Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

So if the football authorities knew about Torbett (in the sense that he was an unconvicted pervert) then someone told them. Or, people within the "football authority" were associated with Celtic and knew what he was up to.

I mean so many people have done the wrong thing.

Also, there will be instances where people have done the right thing. Say telling the football authorities and they were ignored. These people could face criticism for not following it through. More misery. All caused by the good old Celts.

I just hope the Channel 4 team have everything douvble checked - timelines, dates, convictions, who knew what etc. Celtic and the football authorities will pounce on any inaccuracy.

If Channel 4 have got it right the enormity of the crimes and cover up should damn Celtic.

Agree mate.

Celtic re-employed him and they knew he was suspect. Did they know at that stage he was a paedo ? ( I think his conviction came after his re-employment ). I suggest Celtic knew.

Did the football authorities know he was a paedo ?
The dogs in the street knew this tale , everyone knew it was extremely unhealthy . It’s difficult to read the retrospective words of the likes of Dornan as anything other than a gigantic lie and falsehood of ‘what he would have done’ .
there club directors were involved and it’s very easy to see what the next links are .

what really concerns us is the depth and horrors of the other parts we don’t yet know .

bennell , savile , the church , and wherever else that network may have led .

an external public enquiry is the absolute minimum that is Justified .

So if the football authorities knew about Torbett (in the sense that he was an unconvicted pervert) then someone told them. Or, people within the "football authority" were associated with Celtic and knew what he was up to.

I mean so many people have done the wrong thing.

Also, there will be instances where people have done the right thing. Say telling the football authorities and they were ignored. These people could face criticism for not following it through. More misery. All caused by the good old Celts.

I just hope the Channel 4 team have everything douvble checked - timelines, dates, convictions, who knew what etc. Celtic and the football authorities will pounce on any inaccuracy.

If Channel 4 have got it right the enormity of the crimes and cover up should damn Celtic.
Someone who informed them as in Hugh Birt?
Then gets his jotters for exposing the filth?
I don’t know if this is so but you have to say that when he raised the alarm why did PS not investigate or did they?

So Torbett was still officially involved in some capacity that he would have benefited from those payments?

If so surely that is a smoking gun?!

Yes his buisness has a contract with CFC,I think there was 4x payments totalling £1m or so which was alledged to be paid while he was in the nick.

Rumour was the last year was even honoured and extended by their new owner McCann.

I have always maintained they were washing money through that buisness from taking from the football at CP.

We can prove directors of both companies were interlinked by buisness on paper and premises,but finding the paper trail of cash may be a bit harder I’m afraid.

Last edited:
Yes his buisness has a contract with CFC,I think there was 4x payments totalling £1m or so which was alledged to be paid while he was in the nick.

Rumour was the last year was even honoured and extended by their new owner McCann.

I have always maintained they were washing money through that buisness from taking from the football at CP.

We can prove directors of both companies were interlinked by buisness on paper and premises,but finding the paper trail of cash may be a bit harder I’m afraid.

Defo sounds like hush money to me despite them being contractually obligated to pay it. I mean how hard would it have been for them to say look we're not paying this to your company whilst a known child molester is still employed and would likely receive some or all of these funds.

Defo sounds like hush money to me despite them being contractually obligated to pay it. I mean how hard would it have been for them to say look we're not paying this to your company whilst a known child molester is still employed and would likely receive some or all of these funds.

GS, as BB said there, their directors were on Trophy Centre board. In fact it was one of them, and another’s wife.

So there was a very strong link that looked to be not necessarily at arms length as the lawyers might say.

A group of our team looked at this.

GS, as BB said there, their directors were on Trophy Centre board. In fact it was one of them, and another’s wife.

So there was a very strong link that looked to be not necessarily at arms length as the lawyers might say.

A group of our team looked at this.

was the story not that one of their wife's was on the trophy centre board under her maiden name?

mcggin's wife a i think?

He can’t be that good as he’s missed quite a few at his beloved club... Maybe we should offer him some assistance?

Every week I email dornan and basically tell him what a subhuman piece of pond life he is. I tell him he's a disgrace because he knew there was abuse going on at the time and he said nothing. He called me a cretin and told me to go back to my gutter lol. Even though he tweeted that he knew there was some sort of abuse going on. Then he just threatens me with the police.

Every week I email dornan and basically tell him what a subhuman piece of pond life he is. I tell him he's a disgrace because he knew there was abuse going on at the time and he said nothing. He called me a cretin and told me to go back to my gutter lol. Even though he tweeted that he knew there was some sort of abuse going on. Then he just threatens me with the police.
Another imposter in the SNP in denial , he knows , they all knew and Big Jock Knew , Oh! and we know and soon every body will know .

So he insulted you then threatened you with the police? We’ve had the same of a certain member. We handed it to the press to put up their sleeve for a later date.

