90 mins of superb backing-a lesson to be learned.

Under their own articles they can sanction with a with full stadium closure for the repeat offence. Hoping they might offer a softer punishment doesn't change the fact that they can make us play behind closed doors - especially as we don't seem to be learning and any charge coming would be the 3rd this season!

No point harping on that it will just be a stand, doesn't even make sense when you are saying they always hit us with the harshest punishment.

They could also hammer a team as and when they like , as I say it’s their ball . Us arguing in here about what UEFA might do is pointless .

However as I say people jumping to “ immediate full stadium closure “ does nobody any favours , as if it’s a set in stone rule . Under normal circumstances a stand closure would be next , although as you say UEFA can make it up as they go along.

It seems to me too many people seem a bit too keen and excited about the prospect of any punishment . It’s all a bit strange coming from so called bears in my opinion .

It’s great when we back our team in the right way but sadly there’s a complete moronic core who travel away in Europe and think they’re a law unto themselves we will not escape punishment. Last nights outstanding performance is now tainted by the morons in our support what a bunch of f#ckin idiots I just wish they would F#ck off and never come back said it before they must really hate our club

There is no way that the words that people think were sung are decipherable.

If a rep says he heard them, he’d be lying.

How can he / she prove that it wasn’t Dundee, Hamilton, up the rod and back and then back again that was sung?

I’m probably being petty, but surely there has to be a burden of proof?

It’s a least worth a jab.
LinearOfficialKudu-max-1mb.gif

We honestly do ourselves no favours at all, drop the ftp and 19th Century Terrorist references, how hard is it really. Is it going to take a stand closed for the penny to drop.

We honestly do ourselves no favours at all, drop the ftp and 19th Century Terrorist references, how hard is it really. Is it going to take a stand closed for the penny to drop.

No because they’ll be quite happy if it doesn’t affect them.

How can he / she prove that it wasn’t Dundee, Hamilton, up the rod and back and then back again that was sung?

Tbf it wasn’t FF that I’d heard - although some have reported it - but Super Rangers was pretty loud and clear.

Im gutted. A brilliant result and once again we are shitting ourselves afterwards.

What can the club do? These morons won't take a telling.

It does sadly seem the only option for the club is to refuse any tickets for away UEFA matches .

So many good bears will miss out on great trips , and it’s bloody sad that this is where we are at .

But yet again we are sitting wondering what our “ punishment “ will be instead of enjoying a famous win .

I think it’s now clear there’s only one way the club can go and that’s as I say refusal of any away tickets . That’s the reality.

The thing I really don’t understand is that since Warsaw the away support domestically has been brilliant cutting out anything remotely ‘banned’ yet we don’t get punished for anything domestically.

Go into Europe where we get fines, section, stand and stadium closures we start it back up again? Why? It really makes no sense to me at all.

If you got 25 people, who have never previously heard / sang / studied the song in question, there is no way that they’d get 2 prescribed words based on the audio from last night’s match.

They’d be lucky to guess the two uses of the out of the 6 words used in the offending line of the song.
It’s Fare you are talking about. They probably know all the words and songs as well as we do.

%^*& the pope was sung as clear as day after the sash within the first couple of minutes mate.

The thing I really don’t understand is that since Warsaw the away support domestically has been brilliant cutting out anything remotely ‘banned’ yet we don’t get punished for anything domestically.

Go into Europe where we get fines, section, stand and stadium closures we start it back up again? Why? It really makes no sense to me at all.

I don’t think domestically it has been cut out, improved yes but still goes on . We still get the bobby sands dirge , plus pointless add ons to followfollow and other great songs ruined .

It’s the weirdest thing that grown men want to go to a football game and sing about religion or terrorists , whether that’s catholic’s , jews, Muslims , Protestants or whatever , it’s just such a strange concept . If people stopped and looked at themselves in isolation surely they would be like “ what the actual fck am I doing “? :oops:

We can moan and plead as much as we like but the simple fact is that these people just do no care what damage they do to the club. Some of them start on the plane going to the game( see twitter etc.), they're that stupid they record the sectarian crap and put it online. They think it’s good fun and makes them really staunch. The actual game is secondary in the proceedings.

It is absolutely exasperating, especially when we are looking for shirt manufacturers, sponsors and advertisers.and risk losing gate revenue, just because a few morons care more for a piss up than their Club.
We have Directors picking up the tab, covering our loses and this is the thanks they get. Thrown back in their faces, as if these dough balls have some sort of right to do this because they think they are making some sort of historical point.
Fare, Celtic, BBC, SFA, SMSM, will not have stopped laughing yet.
Well done lads, well done.

