What do we think is Morelos’ realistic value, and should we sell him come June?

RenfrewGer98

Morelos has undoubtedly been an incredible singing. Fair play to the scouts who went to Finland and picked him out.
He has been with us now for almost 3 seasons, and has been worth his weight in gold for the most part.
However, given the importance of next season, and the improvements we need to make to certain positions, would selling Morelos help us improve the squad as a whole ( cutting of the arm to save the body effectively) and if so, what would we all realistically expect to get for him?

They fact that not even clubs desperate to avoid relegation, or in need of a goal scorer even chanced their luck with an attempt in January tells me there’s some major doubts/concerns about him

Wether it’s discipline or how many simple chances he misses I don’t know but anyone expecting there to suddenly be a £30-40m offer for him are kidding themselves

Hard to tell it was never up in the 20 million pound bracket ever for me as he still has so much of his game that needs worked on. Temperament, touch and control and has to keep the weight off over a season so he still has the pace which is notably missing from his game now.
Depends who bids if it's the English market we should get more as they have money to burn but then again Gerrard said their have never been any bids for him.

Pre Motherwell away I think we would be getting a lot more than we currently would.

Could easily hit another purple patch between now and the end of the season and end up with 40 odd goals. Or this current run could continue. He hasn't been anywhere near as effective in the 2nd half of the season in either of his first 2 years, at the moment that trend looks like it is continuing.

Would be delighted if he's still here next year but I fully accept we have to start running the business properly, 16million plus add ons and i think he goes tbh.

December 2019 = 20m++
Now, 10-15m.

This.

End of thread!

BTW, just because we don't know of any concrete interest in-him in January, doesn't mean there wasn't. He seemed happy at the end of the year and determined to be here for 55, so its perfectly plausible that it was made clear he wasn't looking to move at that time.

Pre Motherwell away I think we would be getting a lot more than we currently would.

Could easily hit another purple patch between now and the end of the season and end up with 40 odd goals. Or this current run could continue. He hasn't been anywhere near as effective in the 2nd half of the season in either of his first 2 years, at the moment that trend looks like it is continuing.

Would be delighted if he's still here next year but I fully accept we have to start running the business properly, 16million plus add ons and i think he goes tbh.
Do you think he simply burns out at a certain point after New Year, could it be a fitness issue?

I still think Alfie will pull in bids in the summer around the £18 to £20 million mark . He will end the season with 30 odd goals remember , many of them in Europe which has been noticed .

Had he continued his pre Dubai form he could have attracted bids of £25 million plus

People saying he’s now back down to £12 million etc are clueless .

Last edited:
The guys been suspended , come back and had a couple of average games and all of a sudden people are saying he's dropped 10-15 million in valuation ? It's strange how it works, early in the season odd one edward was invisible for the most part for them but still being touted as a 30m player. Alfie doesn't score for a couple and he's pish all of a sudden. We've just to forget the defences he's single handedly ragdolled and all of the goals he's scored this season . And that's not just the talk from the usual Scottish mhedia puppets I've seen and heard it from our own fans. Baffling

Last edited:
He will be hear next season nobody will pay our valuation

That's when you get players spitting the dummy out. Guys like him come to Scotland to get a move to a bigger league. If a team in England is promising him 60 grand a week and we are refusing to let him go I could see it getting messy.

Gets his game back he will go for 20 million,if he keeps playing the way he has we will be very lucky to get 15.
Either way he will be sold.

The way he's playing he might just be here next season. He's a quality player despite his recent form, hopefully he finds it soon and shows why we rated him at a 20 million plus player

We need him to start scoring for the sake of our season in relation to goals needed and his valuation to keep steady. If his bad spell continues he will either stay, become stale and sulk or will be sold for what we consider to be less than expected. I hope the wee man finds his mojo sooner than later.

Depends which team come in for him. Cash rich English teams could still pay 15 - 20 and it wouldn't make a ripple in their budget. He needs to get back to scoring goals and quickly. If he finishes top goalscorer in Europa league that would help but he has to be playing for that to happen.

