Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

What I would say for absolute certain, I wouldn’t really care too much if the SMSM didn’t report on their front pages or even report At all, the key to this is the wider UK and even Europe and world wide.
If the scandal is spread far and wide, folk who know the celtic name and believe it to be a great, clean reputable club and then see this scandal pop up, they will think very differently about it, and that will also go for their denials and lack of sympathy and remorse about it.

what I would also like to ask is why are celtic football club promoting SFA statements, and why has the independent enquiry chair bringing out a statement to clarify anything about the news broadcast? All I glean from that statement is that he is somewhat defending celtic, and stating that it’s not all about financial recompense which would indicate that he favours celtic not being hauled over the coals financially.
That statement stinks to high heaven and really really needs to be looked at further and thoroughly investigated as a matter of urgency.
celtic are in desperate need of friends right now, seemingly they have a very close on in the SFA at present, which is very very convenient
Thing is, the more celtic keep pushing for everybody else getting dragged in, the less friends they'll have.

Must be a lot of clubs raging with the sfa.

I can only assume due to the new laws coming into force that it could be more beneficial for Thomsons clients to hold off on legal action until they are in place. It might be part of the long delays in pressing forward.
I thought that too and found it interesting that the bit about the new law led into the bit with Maguire talking.

Anyone know the real identity of that peado-sympathiser, Ronnie O’Connor? He’s clearly a placeman by hollicom, the amount of ‘whataboutery’ ive seen him doing recently is staggering.

He clearly can’t be that much of a sellik man - peado fc are playing and he’s on Twitter.
Haven't heard so much whataboutery since Michael Jackson released the earth song.

A starter is what that news report was hopefully, a club that covered up abuse and distances itself from accountability should be exposed. Sadly the football authorities have made their position clear is to not to punish the cover up.
And neither they should. The football authorities should look at the football. The media, the government, the police and the justice system should go after every single one of the scum who acted, facilitated or covered up in the biggest scandal going.
Just me or was Thompson hinting heavily about Jock Stein being involved in a there's more to come on this kind of way?
I was thinking the exact same thing! He mentioned him several times and even the camera was centred on his banner outside the stadium. There is no way that Thomo didn’t know that would be taken away from the program.

So,the SFA /Celtic appointed Martin Hendry to head an Investigation into child abuse within football in this country.That would be Hendry who couldn't work out that he had set up LGBT Youth in Scotland and worked alongside one of the worse paedophile's in Scotland.. Mr James Rennie!

Tbh, I don't think Channel 4 News have even scraped the surface of the Celtc Paedo Scandal that goes back decades. Kelly, Stein, Torbett, McGinn, etc, the links with the SFA / Trophy Centre, and a lot more. It is an utter cesspit of corruption.
Celtic got a kicking, more than I expected.
Ch4 news just cant go on theories and guesswork, something I think you'll agree a lot of us do on here.

If they were to have made up accusations without back up and facts, they would leave themselves open to libel. Not to mention it could jeopardise the claims that Thomson's solicitors are dealing with. Theres already been a post on here wondering if a deal has been made between the solicitors and lawell. That's just guesswork that helps no one.

So,the SFA /Celtic appointed Martin Hendry to head an Investigation into child abuse within football in this country.That would be Hendry who couldn't work out that he had set up LGBT Youth in Scotland and worked alongside one of the worse paedophile's in Scotland.. Mr James Rennie!

Nail on head

Hibs actually recommended Neely to us and said he was a great guy.

Correct, and a HIVs director (name escapes
me) actually admitted it on film on Daly's documentary, saying he was ashamed to admit to have done nothing about it.
Rangers should sue him and HIVs for gross misrepresentation.
Theres plenty of precedence for this, which is why most companies are nowadays loath to give references for former employees in case their new employer finds obvious %^*& ups in their character, performance, work rates, honesty, etc. that the old employer deliberately kept quiet about.

Celtic got a kicking, more than I expected.
Ch4 news just cant go on theories and guesswork, something I think you'll agree a lot of us do on here.

If they were to have made up accusations without back up and facts, they would leave themselves open to libel. Not to mention it could jeopardise the claims that Thomson's solicitors are dealing with. Theres already been a post on here wondering if a deal has been made between the solicitors and lawell. That's just guesswork that helps no one.

The links between Torbett, the Trophy Centre, and Peasant FC are well documented, mate.

In all seriousness it doesn't sit easy with me that this is used for point scoring over that mob.. I dont think it's anything to be shouting about tbh. No matter who is guilty of it .

In all seriousness it doesn't sit easy with me that this is used for point scoring over that mob.. I dont think it's anything to be shouting about tbh. No matter who is guilty of it .
Who is point scoring ?

