Wolves
Leverkusen
Roma
LASK
Wolfsburg

Games still to go

Ajax/Getafe (0 -2 to Getafe)
Arsenal/ Olympiacos (1-0 to Arsenal)
Benfica/Shakhtar Donetsk (1-2 to Shaktar)
Celtic/FC Koebenhavn (1-1)
Inter/Ludogorets Razgrad (2-0 to Inter)
Manchester United/Club Brugge (1-1)
Salzburg/Eintracht Frankfurt (1-4 to Eintracht)
Sevilla/CFR Cluj(1-1)

How do we see it shaping up? Im thinking

Rangers
Basel
Wolves
Porto
Roma
Sporting
AZ
Wolsburg
Getafe
Arsenal
Benfica
Celtic
Inter
Man U
Frankfurt
Sevilla

Last edited:
Looking at that last 16 written down it's going to be really tough whiever we get.

We obviously know all about Porto but would like to avoid them, also my heart couldn't take getting the mentally challengeds.

Man United and Arsenal I think would have just too much for us, Wolves would be completely unpredictable and a fascinating tie.

I want to progress to the QF so anyone from Copenhagen, LASK, Alkmaar, Gent or Basel please.

Current teams through

Rangers

Games still to go

Basel v Nicosia (3-0 to Basel)
Espanyol v Wolves (0 - 4 to Wolves)
Port / Leverkusen (1 - 2 to Leverkusen)
Gent / Roma (0 - 1 to Roma)
Istanbul v Sporting (1 - 3 up)
LASK/AZ Alkmaar (currently 1 - 1)
Malmoe FF/ Wolfsburg (1 - 2 to Wolfsburg)
Ajax/Getafe (0 -2 to Getafe)
Arsenal/ Olympiacos (1-0 to Arsenal)
Benfica/Shakhtar Donetsk (1-2 to Shaktar)
Celtic/FC Koebenhavn (1-1)
Inter/Ludogorets Razgrad (2-0 to Inter)
Manchester United/Club Brugge (1-1)
Salzburg/Eintracht Frankfurt (1-4 to Eintracht)
Sevilla/CFR Cluj(1-1)

Rangers
Basel
Wolves
Porto
Roma
Sporting
AZ
Wolsburg
Getafe
Arsenal
Benfica
Celtic
Inter
Man U
Frankfurt
Sevilla
Basel or AZ would see a good chance of progession. Had enough of Portuguese teams.

Anyone else would be extremely tough.

Arsenal for the location.

Hopefully we'll save Wolves for the semis ;)

Do they make the draw for the next two rounds on Friday?

No, only last 16.

20 February: Round of 32, first leg
27 February: Round of 32, second leg
28 February: Round of 16 draw, Nyon

MARCH

12 March: Round of 16, first leg
19 March: Round of 16, second leg
20 March: Quarter-final and semi-final draws, Nyon

APRIL

9 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
16 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
30 April: Semi-finals, first leg

MAY

7 May: Semi-finals, second leg
27 May: Final – Gdansk Stadium

Reactions: M@x

Rangers
Basel
Wolves
Porto
Roma
Sporting
AZ
Wolsburg
Getafe
Arsenal
Benfica
Celtic
Inter
Man U
Frankfurt
Sevilla
I think the majority of these will be right come end of play tonight. I have a feeling we will end up with a British tie as well.

From a selfish perspective living in London I’d love Arsenal, but I really want us to get to the quarter finals now so an ‘easier’ tie is preferable at this stage.

Not a lot of those left right enough.

Only really Basel, Alkmaar, Malmo and, to flog a dead horse, Copenhagen fit the bill on paper.

Glamour ties and potentially getting them is great but I want Sporting or Basel.

Watching us last night just showed how good we are. The last 2 months have been mental, form wise, as we are a very good team but finally we got back to what we were doing pre-break.

I want a team our players would be confident of beating over 2 legs and they 2 are the teams i'd want.

Looking at that last 16 written down it's going to be really tough whiever we get.

We obviously know all about Porto but would like to avoid them, also my heart couldn't take getting the mentally challengeds.

Man United and Arsenal I think would have just too much for us, Wolves would be completely unpredictable and a fascinating tie.

I want to progress to the QF so anyone from Copenhagen, LASK, Alkmaar, Gent or Basel please.
I’d rather draw Man Utd or Arsenal over Wolves

Rangers vs Scum with VAR, good lord.
And impartial refs.

%^*& me we'd batter them big time. They wouldn't know what hit them. Wouldn't surprise me if we do get them, it'll be rigged just incase we get them in the final - no chance that'll ever be allowed to happen, Glasgow and Gdansk would be mayhem.

Any team from Portugal, England or the scum would do me nicely. Tough enough but very winnable.

We are a completely different animal in Europe!
We’ll be a match for anyone!

I’d be confident going into a match vs any one of those sides. However, less “confident” going into a match vs Hearts at tynecastle.

I don’t know how the fück that is as it’s a crazy statement but it’s a true reflection in how the season has unfolded so far.
Absolutely bonkers scenario. We need to get a “horses for courses” philosophy and pick a side/formation that can produce the results domestically.

BTW why do people want Celtic to get papped out? Surely we want them to have at least as many games as us to play? In fact if we got put out last night I still wanted Celtic to qualify in the hope that they're more fatigued in the league.

Back