I love our travelling support, I enjoy being part if it but the first rendition of The Sash had the add on as clear as day. If the worst case scenario happens we only have ourselves to blame.

This forum is supposed to be about discussing Rangers issues. Punishment from Uefa is a pretty big issue for the club.

Should we just ignore it? For fear of providing journalists a story?
Supposed is the operative word but we all know on this forum its full of filthy poet bastards and corrupt journos who are discussing Rangers issues

With braga selling tickets to anyone that could be our get out of jail clause
I just came on to post this. It could be very difficult pin pointing who sang anything untoward.

However the attitude of some of our support needs to changed.

Some of our Euro away fans are not exactly clever. You will find that quite a lot of them don't normally go to watch Rangers but tag along with mates for a jolly and think it's still okay to give the pope laldy. We have all done it in the past but now it's hurting Rangers financially and taking the shine of some great european results so we must do something about it. I love euro away trips but unfortunately it looks like refusing away tickets is the only answer.

The backing was superb the whole game but we all know there was songs sung that have landed us with punishments this season and in the past. While some might not think there is anything wrong with the songs UEFA do and will take action if reported by FARE or their own observer.

The last thing the club needs going into the next round is the potential loss of revenue or the team not getting the backing it deserves.

The backing was superb the whole game but we all know there was songs sung that have landed us with punishments this season and in the past. While some might not think there is anything wrong with the songs UEFA do and will take action if reported by FARE or their own observer.

The last thing the club needs going into the next round is the potential loss of revenue or the team not getting the backing it deserves.

That's the thing that bothers me the most.
It just feels like another boot in the balls on top of all the others we've received these past 8 years.

We need to wait and see what happens with UEFA.
The add-on after the sash was not super clear on TV, in my opinion.
However the Super Rangers chant was sung loud and clear and I think this one was specifically what we were punished for earlier in the season.

It's worrying. Kind of takes the shine off a good night.

I just came on to post this. It could be very difficult pin pointing who sang anything untoward.

However the attitude of some of our support needs to changed.
It's never going to change. You'd have thought after Warsaw lessons would be learned, but obviously not. But they're the pyoor biggest Rangers 'fans' ever so what can we do?

The report goes to uefa who investigate then tell us how much money it’ll cost. Then our name goes on the list of racist clubs. We don’t get a jab.

The report goes to uefa who investigate then tell us how much money it’ll cost. Then our name goes on the list of racist clubs. We don’t get a jab.

What do you reckon this time mate ? Hoping for the best but fearing a possible stand being shut I worry .

The club now have zero choice re accepting any future away tickets for uefa matches surely ? The time for earnings has long gone .

They could also hammer a team as and when they like , as I say it’s their ball . Us arguing in here about what UEFA might do is pointless .

However as I say people jumping to “ immediate full stadium closure “ does nobody any favours , as if it’s a set in stone rule . Under normal circumstances a stand closure would be next , although as you say UEFA can make it up as they go along.

It seems to me too many people seem a bit too keen and excited about the prospect of any punishment . It’s all a bit strange coming from so called bears in my opinion .
Nobody is keen or excited about the prospect of punishment, the 'so called bears' jibe is just uncalled for. Stand closure isn't even mentioned in the article for info

Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person
or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion,
ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten
matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.
If one or more of a member association or club’s supporters engage in the
behaviour described in paragraph 1, the member association or club responsible is
punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure.
3 The following disciplinary measures apply in the event of recidivism:
a. a second offence is punished with one match played behind closed doors and
a fine of € 50,000;
b. any subsequent offence is punished with more than one match behind closed
doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points
and/or disqualification from the competition.
If the circumstances of the case require it, the competent disciplinary body may
impose additional disciplinary measures on the member association or club
responsible, such as the playing of one or more matches behind closed doors, a
stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or
disqualification from the competition.

Sorry. I couldn’t disagree more. It’s a blatant thick line.

Don’t sing about the pope, 19th Century Terrorist, catholic’s. It’s really fucking simple.

For reasons of age and health I no longer attend Euro away games. Should be missing it with the results we're getting but the large ned element in our travelling support makes me glad I stay at home.

Fucking simple just about sums up the bams who can't sing or chant at a Rangers game without bringing the Pope or 19th Century Terrorists into it.

Sorry. I couldn’t disagree more. It’s a blatant thick line.

Don’t sing about the pope, 19th Century Terrorist, catholic’s. It’s really fucking simple.

I agree entirely, that's not the point I was making.

We have a massive travelling support drinking heavily (and by all accounts coked up to the eyeballs).

As they lose their collective inhibitions they create a noisy carnival atmosphere but judgement goes out the window.