This is about seeking justice for all the victims and making all concerned in harbouring paedophiles taken to task.

If you are that concerned, why not complain to the Justice Minister

Point scoring? Point scoring? WTF are you talking about?

This is about justice for victims who have been subjected to the vilest of crimes.

The point scoring counter is a disgraceful attempt to silence those who seek justice.

The enraging thing for Rangers fans is the sporting integrity issue. We were hammered for it. We were taken before a Judicial Commission, with no right of appeal, and the potential stripping of titles as a punishment.

Let the survivors get justice. Let the police and the courts deal with the offenses. Let the survivors get their apologies and compensation.

On the football side let Celtic get the same as Rangers - a Judicial Commission, with no right of appeal, and a potential stripping of titles as a punishment.

It's not point scoring it's asking for what all reasonable people want - justice for the survivors.

AND the same treatment as Rangers. They set the bench mark - the stripping of titles.

Last edited:

You are miles out here mate. Travesty that you would take from the work being done on the main thread on this subject that point scoring is the aim.

You have posters who have had direct positive feedback from victims for what they have done.

The internet, message boards and on here can be a swamp of tribal football crap.

Beyond a few who are quickly brought into line I'd say folks behaviour on this subject has been first rate.

Which is my long way of saying you need to go and take a look at yourself for posting shite like that.

Correct, and a HIVs director (name escapes
me) actually admitted it on film on Daly's documentary, saying he was ashamed to admit to have done nothing about it.
Rangers should sue him and HIVs for gross misrepresentation.
Theres plenty of precedence for this, which is why most companies are nowadays loath to give references for former employees in case their new employer finds obvious %^*& ups in their character, performance, work rates, honesty, etc. that the old employer deliberately kept quiet about.

Kenny Waugh was the Hibs chairman, who wanted to hide it to enable them to compete with the old firm for youngsters.

Tbh, I don't think Channel 4 News have even scraped the surface of the Celtc Paedo Scandal that goes back decades. Kelly, Stein, Torbett, McGinn, etc, the links with the SFA / Trophy Centre, and a lot more. It is an utter cesspit of corruption.

This pretty much nails it for me. Whilst it is great to see this get the exposure that the victims deserve there is so much more. I also don't think that anybody so fat has touched upon there being a ring at CBC/CFC. Having said that the cross border links might be just what is needed to blow this whole sordid affair wide open

Slightly disagree with you EoL.

They did know & acted to cover it up in my opinion mate.

1986 investigation where they claimed people’s claims were ‘scurrilous’ ?

McCann trying to get NDA’s we believe ?

Cairney in Kearney ?
No they said claims were scurrilous and would be dealt with in court .
In other words they threatened people and frightened them with legal action .
Well fast forward 2020 and they are being dealt with in court one buy one .
This time it is a David and Goliath prosecution and I take my hat off to every one of these brave men who have spoke up .
I wish I had their courage

The interesting part of tonight's report for me is that Thomsons represent over 30 victims. We have heard there is over 100, if this is the case I hope and prey the rest of the victims are with Digby Brown. I know from experience that these guys are the firm to be represented by. They are the very best, without question.

They also would never do their talking in the media, they do theirs at the Court of Session. They are super efficient and by far the best Solicitors of their type in Scotland.

I know from experience that anyone facing them would rather be facing other Solicitors. Which makes me hope and prey that they are representing some of the victims.

Without being derogatory to the other Solicitors these guys will get the victims justice and more importantly I know they will look after them after the Court Case finishes.

With all that said, no matter the Solicitor I pray that all the victims get justice and some sort of closure. My ex wife was a victim of Child Sexual Abuse and I know how this dispicable crime affects the rest of their lives.

In my opinion murder is more humane.

The interesting part of tonight's report for me is that Thomsons represent over 30 victims. We have heard there is over 100, if this is the case I hope and prey the rest of the victims are with Digby Brown. I know from experience that these guys are the firm to be represented by. They are the very best, without question.

They also would never do their talking in the media, they do theirs at the Court of Session. They are super efficient and by far the best Solicitors of their type in Scotland.

I know from experience that anyone facing them would rather be facing other Solicitors. Which makes me hope and prey that they are representing some of the victims.

Without being derogatory to the other Solicitors these guys will get the victims justice and more importantly I know they will look after them after the Court Case finishes.

With all that said, no matter the Solicitor I pray that all the victims get justice and some sort of closure. My ex wife was a victim of Child Sexual Abuse and I know how this dispicable crime affects the rest of their lives.

In my opinion murder is more humane.

Digby Brown have already had a successful case with them on this. Won the abused person a six figure sum.

Back