Think the sporting media and officials have done a real good number on Alfie which will have a real negative impact on his final transfer fee.

The guys been suspended , come back and had a couple of average games and all of a sudden people are saying he's dropped 10-15 million in valuation ? It's strange how it works, early in the season odd one edward was invisible for the most part for them but still being touted as a 30m player. Alfie doesn't score for a couple and he's pish all of a sudden. We've just to forget the defences he's single handedly ragdolled and all of the goals he's scored this season . And that's not just the talk from the usual Scottish mhedia puppets I've seen and heard it from our own fans. Baffling
It's not a couple of games and we were never getting £20m+ for him even when in top form nevermind £30m.

Only on this forum do our players drop £10m in valuation due to 2 or 3 bad games

It's not a couple of games and we were never getting £20m+ for him even when in top form nevermind £30m.
I never said we where im saying the same people quoting those figures are now quoting totally different figures in the space of a few matches. Ok for the nit pickers maybe it wasn't exactly bang on a couple of games. He's not been back that many from suspension so it's not been many thats for sure.

100 million

Realistically as it stands the now between 10/15 in my eyes.

Because he's not been on form? There hasn't been a striker born who doesn't go through this at least once in their career.

Whatever it was that got Morelos to top scorer in the Europa League will return. We have to believe that, get him through this and scoring again then reap the benefits when the time comes. It might not be the stupid figures quoted but it will be significantly more than 10-15 mil.

He is a £20M player and I still think thats what he will go for, his goals in the EL alone will keep his stock high.

Personally I'd sell him.

I think we could maybe get £12 million or so for him.

He misses too many important games for my liking due to unnecessary bookings (Wednesday for example).

Him being missing could cost the club millions in revenue as he is a massive player for us.

He will be hear next season nobody will pay our valuation

I think that’s a distinct possibility.

I doubt we’d trade for any less than £15m and I’m not sure anyone will actually pay that.

We really need him to rediscover his best form otherwise we could be stuck with him when we probably actually need the money to improve the squad.

Because he's not been on form? There hasn't been a striker born who doesn't go through this at least once in their career.

Whatever it was that got Morelos to top scorer in the Europa League will return. We have to believe that, get him through this and scoring again then reap the benefits when the time comes. It might not be the stupid figures quoted but it will be significantly more than 10-15 mil.
Its not to do with not just being on form he's still doing the daft wee things. How significant are we talking here with getting daft? At least I gave a ball park figure. Anything over that I'd be over the moon with and it would be deserved. If we qualify for the next round of the el and he's scoring in it again I would expect his value to go up.

I like to take a realistic approach than band about the numbers that fly around on here. Fs folk have goldson n Tav selling on here for 8+ million. It's asylum patter.

We’ll be lucky to get £18million for him and yes we definitely should sell him.

He’s fallen off a cliff form wise after Christmas every season he’s been here. He’s not as clinical as people like to make him out to be and he’s always liable to get sent off (even if it’s always the refs fault).

I think morelos will know the closer it gets to end of the season he will need to pick up his performances if he wants the move to england in summer

I still think 18-20m at least. He’s off the boil but all players have a patch where they’re a bit off their game. He’s still the striker who has scored 30 goals this season and he’s an absolute handful, see the Braga game.

A bad month won’t ruin his value.

The way he's playing he might just be here next season. He's a quality player despite his recent form, hopefully he finds it soon and shows why we rated him at a 20 million plus player
he will leave as he wants to go and if we are going to hold out for more than is bid we will be left with an unhappy player, also i think Gerard will leave us at the end of the season.

Morelos has undoubtedly been an incredible singing. Fair play to the scouts who went to Finland and picked him out.
He has been with us now for almost 3 seasons, and has been worth his weight in gold for the most part.
However, given the importance of next season, and the improvements we need to make to certain positions, would selling Morelos help us improve the squad as a whole ( cutting of the arm to save the body effectively) and if so, what would we all realistically expect to get for him?

Aye. Right.

Back