If every Rangers fan inside the stadium is stone cold sober, I don't think we 'd hear anything that gets us in trouble.

And that's a just a reason, it's certainly not an excuse.

What do you reckon this time mate ? Hoping for the best but fearing a possible stand being shut I worry .

The club now have zero choice re accepting any future away tickets for uefa matches surely ? The time for earnings has long gone .
I think the next stage will be full closure. We used our 50/50 when we refused away tickets. If it’s in the report I’m sure they’ll act. Getting closer to disqualification. We’re still in the same season we’ve already been punished in twice. We go a couple of months then bring out the foot gun every time. It’s really disheartening.

It’s a pity our resident journo lurkers aren’t quite so quick to hear racism when it’s inside Scottish stadiums towards Rangers players, or when it’s FTQ etc on away trips in Europe.

But that doesn’t suit their blatantly one sided agenda, does it?

I think the next stage will be full closure. We used our 50/50 when we refused away tickets. If it’s in the report I’m sure they’ll act. Getting closer to disqualification. We’re still in the same season we’ve already been punished in twice. We go a couple of months then bring out the foot gun every time. It’s really disheartening.

Regarding future away uefa games , do you think the club will take tickets ?

It’s a pity our resident journo lurkers aren’t quite so quick to hear racism when it’s inside Scottish stadiums towards Rangers players, or when it’s FTQ etc on away trips in Europe.

But that doesn’t suit their blatantly one sided agenda, does it?
Well we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and sort this out urgently. Pretending that what other clubs do or don’t do matters, instead of just getting our own house in order is partly what has led us here.

UEFA couldn’t care less what happens in Scottish league games.

They might try going a few games without or maybe next seasons qualifiers to try to get the message through. I doubt there’s people who don’t know by now but by having people want to go but unable to get tickets and asking why, might reach them? I don’t believe there’s people who still don’t know the story. What do you think?

The time has come to get rid of all non- football songs other than the Sash and Derry’s walls.
Ban the super Rangers song and put the right words up to follow follow.
It needs done and pronto.
This for me. I’m sure I said the same on here after Warsaw. The Sash and Derry’s Walls have been sung at Ibrox for at least 80 years so they are as much a Rangers song as anything else. They are as cultural as that Miners Song that Schalke fans sing. The rest can go.

I think the club need to send a strong signal to UEFA that they will take action to try and mitigate future punishments so I can see it happening.
No one can pretend to be surprised or aggrieved either. Maybe if supporters are aware they won’t be getting anymore away trips self policing might finally become effective - the only true antidote to this shit imo.

I heard the fans during the radio commentary and they were amazing, sounded like a derby. Fantastic by the fans, players and management.

Having some songs for Scotland and different for Europe is a disaster waiting to happen. People have shown they can’t be trusted. Why sing about 19th Century Terrorists and popes anywhere. Plus it’s only a matter of time before strict liability is introduced here.

It's never going to change. You'd have thought after Warsaw lessons would be learned, but obviously not. But they're the pyoor biggest Rangers 'fans' ever so what can we do?
Are they fuk rangers fans, half of them have never seen the inside of Ibrox, they go out there for a drinking session and send stupid videos back home, fukin morons.

Is it not a little sinister if the use of “19th Century Terrorist”, say, or even “%^*& the pope” is to be equated with abuse relating to the colour of one’s skin? I’m not condoning or whatabouting, but I think there’s a point there.

Well we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and sort this out urgently. Pretending that what other clubs do or don’t do matters, instead of just getting our own house in order is partly what has led us here.

UEFA couldn’t care less what happens in Scottish league games.

I agree with you. But as always, we are targeted selectively and deliberately while equally bad behaviour is either whitewashed, deflected or downright denied. Which then IMO helps perpetuate the ‘they do it, so why can’t we’ mindset that keeps getting us in bother from some people who should know better.

They might try going a few games without or maybe next seasons qualifiers to try to get the message through. I doubt there’s people who don’t know by now but by having people want to go but unable to get tickets and asking why, might reach them? I don’t believe there’s people who still don’t know the story. What do you think?

I think that measure should’ve been taken after feyenoord . It wasn’t and now look where we are .

It’s a shame for guys who travel and don’t shame our club , but it needs done to get the message across . The club have tried everything else .

Like most of us I’ll be utterly gutted if our last 16 tie at home is played with a stand shut , would be a massive blow financially and image wise as well as robbing perhaps 8000 fans of seeing the game . And I’m assuming it would either be broomloan or Copland shut , I suppose we need to wait and see. If it’s a full stadium which I don’t think it will be , it would be an utter disaster for our club on and off the park .

Back