Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Does anyone who has been working on this know if any past high profile player or employee has come forward to help of their own accord?

or if they have been contacted by the police or lawyers working on this case?

He was contacted but doesn’t seem interested in taking it further. I think someone posted not so long ago that he was working on a new project?
He seems to be completely immersed in the Alberto Salazar stuff for panorama right now. Still no excuse for BBC not following up on this.
So this moron thinks that rival football fans ‘pointscoring’ over child abuse is as bad as the abuse itself? Riiiiiight. I think this self-styled Paedo hunter is in the wrong game. Or perhaps it’s the right game for someone like him to be in? Hiding in plain sight.
Baffling. What does it matter how, why or by whom the spotlight is pointed, as long as it hits it's target and illuminates what is hidden. Man in his business and using his tactics should know that only too well. And yet...

Haven't read the article as don't want to give them the hits, but I'm assuming he's part of the cult. Only explanation for the blatant hypocricy.

He seems to be completely immersed in the Alberto Salazar stuff for panorama right now. Still no excuse for BBC not following up on this.

Baffling. What does it matter how, why or by whom the spotlight is pointed, as long as it hits it's target and illuminates what is hidden. Man in his business and using his tactics should know that only too well. And yet...

Haven't read the article as don't want to give them the hits, but I'm assuming he's part of the cult. Only explanation for the blatant hypocricy.
Yep, another fan of Paedo FC who has just realised that child abuse is actually bad, and is going overboard letting the World know that he thinks child abuse is bad. No idea why all of a sudden, in 2020 they have decided to be so vocal about their views on child abuse. The very public nature of it could be construed as a way of, I don’t know, scoring points?

Does anyone who has been working on this know if any past high profile player or employee has come forward to help of their own accord?

or if they have been contacted by the police or lawyers working on this case?

A couple like Andy Ritchie & Gerry Britton spoke out but that is the most I am aware of.

In fact we think that two ex players who are well known ie made it professionally were abused but didn’t want to go public due to pressure from their families.

It would be wrong to name them.

Last edited:
A couple like Andy Ritchie & Gerry Britton spoke out but that is the most I am aware of.

In fact we think that two ex players who are well known ie made it professionally were abused but didn’t want to go public due to pressure from their families.

i didn't mean victims

there were statements made in books by managers etc. about it being known what the rumours were, being approached by parents??

i wondered if they had been approached to give statements etc.

Frank McGarvey's talks about it in his autobiography to his credit.

He can’t be that good as he’s missed quite a few at his beloved club... Maybe we should offer him some assistance?

The whole point of that article is about trying to get your average man in the street unwilling to talk about it and unwilling to say what they think in case they are called a rangers bigot etc.

All about limiting the conversation and helping all offenders including Celtic slip into the shadows.

Very disturbing.

What is interesting about the story in the Sun and Record today is the coach talking about the meeting they had in 72-73. How many kids could have been saved if they went to the police then. Blows the "didnt know till the 90s out of the water."

Do you guys have RICO laws in the UK. In America we have laws that can declare an organization criminal. It is how the US Government all but completely destroyed the Mob.

What is interesting about the story in the Sun and Record today is the coach talking about the meeting they had in 72-73. How many kids could have been saved if they went to the police then. Blows the "didnt know till the 90s out of the water."

Do you guys have RICO laws in the UK. In America we have laws that can declare an organization criminal. It is how the US Government all but completely destroyed the Mob.

So why cant they use that against the RC Church in the U.S., surely they would be the same as any other company havin so many cons? :confused:

Every week I email dornan and basically tell him what a subhuman piece of pond life he is. I tell him he's a disgrace because he knew there was abuse going on at the time and he said nothing. He called me a cretin and told me to go back to my gutter lol. Even though he tweeted that he knew there was some sort of abuse going on. Then he just threatens me with the police.
Ironically he is now interested in involving police..

Think Lou Macari did as well
Not forgetting Alky Brazil who did play for Tim’s boys club

Macari was approached by a kid claiming he had been abused. Macari said there were no mechanisms for dealing with it. He felt it was a police matter and states that's what happened. He didn't say if he was involved in the process, or how the process came about.

"The details were sickening."

pp 255-256 of the paperback

Last edited:
I would be surprised if anyone at Celtic didn't know about what was going on in the 70s/80s/90s
I know for certain I couldn't live with myself if I knew what was going on and didn't try and do something about it

I also wouldn't be surprised if we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg just now.

