What do we think is Morelos’ realistic value, and should we sell him come June?

I still think 18-20m at least. He’s off the boil but all players have a patch where they’re a bit off their game. He’s still the striker who has scored 30 goals this season and he’s an absolute handful, see the Braga game.

A bad month won’t ruin his value.

It will if he keeps spitting the dummy out.

Do you think he simply burns out at a certain point after New Year, could it be a fitness issue?
Had a quick look on transfermarkts stats for his goals record. Assuming its accurate they seem to back up what I've just personally noticed about Alfie pre and post break.

First season:
12 goals pre break, 6 goals after it.

Second season:
20 pre break, 10 after.

Current season - 28 goals pre xmas, 1 goal after to date.

First season he played the summer in Finland then had the bid from China which clearly unsettled him. Second season he missed a good chunk of games due to the red cards v sheep and tims.

We also play less games after the break typically due to europa qualifiers and groups.

This thread is probably the most nonsense I've read since yesterday which takes some doing. 7 to 9 million, my word.

A Morelos thread really brings them out eh.

It's already on record that the club value him at around 20m. If he picks up his form again soon that will be about right I reckon.

What do the club value him at?

I know the transfers around Europe and in world football are crazy but no one is paying crazy money for Morelos.

Tierney went for £25m, Dembele went for £19.7m - Dembele clearly the fitter and more gifted player than what Tierney is.

You'd be hoping for similar for Morelos.

Joint top scorer in the Europa League, and his value has halved according to some. :rolleyes:

If he goes for any less than 20 million, some club will have bagged themselves a bargain.

Are people forgetting he's only 23 years old, with lots of time left to really make a name for himself.

Morelos has undoubtedly been an incredible singing. Fair play to the scouts who went to Finland and picked him out.
He has been with us now for almost 3 seasons, and has been worth his weight in gold for the most part.
However, given the importance of next season, and the improvements we need to make to certain positions, would selling Morelos help us improve the squad as a whole ( cutting of the arm to save the body effectively) and if so, what would we all realistically expect to get for him?
Somewhere between 10 bob and 30 million

At the moment 15m tops, if anyone comes in for him. If he gets his shooting boots on from now till the end of the season then maybe more. Ideally I’d like him to stay for one more season then leave with a league winners medal and get 30m for him.

He’s been pish of late but it’s not helped with him getting a couple good goals ruled out.

A goal in Braga on Wednesday and a decent run will have him back at £15-20m
ffs forgot he was banned. That’s as bad as the boy asking what score would put us through.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think we have to sell the lad. The bad press this young visitor to our country receives from our media is disgusting, and I think it is actually getting to him. Whether Hollicom are involved or not I don’t know, but there does seem to me to be an orchestrated campaign against him. Other countries would rave about such a talent playing in their league, but not the shithole known as Scotland. A bitter bigoted racist backwater. I hope he stays but I think he won’t.

The kid is a genius and when he is mentally well, he’s virtually unplayable.
However his temperament is suspect.
Our enemies have taken advantage of that and he has cracked as a result..
To be fair to him he has been put under insufferable pressure.
And I am still convinced that this fiasco around his car is something that the Sunday
Mail created and why the editor and Waddell got their jotters.
I can see him getting out of Scotland this summer and we should get £20m

No team will ever pay more than £15m for an spl player who misses 5/6 games a season due to nonsense bookings

McBurnie went for £20m
Solanke went for £19m
Joelinton went for £40m
Maupay went for £20m

Morelos is better than all of them.

Fees in England are beyond crazy. Our best chance of the biggest fee for Morelos is if an EPL team want him.
But regardless where he goes, for me £20m is the minimum acceptable.

Agree with a lot of the comments. 12-15 million. His record in the Europa League was outstanding. Last Thursday he had a number of chances but failed to capitalise. He has the confidence to keep getting involved and into position.

I’d keep if he is happy to stay and wants to stay. Otherwise sell.

Agree with most people here. 15 to 20 million. Maybe closer to 20 if we hit form and he starts scoring again.

If he scores goal on the biggest stage between now and May in OF games, Cup Finals and European nights then £30m minimum...I don't see the point in selling for these pishy £15m estimations, I also don't think Morelos will attract the sort of suitor him and his agent are after

We’ll get more money for him If we knock out Braga and then he has two stormers in the next round.

Otherwise, his value will drop from his peak in Dec.

The English premier league has money to burn. We will get a good fee because of his goals in Europe also. £18m + imo. clubs will see his mistakes but think they can make him better and why shouldn’t they.

On current form and continued discipline issues I think we'll get between 10-15m. If he doesn't make the Colombia copa america squad closer to 10-12m

McBurnie went for £20m
Solanke went for £19m
Joelinton went for £40m
Maupay went for £20m

Morelos is better than all of them.
He may be however Scottish league players are not valued in the same bracket as even the English championship players, even with his Europa goal tally pre xmas.

Seen many strikers go through barren spells over the past 50 years just remember, form is temporary class is permanent.

Anyone saying £10-15m shouldn't be allowed to support football.

Absolute nutters.

A happy, fit and firing Morelos is a 20 to 25 million pound player.

That's not where he is at now though.

There has been multiple comments or insinuations that the players confidence dipping is a sign of issues in the camp.

If that is the case Morelos is the prime example of this. His form, fitness and all round play has fell off a cliff in the SPL. Only seems firing in the Europa league.

I still wouldn't accept anything below 15 million for him though.

Around 15 million just now. If asked at xmas I would have said 20-25.

I would let Alfredo go. We can't continue to gamble on his temperament. Any deal is likely to be based on appearances and other incentives imo.

I think it depends on how he finishes the season.

His stock has definitely dropped since Rotterdam, but he could easily get it back up again.

We won’t sell for less than £20m IMHO, either someone offers it or he will be here next season.

Ideally it is time to move him on for big money and reinvest the money

Back