This is what we are up against

TwoBadMice

They trained on that pitch yesterday to “cut it up”

Ground staff left it, TV didnt pick it up as it looked ok which it did

I know its the same for both teams but its not when we are having 20 plus shots in attacking areas and the ball is bobbling all over the place

These teams want us beat
Its cup final after cup final
On and and off the park we are being out thought

im Sick

my source regards pitch can be pm’d to Admin

I know its the same for both teams but its not when we are having 20 plus shots in attacking areas and the ball is bobbling all over the place

These teams want us beat

im Sick

It's their pitch, they can do what they want. We should be ready for anything and be able to face anything in this league.

Our issues are elsewhere - that we struggled at home against dross in the past 4 weeks should tell us that.

That said, if I was a fan of one of these teams, I would be asking serious questions about application versus Rangers v others.

It's their pitch, they can do what they want. We should be ready for anything and be able to face anything in this league.

Our issues are elsewhere - that we struggled at home against dross in the past 4 weeks should tell us that.

That said, if I was a fan of one of these teams, I would be asking serious questions about application versus Rangers v others.

Correct but this is not normal pitch preparation for an SPFL game

WHY?

Regardless we should have beaten that mob today.

We caused our own downfall but we should know by now how these teams set up and play plus playing there hearts out. It happens every week.

If we still can't combat these teams it's a long road ahead for us.

How the management and players can't see past this pisses me off more and more.

I was sitting 4 rows from the front and the first thing i said was that pitch is an absolute disgrace.

Players couldnt run with the ball, they couldnt turn on it, the couldnt judge the bounce.

Reactions: dmg
We played in Shrek’s swamp on Thursday. If their plan was to mince their own pitch, it should’ve back fired gloriously today.

Our pitch aint exactly a bowling green! Prior to the winter break oyr passing was precise and fast, our movement was running teams all over the place to make space for others, we had an intensity closing down teams and winning balls in dangerous area. All this has changed, not that the opposition are trying harder or their pitch was awful.

These teams want us beat

im Sick

Aye lets blame the groundstaff.. did u moan when we shortened the pitch v kiev in 1987..

BTW the source is a St Johnstone Player who was pissed off

im not a moon howler

it wasn't rolled as per the norm

WHY?

Our pitch aint exactly a bowling green! Prior to the winter break oyr passing was precise and fast, our movement was running teams all over the place to make space for others, we had an intensity closing down teams and winning balls in dangerous area. All this has changed, not that the opposition are trying harder or their pitch was awful.

The point is Everyone is against us and any advantage they can get they will use it

our pitch was muddy but it was flat!

These teams want us beat

im Sick

These sort of excuses every time we lose or don’t win are totally pathetic.

We can't slag off anybodys pitch as ours is shocking, and it's embarrassing to try and blame them for preparing how they want

The point is that was the FIRST time this season they have prepared that pitch in that way

oh fook it im scunnered im clutching at straws

While that is frustrating, if true, we need to accept that the approach to us won’t change. This is why we need to be absolutely ruthless in our play. Instead we try and play football with a squad where many don’t have the actual skill to cut teams open.

Scottish football is fcked , period .

We missed our chance to get out in 2012 . We should’ve joined the English conference and worked our way up . We would be league 1 by now and ready to burst into the championship . It kills me we didn’t at least try .
Agree with this.

But now we have committed to Scotland and must make it work.

These teams want us beat

im Sick

Im getting sick of hearing how teams treat us like a cup final. Maybe if we starting treating these games like a cup final ourselves we might win something.
As for the pitch shenanigans you cant really blame them as it worked a treat as per usual we struggle to adapt to the situation.

This is so embarrassing. Good teams find a way to win. We probably did something similar for Braga

Its not embarrassing a St Johnstone player wasnt happy with they way they prepared the pitch to the point they quoted its why Morelos missed a vital chance

BTW the source is a St Johnstone Player who was pissed off

im not a moon howler

it wasn't rolled as per the norm

WHY?
Because it’s their pitch and their prerogative to do as they please (within the laws of the game) to give themselves any advantage as they see fit.
It was up to out players to overcome any shortcomings regarding the playing surface. Our players didn’t have enough about them to go there and win. Simples.

These teams want us beat

im Sick

We didn’t play well enough to win

What a pathetic excuse for not winning. If katic puts a header in row Z we win the game. Simple

so wouldn't it be incumbent upon the players/coaching staff to adapt to the conditions?

or should we just go through the motions like absolute muppets?

Correct but this is not normal pitch preparation for an SPFL game

WHY?

Because they need the points? Because they see a chance for a big scalp? Because they know its Rangers and it would mean everything to beat the biggest team in Scotland? I don't know, just guessing now...

Scottish football is fcked , period .

We missed our chance to get out in 2012 . We should’ve joined the English conference and worked our way up . We would be league 1 by now and ready to burst into the championship . It kills me we didn’t at least try .
FACT!!! Not the first time ive said this either

Pitches, refs, players treating it like a cup final.

How many excuses are we going to come up with for dropping 10 points in 7 games? The pitch didn't cause Katic to hoof the ball into the air twice today or flick a clearance into the most dangerous area of our box at a corner.

Our problems are of our own making.

giphy.gif

You seen the state of our pitch recently?The same pitch which was waterlogged last week.We should be obliterating jobbers regardless of the pitch.

Back