Who do we want in the next round?

archimedes

Happy to be corrected but I believe it is an open draw in the next round, so as far as I am aware anyone is possible.

(Teams on right at home this week)

APOEL 0 -3 Basel
AS Roma 1-0 Gent
AZ Alkmaar 1-1 LASK
Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 FC Porto
Olympiacos Piraeus 0-1 Arsenal
Wolfsburg 2-1 Malmo FF
Wolves 4- 0 Espanyol
CFR Cluj 1-1 Sevilla
Club Brugge KV 1-1 Manchester Utd
Eintracht Frankfurt 4-1 Salzburg
FC Copenhagen 1-1 Mhanky Bastards
Getafe 2-0 Ajax
Ludogorets 0-2 Inter
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Benfica
Sporting 3-1 Basaksehir

I fancy Man Utd, I think we could take them over 2 legs just now. The Gaffer would be determined to beat them and we could get some revenge for our previous CL defeats to them.

One of the three Portuguese teams. We seem to have their number.

Or maybe malmo.

The most beatable team left .

Would take Celtic or Copenhagen - would have no fear of taking on either of them.

Porto or Lisbon. We rule Portugal.

In general though I'd fancy us against any side over two legs in Europe. We seem a different animal compared to domestically.

Would love man utd or arsenal ,wolves but ye know the polis would shut everything down just geez the poets if they get thru

On the basis we have beat Porto & Braga. Another Portuguese team maybe.....
We beat Sporting on the the way to Mancheste. Just saying

I’d love a crack at Man U. Always irked me we never beat them in the CL. Unfinished business. Would be nice to see Gerrard beat them and I think they’re there for the taking

Copenhagen
Sporting
Alkmaar or LASK Linz
Malmo

Any of those 4 I'm confident of progressing. Even if we got Copenhagen's opponents, we'd beat them as well.

The worst team in the draw will do me. Financially you're still going get a the same sell out,tv money, qualification money that you would get for playing malmo that you'd get for playing man United, just more chance of going through.

We need to avoid Wolves, Man Utd, Leverkusen, Shaktar, Inter or Arsenal. Anyone else we’ve got a chance.

The worst team in the draw will do me. Financially you're still going get a the same sell out,tv money, qualification money that you would get for playing malmo that you'd get for playing man United, just more chance of going through.

In theory we are probably deemed the worst team in the draw with our ranking I assume?

Back