Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Here it is (colourised by the Photo Doctor himself!) ...

be6sfjh.png

And in a more conciliatory pose ...

pdyCyTe.png
Wee Alex had actually jumped back a step and then started with the fists up. It showed Aitken up and he (Aitken) did not know how to react.

I would probably get more info if I asked this in it’s own thread but I’ll start here.

Is there anywhere I could find photos of the athletics meetings at Ibrox when it had the running track?

Rangers 2-0 Celtic - 2nd January 1991. Mark Walters is not in the picture but his corner has totally deceived Bonner and he's scored direct at the Brooloan Road end of Ibrox on a day when the scum support disgraced themselves again, with obscene chants during the pre-match "silence" for the 20th anniversary of the Ibrox Disaster. Disgracefully BBC Scotland tried to deflect the truth, cutting out their sick chants at the start (including Jock Brown who was commentating trying to make out it was well observed), and throughout the match "treating" us to close-ups of their support and praising them to the high rafters for their "magnificent support". It was so boke inducing I found it hard to watch the highlights I recorded for many a year after:

fT5YmtZ.jpg

Does anyone have any info on these photos of what looks like a bit of a rammy in the crowd at Ibrox in the 60s? I thought at one time it was the CWC SF v Slavia Sofia in 1967 but it doesn't look like celebrations and anyway I'm sure it would have been dark by the end of the match. It doesn't look like the 1962 scum v St Mirren SCSF either as I'm sure those are Rangers scarves in the crowd:

MGKXKl9.jpg

KEuQ9ME.jpg

daP4KoZ.jpg

5LlsfxU.jpg

Does anyone have any info on these photos of what looks like a bit of a rammy in the crowd at Ibrox in the 60s? I thought at one time it was the CWC SF v Slavia Sofia in 1967 but it doesn't look like celebrations and anyway I'm sure it would have been dark by the end of the match. It doesn't look like the 1962 scum v St Mirren SCSF either as I'm sure those are Rangers scarves in the crowd:

MGKXKl9.jpg

KEuQ9ME.jpg

daP4KoZ.jpg

5LlsfxU.jpg
I was at that game but don’t remember any incursions onto the pitch. From the clothing worn, it looks as if it was a spring or late summer date.

Reactions: ao2
I was at that game but don’t remember any incursions onto the pitch. From the clothing worn, it looks as if it was a spring or late summer date.

I've seen fans on the pitch at the end of the Slavia game mate but it was dark, probably well after 9pm. These look like afternoon or early evening.

This is not a goal I have pictures of the the goals although it won't let me post.Jardine Jackson and Miller pen were the scorers

The site I got it from actually said it was Jackson's goal, which it clearly isn't. I have s photo of Jardine's goal but would love to see the others mate.

This is not a goal I have pictures of the the goals although it won't let me post.Jardine Jackson and Miller pen were the scorers
The site I got it from actually said it was Jackson's goal, which it clearly isn't. I have s photo of Jardine's goal but would love to see the others mate.
Mate this site doesn't let me post pictures . Are you on Rangers media - Rangers related picture thread ?

Mate this site doesn't let me post pictures . Are you on Rangers media - Rangers related picture thread ?

I used to be on RM but forgot my password and username as I was hardly ever on it lol. Imgur should work for posting photos on here. Sadly tinypic seems to be finished, which is why s lot of photos have disappeared from earlier in this thread.

I used to be on RM but forgot my password and username as I was hardly ever on it lol. Imgur should work for posting photos on here. Sadly tinypic seems to be finished, which is why s lot of photos have disappeared from earlier in this thread.
Are you on Follow Follow on Facebook or Rangers archives ?

MGKXKl9.jpg

KEuQ9ME.jpg

daP4KoZ.jpg

5LlsfxU.jpg

The very first game my dad took me to was v Arsenal pre season in August 1968. I was only 4 so don't remember much at all. I do have a vague memory of fans spilling out on to the pitch. Not sure as many as in these pictures, but maybe a slightly older fan might know if this is that Arsenal game.

MGKXKl9.jpg

KEuQ9ME.jpg

daP4KoZ.jpg

5LlsfxU.jpg
There was loads of occasions in the 60’s and 70’s when fans spilled onto the track and pitch to escape the bottle fights. Never seen these photos before. Looks like the 1960’s.

There was loads of occasions in the 60’s and 70’s when fans spilled onto the track and pitch to escape the bottle fights. Never seen these photos before. Looks like the 1960’s.

I think it's the mid to late 60s going by the way the fans are dressed and the haircuts. It looks like a good set-to!

Does any group member have a picture of any of these goals against Celtic. Millar & Brand 20/8/60, Davis & Brand 3/9/60, Brand & Wilson 10/9/60 ( got other 3 ). Wilson 2/1/61, Wilson 5/9/64, Henderson 30/4/65, Johnston's second goal 11/4/69, Persson 13/8/69, McCoist's second and third 9/5/86. They are hard ones to find.

Back