Watershed Day Today

Blueandwhitedynamite

Seems to me todays result has changed people’s perception of where we are at under Gerrard .

I also thought his interview with Danny Murphy was telling . He said something like Liverpool might want me to have a go at a few other places before they give me that job. I get the impression he would take another EPL job after escaping from Rangers as a “success” .

His narrative also seems to have changed with digs at the fans after getting out of jail on Thursday .

Seems to me todays result has changed people’s perception of where we are at under Gerrard .

I also thought his interview with Danny Murphy was telling . He said something like Liverpool might want me to have a go at a few other places before they give me that job. I get the impression he would take another EPL job after escaping from Rangers as a “success” .

His narrative also seems to have changed with digs at the fans after getting out of jail on Thursday .
He's not getting any EPL jobs if he can't do the business here.

His dig at the fans was totally uncalled for and completely unnecessary, his general demeanour and body language when we go behind or lose a bad goal is also telling, slumped on the bench isn’t a good sign, throwing players under the bus today was another dodgy moment, his comments aimed at Katic today were brutal.

I don't ever remember him throwing Goldson or Tavernier under the bus after the goals they gifted this season.

Tavernier especially.

Today was symptomatic of a poor league run. There’s no watershed, just a failure of tactics and no ability to rejuvenate formations and apply pressure to teams.

I'm ready to be slated for this but his constant mentioning of Liverpool in interviews and on social media annoys me. This is Rangers concentrate on the job at hand because currently you are failing and will be lucky to end up at Liverpool ladies if it keeps going this way

Like throwing the players under the bus, the constant Liverpool chat is glossed over in good times but it is hugely disrespectful. Every time he's asked a question about Liverpool his stock answer should be "I'm currently the Rangers manager and that's all I'm focused on." Instead he happily chats about managing them in the future, how he thinks they'll do in the next match, how he'll be watching their game on the team bus, etc.

We wouldn't put up with it if he wasn't the name he is, and the worse our season gets the more it will rightly get our backs up.

Major alarm bells today for me when Gerrard stated in his post match interview “he wanted to give certain players a chance to play through it, stated if he made a sub too early it could ruin a players confidence” that’s a weak manager, you have a problem you deal with it. Katic should have been subbed after 15 mins

I don't ever remember him throwing Goldson or Tavernier under the bus after the goals they gifted this season.

Tavernier especially.

A point I was making earlier today on Twitter, he loves throwing some players under the bus but never likes of Tav, Goldson, Kent, Ojo, you know, his boys

Like throwing the players under the bus, the constant Liverpool chat is glossed over in good times but it is hugely disrespectful. Every time he's asked a question about Liverpool his stock answer should be "I'm currently the Rangers manager and that's all I'm focused on." Instead he happily chats about managing them in the future, how he thinks they'll do in the next match, how he'll be watching their game on the team bus, etc.

We wouldn't put up with it if he wasn't the name he is, and the worse our season gets the more it will rightly get our backs up.

The Liverpool stuff, and it’s constant. Is cringeworthy.

If we had any leadership running the club gerrard would have been pulled aside and told to shut the %^*& up about them by now.

I totally agree mate, I'm maybe petty but you go on his Instagram account and his profile pic is him at Liverpool and then a montage of Liverpool pics. I appreciate that's he's a Liverpool legend but your Rangers manager focus on that no punting bottles of water

Bollox imo . Frank Lampard got one after doing no better than Gary rowett at Derby.
Lampard got one because of his Chelsea connections , no one in the premiership will give Gerrard a gig at this moment in time or if he is an ultimate failure with us.

Mark the thread and come back to it if I'm proved wrong.

What I have noticed is the amount of threads being started by poster who never usually do and every single one is negative pish trying to start arguments.

We have hit a blip but this was never a quick fix but will be fixed with SG at the helm.

What have his comments about fans been?

He's said more than a few times about how quick we are to get on players backs. Leaving early etc. He spoke about this after the braga game. Probably all valid points but I dont remember any other manager having a pop.

He's said more than a few times about how quick we are to get on players backs. Leaving early etc. He spoke about this after the braga game. Probably all valid points but I dont remember any other manager having a pop.
Didn't hear this after the Braga game , the fans were immense and drove to the team to the win , in my opinion .

The issue for me is none of can really see why this slump has happened.

Is it one bad result (Hearts) has completely shot their confidence, even though we were pretty bad in the two games previous or has Gerrard given up and just letting the season roll in the current way until May?

Hate saying this but it as if winning on the 29th was actually the worst thing to happen to us. We thought we were untouchable and they realised they werent as strong as they thought they were and changed tactics which is working for them.

SG's mentality and his perceived achievements is heading for a crash with the fan's mentality and pending criticism.

I don't think he's a guy turning up for work day in day out in crisis mode when he's likely to reflect overall he's done a good job. The fact a lot of our support won't agree will just accelerate his thinking.

I think the minute he realises he is not wanted he will give serious consideration to a change of job...and he will get it.

Lampard got one because of his Chelsea connections , no one in the premiership will give Gerrard a gig at this moment in time or if he is an ultimate failure with us.

Mark the thread and come back to it if I'm proved wrong.

You'll be proved wrong-he will get a decent job that suits him-where it will be is up for grabs.

SG's mentality and his perceived achievements is heading for a crash with the fan's mentality and pending criticism.

I don't think he's a guy turning up for work day in day out in crisis mode when he's likely to reflect overall he's done a good job. The fact a lot of our support won't agree will just accelerate his thinking.

I think the minute he realises he is not wanted he will give serious consideration to a change of job...and he will get it.

He's done a brilliant job imo.

[ o
He made comment about fans behind him at the Braga game. His celebrations seemed to be a “get it up ye” to those behind the dugout. Not really what you’d expect from your club’s manager.
Thanks

Tavernier especially.

Digs at the fans, throwing young players to the wolves and protecting his two golden boys all season.

I was already doubting him when we started slipping up, but continued poor results and his jibes and at fans and shabby treatment of certain players has me losing huge respect for him. It seems it’s all about self preservation for him now.

Last edited:
Back