The Europa Cup draw - Rangers v Bayern Leverkeusen

Any tie against a German side in the later stages of European competition is tough. But if there’s a better place to visit and watch football than Germany I’ve yet to find it. Come what may, brace yourself Leverkusen, the Bears are coming!

They are not any better than Braga, way off the pace in Bundesleague. At this stage you have to be confident. Bring it on.
Bizarre comment mate. What table are you looking at? They are only 6 points off a world class Bayern Munich side and are on excellent form.

Istanbul Bakshakshir v Copenhagen
Olympiakos v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Rangers v Bayern Leverkeusen
Wolfsburg v Shaktar
Inter Milan v Getafe
Sevilla v Roma
Frankfurt or Salzburg v Basel
LASK Linz v Manchester United
I would have taken that before the draw

Tough and unglamorous, but none of us expected to be here in July. It’s winnable if the Rangers of Wednesday turns up.

I just don't find ties against German sides very interesting tbh, they're typically efficient sides would rather have got Man U or Wolves however, I've not seen us play any English team other than Man U in Europe (Too young to remember the Leeds tie).

Just a bit of fun :p

Istanbul Bakshakshir v Copenhagen
Olympiakos v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Rangers
v Bayern Leverkeusen
Wolfsburg v Shaktar
Inter Milan
v Getafe
Sevilla v Roma
Frankfurt or Salzburg v Basel
LASK Linz v Manchester United

>>>

Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Rangers v Istanbul Bakshakshir
Roma v Shaktar
Inter Milan
v Basel

>>>>

Shaktar v Inter Milan
Manchester United v Rangers

>>>>

Rangers v
Inter Milan

Still can’t wait for it now the atmosphere that night is going to be electric. We are the underdogs that suits us.

Hopefully I can get tickets from my Brother or Sister in law. He works for Bayer Leverkusen (The firm not the club) and they are able to get tickets. I will try and scrounge one from them. it will be in the Leverkusen end but hey, beggars cant be choosers.

We tend to do well against German teams.were in the last 16 so chances are you are going to get a very good side.so let’s embrace it and bring it on

Tough tie but not impossible imo. They don't seem to keep many clean sheets. Only 2 out of 9 games since the winter break.

Lokomotiv beat them away in the Champs League and Russian teams don't tend too travel well. If we play at our best, we've got a decent chance.

This will undoubtedly we a step up in class compared to anything else faced.

Will drawing a big German team mean more TV revenue?

Don't know much about Leverkusen, assume it will be our toughest test yet.

But we've been underdogs pretty much all the way through this tournament, and our players seem to be rising to the challenge when the pressure is off, so who knows.

Back