the above.

At the moment the difference is simple. Even at 2-1 today I expected us to concede.

When they went 1 down I fully expected them to win.

Refereeing and everything else aside, they keep grinding out results we simply don't have the bottle to.

Gerrard and his players have went on holiday and not come back two seasons in a row.

One or the other must go 2 trebles in a row from Celtic is not acceptable, what will it take 10 and 5 trebles in a row if not?
That is a whole other issue - how the feck do we come back shite every year from the break?

Sp
At the moment the difference is simple. Even at 2-1 today I expected us to concede.

When they went 1 down I fully expected them to win.

Refereeing and everything else aside, they keep grinding out results we simply don't have the bottle to.
You’re spot on there. I’m very worried for the old firms yet to play as if current forms continue, they will embarrass us

Like Walter Smith Lennon is a far better manager second time around for the scum.

People on here and all over social media celebrated when he got the gig. I didn't. There is no one they could have had that would drive them towards winning 9 and 10 in a row than the Lurgan bigot.

We try containing the opposition/control the match whereas they use an attack is the best form of defence mentality, our method suits for the one off games against each other but costs us in the long run against the bog standard teams in the league.

They are win at any cost type of team.

Our starting 11 is full of losers who have won nothing in their careers.

Sp

You’re spot on there. I’m very worried for the old firms yet to play as if current forms continue, they will embarrass us

They won't.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about the "big games" - OF and Europe.

In these games teams come at us. We can deal with that and play well.

It's the diddy team mentality of defending deep and lumping the odd high ball forward that, inexplicably, catches us out.

Bloody hell. Lot of shite. Look at what Gerrard started with. Compare it to what Lennon inherited
At the Winter Break there was a thread on here claiming Rangers had a far stronger squad.
There was little between the teams then. Now the gap is huge.

And how does it play out if the referee actually does his job at times, for example Hamilton when thumb heid should have been sent off? They are pish but we have been worse.

Many have said it before. We need a hard b*stard on the park to kick a few are*s when we drop the tempo and f*nny about. He also needs to give the 2 CBs a regular kicking because that is where a lot of our problems stem from. Both Katic and Goldson have good games and bad games but together they have had too many bad games. Lost count of the goals we've conceded from balls over the top or them not picking their men up. It must make the players in front of them very tentative. It is interesting that since Davis went off the boil, the CBs have looked poor, particularly Katic. I wonder if it is Davis who keeps him on track?

Like it or not, we don't have the killer instinct. Would Souness, Greig, Gough and the like put up with that?

Generally I think we have - and I include myself in this - overreacted to the appointment of Lennon and assumed he'd be awful. It was probably, in hindsight, a really acute appointment.

I’m not sure maybe wrong but SG is not booting baws or prepared to drop his favourites who are not performing which in the end may cost him his job.

At the Winter Break there was a thread on here claiming Rangers had a far stronger squad.
There was little between the teams then. Now the gap is huge.
Because there's a thread on here claiming we had a better squad means nothing. I don't know what has went wrong with us since the winter break but posting about Lennon being a better manager doesn't help us. %^*& him. It's about what we do.

Back