Chelsea v Bayern (Billy Gilmour)

I always thought Arfield would’ve been the best Canada player whenever he was away on international duty.

Alphonso Davis is having a brilliant game, almost since-handedly destroyed Chelsea. Not surprisingly he is a candidate for Bundesliga's POTY.

The Gilmour boys hype get's better every time he's on the bench , god knows what it'll be like when he actually gets a game...

The young lad at left back is lightening quick. 19 years old! Canadian international. Incredible talent.
Was he born in Canada and brought up in Germany or was he coached in Canada? If the latter they clearly have a good system.

Left back is an absolute stand out. Hes got everything in his locker. He is going to be one of the best left backs in the game.

Bayern have a good mix of young energetic players, and clever experienced players.

They are quite impressive.

Was he born in Canada and brought up in Germany or was he coached in Canada? If the latter they clearly have a good system.
I think the commentator said he was born in Ghana and was a refugee whose family were given asylum in Canada.

I think the commentator said he was born in Ghana and was a refugee whose family were given asylum in Canada.

Reading up on him.

Signed from Vancouver for 9m. Received his Canadian citizenship on June 6, 2017. Davies was born in Buduburam, a refugee camp in the Gomoa East District of Ghana. His parents lived there while fleeing Liberia during the Second Liberian Civil War.

Bayern fans singing "Football's coming home".

Who said the Germans had no sense of humour.

Bayern have been relentless since their first goal and and always looking for more goals. I hope our players are watching this game tonight. Professionalism at its finest.
Bayern have been excellent on attack - especially their cut backs. Chelsea despite all their money poor. It just goes to show how good a result Rangers had last week against a good footballing side.

Along with Bayern's previous demolition of Spurs, this game is farther evidence that outside of Liverpool and Man City, the EPL isn't all that good.

The 3 English teams in the last 16 so far are played 3, lost 3, zero goals scored.

Willian is a very classy player when he can be bothered. Based on tonight's complete lack of effort, I'd have him on the first bus out of town.

That Bayern team was fitter, faster and cleverer in every aspect of the game in the 2nd half.
Chelsea could only run after them and hope they didn't score more.

As to my claim that the EPL is way over-hyped. For eg. would players like Ross Barkley or Tammy Abrams even make the Bayern 1st team squad?

The 4 finalists of the champions league and europa league were all English only last season.

To say it’s way over hyped is nonsense.

Bayern are a class above Chelsea now. Chelsea are a europa league quality side these days.

Just back from the game. Chelsea were absolutely torn a new arse tonight. Arsenal fans must think they had Gnabry's evil twin playing for them. He completely bossed it.

I don't want Gilmour to do too well on the basis that it may encourage other clubs to come snap up our youngsters for buttons. Selfish I know!

The 4 finalists of the champions league and europa league were all English only last season.

To say it’s way over hyped is nonsense.
Reaching the semi's of the CL depends many factors not the least of which is - 'the luck of the draw'. Some teams have an easy pathway by virtue of being placed in a less competitive group, whilst others, because their groups contain much tougher opponents, have a more difficult time qualifying for the semis. Therefore to imply as you did in your comment, that only the 'four best teams' will reach the semi-finals, is as misleading as it is superficial.

Back