I don’t think many people have grasped the magnitude of this coverup yet. Journalists in Scotland have known of this since the 70s. They have all skirted around this with innuendos and almost storylines, telling nothing and hiding behind the fear of their career being over.
You all know. You have always known the truth, yet you hide behind a false wall of impartiality, never showing allegiance to one side of the Glasgow divide, trying to make your career in mediocrity.
You get your news from online forums.
Well, here’s some news for you journalists reading this.
YOU, are complicit in the covering up of abuse in Scottish football.
YOU.
Some still involved in the media to this day, I hope they are all called out on this

Know what always confused me. When I was a laddie back in the 80s it seemed to be a dirty secret that everybody knew about. I wasn't even from Glasgow, i'm from out Motherwell way and it seemed to be a persistant rumour that their Boys club was full of wrong'uns. Similar to what i've read about Savile, everybody in Yorkshire knew he was a beast.
If the people on the street heard the rumours surely the authorites had more than rumours to go on. Why has it took a lifetime for them to address this.

So he insulted you then threatened you with the police? We’ve had the same of a certain member. We handed it to the press to put up their sleeve for a later date.
Couldn't really say he insulted me as I've called him everything under the sun over the last lot of months. I told him he should have had his kids taken off him as he let his son be in that environment. I then started getting emails from a name called rosa zambonini saying the police would be knocking my door lol.

Is there any members of the Scottish press with the appetite to go after them?

Know what always confused me. When I was a laddie back in the 80s it seemed to be a dirty secret that everybody knew about. I wasn't even from Glasgow, i'm from out Motherwell way and it seemed to be a persistant rumour that their Boys club was full of wrong'uns. Similar to what i've read about Savile, everybody in Yorkshire knew he was a beast.
If the people on the street heard the rumours surely the authorites had more than rumours to go on. Why has it took a lifetime for them to address this.
Because they have power through their religion and people in high places with authority and a lot of sway in the press and radio and tv and football seemingly who can turn a blind eye when the need arrives .

Savile being famous and making charity money so it was suppressed. Torbett et al joined charities and used their positions with the scum

Unfortunately this issue got a bit personal for me last night. I started getting messages at work about a fella I've known for a good few years through drinking in the same bar calling him a paedophile...I'm like riiiite him..nae chance he was a quiet wee guy..kept himself to himself ...occasionally adding funny wee quips to the conversations then sinking back to his drink.

Then I was sent a video...apparently he had been arranging a meeting with what he thought was a 14 year old boy...yip paedohunters caught him.

Still in a state of shock tbh...wouldn't call him a pal or anything...was just a guy from the pub you'd generally chit chat to..how he doin etc ..never had an inkling he was like that.

Unfortunately this issue got a bit personal for me last night. I started getting messages at work about a fella I've known for a good few years through drinking in the same bar calling him a paedophile...I'm like riiiite him..nae chance he was a quiet wee guy..kept himself to himself ...occasionally adding funny wee quips to the conversations then sinking back to his drink.

Then I was sent a video...apparently he had been arranging a meeting with what he thought was a 14 year old boy...yip paedohunters caught him.

Still in a state of shock tbh...wouldn't call him a pal or anything...was just a guy from the pub you'd generally chit chat to..how he doin etc ..never had an inkling he was like that.
That unfortunately is what happens, they walk among us and come in different forms, they are in all sorts of employment, jings Rangers might even have employed one, what you and other guys are doing is keeping this in the public eye because as despicable as a paedo is ,it is what we do as humans to protect or at least try to protect the most vulnerable ie children,I don’t know him (pub guy)from Adam but I’m glad he’s been caught.

We need to keep the spotlight on these bastards as it wasn’t just the one that infiltrated their hovel , there were numerous ones operating as a ring, there were ones who knew and did nothing and even if they weren’t part of the gang that committed the heinous crimes they are as guilty as them through their lack of actions. I hope this upcoming story is the straw that breaks the camels back in this backwater of a nation and finally calls out everything from politicians, police, journalists, sporting and religious institutions.

If there are any other victims who know more about this particular case and have been living with the horrendous memories that other Boy’s club member’s have suffered from then now would be a good time to take that brave step forward and get in touch with a good lawyer or Keith McLeod who has reported this story . Do not let paedophiles win by taking a courageous step forward and reporting them so that justice can prevail and you will be the better person for bringing those animals to face the punishment they deserve .

The crimes themselves are heinous and no doubt there will have been children abused at other Scottish clubs. The point being deliberately missed here is that possibly dozens of people at Celtic over the years knew about these crimes and not only did they not report them to the Police; they pro-actively denied their existence, they covered up the crimes by asking parents, coaches and children to sign non disclosure agreements, they instantly offered one abused child a full-time contract to buy his silence, they bad mouthed anyone claiming to have been abused by accusing them of making "scurrilous allegations",

They set up internal investigations into allegations ultimately dismissing the claims as being without foundation, then compounded the heartache of the victims by publicly supporting the paedophiles in the Celtic View.

They brought a known paedophile back to their club which allowed him access to more victims and to ruin more young lives. They have coldly claimed to be a separate entity, and even changed the name of their boys club to distance the parent club from the Boys Club.

