Team for Wednesday?

Casper Kent

Will no doubt be some interesting selections in this thread based on recent performances. Assuming Barisic is fit, I’d go;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Edmunson Barisic
Arfield Jack Polster
Hagi Aribo
Kamberi

If Barisic doesn’t make it, then Aribo back to LB and Stewart in where he is in the team above.

Will no doubt be some interesting selections in this thread based on recent performances. Assuming Barisic is fit, I’d go;

McGregor
Arfield Jack Polster
Hagi Aribo
Kamberi

If Barisic doesn’t make it, then Aribo back to LB and Stewart in where he is in the team above.
I think he’ll play Davis and Kent regardless mate despite their awful form of late.

I just hope they can turn it around for the occasion.

Polster wasn't even on the bench at the weekend mate! Theres not a chance he'll start such a big game in the middle of the park

McGregor

Tav Goldson Edmundson Barisic

Jack Davis Arfield

Hagi Aribo

Kamberi

I think starting Edmundson would be criminal

Katic has shown he can be a big player in big games for us

to throw Edmundson into a game like this could be costly

mcgregor

tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic/aribo

Davis
Jack
Arfield

hagi
Aribo/Stewart

kamberi

Few suggestions for Katic already :oops: if he starts on Wednesday after his performance and the managers comments on Sunday then Edmunson is as well heading back to England and sitting on his sofa till the window opens for a move.

I think starting Edmundson would be criminal

Katic has shown he can be a big player in big games for us

to throw Edmundson into a game like this could be costly

mcgregor

tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic/aribo

Davis
Jack
Arfield

hagi
Aribo/Stewart

kamberi

Starting Katic, who was a total wreck yesterday, would be even more criminal.

He needs dropped for both the team and himself.

Starting Katic, who was a total wreck yesterday, would be even more criminal.

He needs dropped for both the team and himself.
I think if it was just straight into Sunday’s game I’d agree mate but Edmundson hasn’t played a game at this level

who knows but no matter who it is, they’re in for a long night and need to be 100% in concentration

Kamara should be nowhere near the first team going on his current form

I know, but who is on form? we'll need his energy and ball-winning skills in midfield.
I think Hagi sits this one out, comes on 2nd half if we need a goal.
3 at the back might work with Edmundson too, but maybe not the game to experiment.

Who knows - possibly a slight change and pack the midfield to reduce the space they have. Balls in behind for Kamberi to chase. Would leave some pacey options to come off the bench if we hold them and stay within reach

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Aribo Arfield
Kamberi

Pretty much how teams play us - ugly.

Whoever plays, i really hope we don't go the usual 4-3-3 at the start of this game. 4-5-1 sit in tight and keep them out for as long as possible and hope to hit them on a counter. Braga are gona go all out from the start on Wednesday and we really need to make sure we are compact and defend for our lives. Its negative stuff but warranted under the circumstances just hope Stevie G sees it like this...

I would throw a gauntlet down and ask certain players to be the real them. I would also look to set up more solid so;

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Davis
Jack
Arfield

Hagi
Kembari
Aribo

I know how good Kamara CAN be so would be tempted to play him in middle and push Arfield to the left as he will double up well with our LB and they were getting too much joy in wide areas at Ibrox.

Big test for the likes of Katic on Wednesday.
this will show if he has balls or not. Any defender playing after that horror show from yesterday should want to go mental

Big test for the likes of Katic on Wednesday.
this will show if he has balls or not. Any defender playing after that horror show from yesterday should want to go mental

Before some recent performances I would have thought it might be the kind of game that would suit our defence - sitting deep, staying compact, winning headers in the box, clearing crosses and cut backs with good positioning, lots of blocking, less time with the ball at their feet/reliance on passing etc as it has been away in Europe against better teams. 30% possession and a real battle.

Unfortunately hard to see them winning a battle, doing the simple stuff well and concentrating for a full 90+ mins at the moment but you never know.