As Gerry McSherry said it was 14 names he gave not 3

It's decisions like that from bigoted balloons like Brazil...that human decency conquers all. It gives hope justice is served, solace is delivered and compensation although not seeked is alsodelivered
What amazes me is that Brazil, having been abused by Torbett, having seen it happen to others and having seen Celtic try and cover it all up before actually bringing his abuser back to the club, actually remains such a major cheerleader for them.

I would be surprised if anyone at Celtic didn't know about what was going on in the 70s/80s/90s
I know for certain I couldn't live with myself if I knew what was going on and didn't try and do something about it

I also wouldn't be surprised if we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg just now.

As Gerry McSherry said it was 14 names he gave not 3
An interest thread on twitter

Makes your blood curdle reading that.
And if people out there still believe that there wasn’t abuse on an industrial scale at the stade de secrets, then they are quite deluded I’m afraid.
Feel so rotten for the weans who go through this stuff, no matter what club or at whos hands it is.
What amazes me is that Brazil, having been abused by Torbett, having seen it happen to others and having seen Celtic try and cover it all up before actually bringing his abuser back to the club, actually remains such a major cheerleader for them.
Stockholm syndrome i think it is called where the victim feels some sort of empathy for the perpetrators

He can’t be that good as he’s missed quite a few at his beloved club... Maybe we should offer him some assistance?

Don’t think there is another level that they can stoop down to they’re already at the bottom

Allan Brazil of course

Who i'm led to believe is still at the forefront.

Let me tell you a wee story about Cairney,he was charged with sexual abuse back in 1998 he walked free as there was not enough evidence to prosecute.

He stated in a court of law that he never knew my brother even after my brother produced a team photo of which he and Cairney were in.

It's took 20 years since to bring Cairney to where he is after many fights,the justice system let us down back in 1998.

I certainly don't trust the justice system but i remain with hope

My brother has asked that i allow justice to be served but i ( probably selfishly ) find it so difficult.

I have not spoke to my brother since xmas,it's also a very delicate situation for him to open up to.

There was proceedings in place to take that club through the courts in December however it was cancelled.

Also let me reiterate - There was NO investigation from CFC nor was there any hush money to the victims.

There's still a lot more to come out of this sordid club.

So this moron thinks that rival football fans ‘pointscoring’ over child abuse is as bad as the abuse itself? Riiiiiight. I think this self-styled Paedo hunter is in the wrong game. Or perhaps it’s the right game for someone like him to be in? Hiding in plain sight.
A paedo hunter is annoyed at us hunting paedos. Confused to say the least

Who i'm led to believe is still at the forefront.

Let me tell you a wee story about Cairney,he was charged with sexual abuse back in 1998 he walked free as there was not enough evidence to prosecute.

He stated in a court of law that he never knew my brother even after my brother produced a team photo of which he and Cairney were in.

It's took 20 years since to bring Cairney to where he is after many fights,the justice system let us down back in 1998.

I certainly don't trust the justice system but i remain with hope

My brother has asked that i allow justice to be served but i ( probably selfishly ) find it so difficult.

I have not spoke to my brother since xmas,it's also a very delicate situation for him to open up to.

There was proceedings in place to take that club through the courts in December however it was cancelled.

Also let me reiterate - There was NO investigation from CFC nor was there any hush money to the victims.

There's still a lot more to come out of this sordid club.
I for one am greatful that your brother and others are brave enough to get these bastards locked up, the last two statements do not surprise me in the slightest.

I know of a few stories over here where the paedo hunters themselves have turned out to be in fact the type of people they claim to be hunting.

have indecent images, going on indecent chat sessions, aye its ok if your a paedo hunter o_O

leave it to the police.

How any company would want to become involved with Celtic as these sickening stories continue to break is beyond me. Look at the way Sheffield United were held to ransom over the Ched Evans affair. It was being discussed on every talk show in the country. Whereas this is being treated with almost silence.

Can’t be that good of a peado hunter if he’s not found one in amongst his brethren

Once this channel 4 report is out, I think it's worth messaging MP's again off the back of it asking about an independent enquiry.

As the coverage and evidence builds, the pressure must remain.
Don’t worry about that my friend. When it comes to communication with the appropriate authorities, I can tell you that there are people working non-stop on this. Channel 4 are about to show that club for what they are.

quick look at his facebook and its the only game he has been too, also has a picture of him and his puppy creepy looking bastard

Back