How the last 16 is likely to look?

As long as we avoid Frankfurt and Sevilla I’m happy . That way it’s either a winnable tie we have or a glamour tie . Frankfurter and Sevilla would be neither .

BTW why do people want Celtic to get papped out? Surely we want them to have at least as many games as us to play? In fact if we got put out last night I still wanted Celtic to qualify in the hope that they're more fatigued in the league.
Less progress in europe = less money = easier for us to catch up and close the monetary gap

and I guess the entertainment of watching them lose

Current teams through

Rangers

Games still to go

Basel v Nicosia (3-0 to Basel)
Espanyol v Wolves (0 - 4 to Wolves)
Port / Leverkusen (1 - 2 to Leverkusen)
Gent / Roma (0 - 1 to Roma)
Istanbul v Sporting (1 - 3 up)
LASK/AZ Alkmaar (currently 1 - 1)
Malmoe FF/ Wolfsburg (1 - 2 to Wolfsburg)
Ajax/Getafe (0 -2 to Getafe)
Arsenal/ Olympiacos (1-0 to Arsenal)
Benfica/Shakhtar Donetsk (1-2 to Shaktar)
Celtic/FC Koebenhavn (1-1)
Inter/Ludogorets Razgrad (2-0 to Inter)
Manchester United/Club Brugge (1-1)
Salzburg/Eintracht Frankfurt (1-4 to Eintracht)
Sevilla/CFR Cluj(1-1)

How do we see it shaping up? Im thinking

Rangers
Basel
Wolves
Porto
Roma
Sporting
AZ
Wolsburg
Getafe
Arsenal
Benfica
Celtic
Inter
Man U
Frankfurt
Sevilla
there is absoloutely not one team in there that we cant beat. if anything theres ten teams in there that can win this but we are definitely one of them. if any team stands out its inter or man u or ajax but only because they really are champions league teams and none of them are the teams they once was. we really could go all the way. and i believe that the players and management feel this as well.

Heart says I want Man Utd, Arsenal or Inter.

Head says I want LASK or AZ Alkmar.

Want to avoid Wolves, Bayer Leverkusen and Frankfurt like the plague - they've not got the allure of a big team draw but would absolutely give us a chasing!
but they really wouldnt though. and wolves are wolves for f-ucksake. aye they have had a few good results. but its not like they are 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their league.

What happens if Celtic go through and we both end up on the same side of the draw IE home ties first? Can’t have both games on the same night, would one move to the Wednesday?

there is absoloutely not one team in there that we cant beat. if anything theres ten teams in there that can win this but we are definitely one of them. if any team stands out its inter or man u or ajax but only because they really are champions league teams and none of them are the teams they once was. we really could go all the way. and i believe that the players and management feel this as well.
We’d skelp Man United they’ve got City before and Spurs in the middle - they’d rotate a bit I’d expect. I think they’d shrink at Ibrox.

It's going to be Arsenal. I was joking with a colleague since the qualifying rounds, that we were going to put Arsenal out. It's written in the stars, I'm sure of it!
and i reckon we will do them at home as well. hit an miss what we will do at their bit but.

It's going to be Arsenal. I was joking with a colleague since the qualifying rounds, that we were going to put Arsenal out. It's written in the stars, I'm sure of it!
what a tie for britain that would be though man. would be a smaller version of manchester 2008 in london 2020! although the met would handle it superbly.

The way this coronavirus is going I can see all mass travel around Europe being banned. (Like the Italy v Ireland rugby)
This could seriously fvck up all sporting events.
Best we get Brittish opposition.

Give us anyone , at this stage it’s a bonus being there and we will give anyone a game. We’ve done ourselves proud.

If we get inter, they might play behind closed doors due to the corona virus. Would like Arsenal Wolves or Man U, half day off for me and I need the holidays for gdansk

Less progress in europe = less money = easier for us to catch up and close the monetary gap

and I guess the entertainment of watching them lose

I'd say them playing more games means there's more chance of them slipping up in the league. I'd take that over them getting an extra million or two.

What happens if Celtic go through and we both end up on the same side of the draw IE home ties first? Can’t have both games on the same night, would one move to the Wednesday?
could be wrong but i think with them having a higher coefficent, they would be permitted to play the away game first. On paper thats seen as being a better thing but i think last night showed playing away in the second leg might actually suit us

Us v Arsenal would be some draw. Heroes welcome for Arteta at Ibrox (for that penalty he calmly took in 2003 v Dunfermline to give us the final day title and his wee wrist shaking celebration). Then skelp them.

I hope we get Arsenal.

If not, then maybe AS Roma (can´t remember if Rangers have ever met AS Roma before).

Most are extremely winnable.

I'll happily take whoever we get.

From a totally selfish angle, I'd prefer a draw outside the UK and another decent trip.

I'd love Inter, just so I can go to the san siro b4 its bulldozed.
Also love a german trip.
Basle or celtic/copenhagen prob gives us the best chance.

1. Inter Milan (providing we can go)
2. Wolfsburg/Frankfurt (has anyone had a bad trip to Germany)
3. Wolves (financially better for my bank manager)

Would want to avoid Inter and Arsenal. Although a wee trip to London would be just the ticket.

Current teams through

Rangers

Games still to go

Basel v Nicosia (3-0 to Basel)
Espanyol v Wolves (0 - 4 to Wolves)
Port / Leverkusen (1 - 2 to Leverkusen)
Gent / Roma (0 - 1 to Roma)
Istanbul v Sporting (1 - 3 up)
LASK/AZ Alkmaar (currently 1 - 1)
Malmoe FF/ Wolfsburg (1 - 2 to Wolfsburg)
Ajax/Getafe (0 -2 to Getafe)
Arsenal/ Olympiacos (1-0 to Arsenal)
Benfica/Shakhtar Donetsk (1-2 to Shaktar)
Celtic/FC Koebenhavn (1-1)
Inter/Ludogorets Razgrad (2-0 to Inter)
Manchester United/Club Brugge (1-1)
Salzburg/Eintracht Frankfurt (1-4 to Eintracht)
Sevilla/CFR Cluj(1-1)

How do we see it shaping up? Im thinking

Rangers
Basel
Wolves
Porto
Roma
Sporting
AZ
Wolsburg
Getafe
Arsenal
Benfica
Celtic
Inter
Man U
Frankfurt
Sevilla

Non of them put the shiters up me.

Isn't it nice to be through already? No worries at all. Sitting back and enjoying the football tonight knowing we've done our job. The rest of the teams can slog it out tonight and they can all dream of joining The Famous Glasgow Rangers in the Last 16.

There's a few very beatable teams left in there and the way we play in Europe, there's nothing to fear from so many of them.

Back