I’d like us to play a 3-4-1-2 however we won’t we’ll play the same shitey 4-3-3 and get overrun

McGregor
Edmundson Goldson Katic
Tavernier Jack Davis Barasic
Hagi
Kent Kamberi​

Best chance is to hit them on the break with through balls or balls over the top. The 3/5 at the back would hopefully nullify their dominance out wide and kill the space when switching flanks.

McGregor
Arfield Jack Polster
Hagi Aribo
Kamberi

Polster will be lucky to make the bench mate.

We need our best possession retaining midfielders playing and pace up front against a high line defence.

Hagi has no pace, but he can weight a perfect through ball for Kamberi and Kent in behind their high line.

McGregor

Jack Davis Arfield

Hagi Kent

Kamberi

Has Polster been injured? He’s not even been on bench has he?

Polster will be lucky to make the bench mate.

We need our best possession retaining midfielders playing and pace up front against a high line defence.

Hagi has no pace, but he can weight a perfect through ball for Kamberi and Kent in behind their high line.

McGregor

Jack Davis Arfield

Hagi Kent

Kamberi

For me, Aribo has to play as he is one of the few on form.

For me, Aribo has to play as he is one of the few on form.

I know where you're coming from mate, but it's a big call.

I think Davis and Jack have to start, so who would you drop?

I know where you're coming from mate, but it's a big call.

I think Davis and Jack have to start, so who would you drop?

I wouldn't play Kent.

He isn't creating, he looks short on confidence and we need players who can protect possession and Aribo and Hagi are better at that.

Davis, Jack and Arfield central.
Hagi and Aribo further forward and drop back to make a solid 5 if under pressure.
Kamberi up top.

I wouldn't play Kent.

He isn't creating, he looks short on confidence and we need players who can protect possession and Aribo and Hagi are better at that.

Davis, Jack and Arfield central.
Hagi and Aribo further forward and drop back to make a solid 5 if under pressure.
Kamberi up top.

Gerrard normally likes to go with pace up front to counter away from home in Europe mate and it's worked well for us previously.

Hagi is slower than a week in the jail, but he's got great speed of thought and is very creative, as well as a goal threat, so I'd expect him to start.

Kent and Morelos both got in behind their defence at Ibrox a few times and I think Kent and Kamberi will both start over in Braga and try and do the same.

There's every chance I'll be totally wrong, of course. :))

Gerrard normally likes to go with pace up front to counter away from home in Europe mate and it's worked well for us previously.

Hagi is slower than a week in the jail, but he's got great speed of thought and is very creative, as well as a goal threat, so I'd expect him to start.

Kent and Morelos both got in behind their defence at Ibrox a few times and I think Kent and Kamberi will both start over in Braga and try and do the same.

There's every chance I'll be totally wrong, of course. :))

Totally agree about liking pace, but Kent is so off form his pace is worthless as he keeps doing nothing with the ball.
Maybe he'll play Barker o_O

McGregor
Arfield Jack Polster
Hagi Aribo
Kamberi

Polster hasn’t got a hope in hell of starting never mind in central midfield.

What makes me laugh is you have some folk having Kamara (in shockingly poor form) in instead of 2 goal match winner Hagi. We need guile to get a result, something Kamara is not know for. Priceless.

What makes me laugh is you have some folk having Kamara (in shockingly poor form) in instead of 2 goal match winner Hagi. We need guile to get a result, something Kamara is not know for. Priceless.
We probably wont have a lot of the ball so we need work rate,something Hagi is not renowned for.

We probably wont have a lot of the ball so we need work rate,something Hagi is not renowned for.

He is when he pays in the middle and has shown it. playing a 10 on the wing is like pissing in the wind, pointless. We need to score over there because they will. With Hagi there a high percentage he can with Kamara there is a high percentage he won't.

He is when he pays in the middle and has shown it. playing a 10 on the wing is like pissing in the wind, pointless. We need to score over there because they will. With Hagi there a high percentage he can with Kamara there is a high percentage he won't.
Where was his work rate yesterday?
Is he excused simply because he wasn't playing central?

I think he’ll play Davis and Kent regardless mate despite their awful form of late.

I just hope they can turn it around for the occasion.

Mate you can’t just single out Kent and Davis?

Back