They hired a PR firm to put a more positive spin on negative stories about them; that PR firm, I have no doubt, will also be feeding smokescreen stories to show Rangers in a bad light.

Again I have no doubt that should there ever be a full and independent enquiry conducted, which was able to uncover the truth behind the last 50 years of abuse, it would highlight that there were many more abusers involved than we know of at the moment and without a shadow of a doubt many many more victims.

In failing to report and also by covering up these crimes, "to protect the good name of Celtic", the people who knew and who should have done the right thing ensured that predatory paedophiles could continue to abuse and rape children and directly increased the number of victims.

That, in my opinion, is as heinous a crime as those who carried out the abuse. By attempting to protect the name and reputation of their club they ruined god knows how many children's lives.

Whilst we can all appreciate that there will undoubtedly have been instances of abuse peppered throughout Scottish football, it is the issues above which single Celtic out as being "a club like no other".

Makes your blood curdle reading that.
And if people out there still believe that there wasn’t abuse on an industrial scale at the stade de secrets, then they are quite deluded I’m afraid.
Feel so rotten for the weans who go through this stuff, no matter what club or at whos hands it is.
Damn right it's been on an industrial scale. Fourteen names Gerry Mcsherry gave police fourteen ffs.
Fair play to this guy as I believe him to be a fan of them. He's been unbelievably brave trying to go after them on his own whilst being made out to be some sort of crank.
Credit to hugh Birt too for trying to do the right thing also but am hoping all those who knew and stood back and did nothing are finally exposed.
In my opinion there's been dozens of abusers and many hundreds as victims and if the full and horrifying sickening truth of all this is fully exposed then that vile disgusting club should be shut down for ever.

Once this channel 4 report is out, I think it's worth messaging MP's again off the back of it asking about an independent enquiry.

As the coverage and evidence builds, the pressure must remain.

that is the perfect time to go for them, they may not take us on for the right reasons but more self serving but if it helps get justice then thats all that matters.

As a matter of urgency Police Scotland should be having a serious conversation with Mr McSherry about what he knows ......he could be the key to blow this thing wide open
Correct brother, their propaganda machinery did a number on McSherry, they tried to blacken his name. Got him arrested, made out he had mental issues and was untrustworthy. Shocking what that man put up with from them.

The crimes themselves are heinous and no doubt there will have been children abused at other Scottish clubs. The point being deliberately missed here is that possibly dozens of people at Celtic over the years knew about these crimes and not only did they not report them to the Police; they pro-actively denied their existence, they covered up the crimes by asking parents, coaches and children to sign non disclosure agreements, they instantly offered one abused child a full-time contract to buy his silence, they bad mouthed anyone claiming to have been abused by accusing them of making "scurrilous allegations",

They set up internal investigations into allegations ultimately dismissing the claims as being without foundation, then compounded the heartache of the victims by publicly supporting the paedophiles in the Celtic View.

They brought a known paedophile back to their club which allowed him access to more victims and to ruin more young lives. They have coldly claimed to be a separate entity, and even changed the name of their boys club to distance the parent club from the Boys Club.

They hired a PR firm to put a more positive spin on negative stories about them; that PR firm, I have no doubt, will also be feeding smokescreen stories to show Rangers in a bad light.

Again I have no doubt that should there ever be a full and independent enquiry conducted, which was able to uncover the truth behind the last 50 years of abuse, it would highlight that there were many more abusers involved than we know of at the moment and without a shadow of a doubt many many more victims.

In failing to report and also by covering up these crimes, "to protect the good name of Celtic", the people who knew and who should have done the right thing ensured that predatory paedophiles could continue to abuse and rape children and directly increased the number of victims.

That, in my opinion, is as heinous a crime as those who carried out the abuse. By attempting to protect the name and reputation of their club they ruined god knows how many children's lives.

Whilst we can all appreciate that there will undoubtedly have been instances of abuse peppered throughout Scottish football, it is the issues above which single Celtic out as being "a club like no other".

Brilliant post Cooper 11;)

I’d say it did, hence why I asked it in this thread. And I’d say it’ll be asked, in a far more ferocious manner, by those who wish to harbour the crimes of their club. If BN94 is a lawyer, acting on behalf of the victims, it’ll be seen as exploitation. If he is a fan and has nothing to do with victims, it’ll be seen as a vindictive campaign to smear their good name and he will be labelled as obsessed alongside others. if he has a genuine, first hand relationship with or is, a victim, then it will be credible.
Make no mistakes, once this is in the wider domain these desperate people will attack those who wish to expose the truth by any means possible. This isn’t the end game, this is the start of the biggest battle of all.

Aye. Right.

He can’t be that good as he’s missed quite a few at his beloved club... Maybe we should offer him some assistance?

So this moron thinks that rival football fans ‘pointscoring’ over child abuse is as bad as the abuse itself? Riiiiiight. I think this self-styled Paedo hunter is in the wrong game. Or perhaps it’s the right game for someone like him to be in? Hiding in plain sight.

It would be interesting to see how far back his supposed love of Celtic goes. And if he has received any payments from a certain PR company.

Back