Kit Manufacturer 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM1872

Official Ticketer
Just wondering if anyone has any more information regarding this?

Seen them over the other side are about to sign mega new deal, hoping we can get a good one also

Thanks

- Admin Delete if already a thread.

Like a punch drunk boxer I continue to see thread titles such as this one and a faint glimmer appears somewhere in the recess of my mind that this could be “ it “ the news we have been waiting for ....... only to open the thread and find that nothing has changed and one of the biggest supported football clubs on the planet stagger along strangled by having no retail set up .

Soul destroying stuff .

Sadly this part of our club is a long way from being “normalised”.

Although we don’t know why the relationship with Hummel has clearly broken down and it’s almost certainly directly as a result of the on going SD saga.

We are caught by the short and curly’s and are toxic due to the Fat Slug, we’re going no where unfortunately, due till the Slime balls of our books.

Just wondering if anyone has any more information regarding this?

Seen them over the other side are about to sign mega new deal, hoping we can get a good one also

Thanks

- Admin Delete if already a thread.
With these kinds of threads, if there was news you would have seen a thread about it already. Since there isnt one, there ain't been any news.

Pity we couldn't get Nike. With their buying power, dominance, own shops and a dislike for the slug, it could be a way to bring the situation to a head. Whether they'd be willing to take up arms on our behalf, I doubt.

Whoever gives us the best deal and can provide the level of stock we require Shouldn’t be under any illusions of how much potential cash can be made in merchandise.

Expecting a sub-par no Mark again. Forget Nike or Adidas. I could see us back with Puma or some other garbage like Macron where we’ll have cheerleaders telling us that “we’re getting a great deal”.

But match what? Distribution rigjts?
It’s too complex to explain simply but the best way to put it is we are tied up in legal knots with the fat man and right now there is no sign of an end being in sight.
There is significant suspicion that Ashley is doing this to try to destroy Rangers as he hates the fact that he could not do to us what he did to Newcastle.
For 20/21 a court ordered that Rangers are not allowed to continue with the Hummel deal.
The argument that Hummel was a manufacturer and therefore different from Sports Direct as a distributor did not wash in the courts.
It also looks like the fat man has done some sort of deal with Elite. (Our previous distributor).
We are now in a position where we have to get a new manufacturer/supplier contract and then give the fat man a chance to match that.
If no one comes forward because of the legal issues, we may have a big problem.

Expecting a sub-par no Mark again. Forget Nike or Adidas. I could see us back with Puma or some other garbage like Macron where we’ll have cheerleaders telling us that “we’re getting a great deal”.

It's interesting how certain brands are perceived, you say garbage like Macron, yet they now supply all UEFA referee kit, probably a far bigger brand than realised.

Last edited:
you know what annoys me?

we currently have one of the most famous former footballers on the planet as our manager, a face recognisable globally, not quite Beckham level, but not far off.. and yet thanks to our terrible relationship with that fat wank, we cannot even hope to 'cash' in on that...

I suspect next season we may even be playing in plain blue shirts made by a company Rangers have to pay to make for us, enough for the playing squad, but nothing else...

do we even have a shirt sponsor next season?

its depressing stuff

you know what annoys me?

we currently have one of the most famous former footballers on the planet as our manager, a face recognisable globally, not quite Beckham level, but not far off.. and yet thanks to our terrible relationship with that fat wank, we cannot even hope to 'cash' in on that...

I suspect next season we may even be playing in plain blue shirts made by a company Rangers have to pay to make for us, enough for the playing squad, but nothing else...

do we even have a shirt sponsor next season?

its depressing stuff

The 32red deal runs until 2021

We wont be Puma as they are one of the few 'big' brands that work with Fat Man.

If we have any hope of getting rid of Ashley you would be looking at wanting a deal with one of the big two (Adidas or Nike) as they hate him already and he cant touch them as he needs them way more than they need him.

In Reality cant see us either of them unless Bisgrove pulls off a master stroke.

My money is on Macron.

They have done some pretty smart rugby kits over the years and I really liked the idea of using the templates they had for the warriors a few years ago and incorporating the Rangers tartan. I'm sure someone did a mock up of them on here.

vyp3s4bkq2fz.jpg

A blue, white and red versions of these with the RFC tartan and a black version for the Goalie kits would look very nice IMO.

My money is on Macron.

They have done some pretty smart rugby kits over the years and I really liked the idea of using the templates they had for the warriors a few years ago and incorporating the Rangers tartan. I'm sure someone did a mock up of them on here.

vyp3s4bkq2fz.jpg

A blue, white and red versions of these with the RFC tartan and a black version for the Goalie kits would look very nice IMO.
Same kit supplier of hibs what a rid neck that would be.

Not easy to explain quickly. You need to follow the SD threads closely to understand whats going on.

And even then you’ll struggle. The problem is that nobody at Ibrox believes in telling us what’s going on, despite their promises of openness.

Macron and Puma are way above what we will get. Best idea would be to do it in house if possibe - though i doubt it is.

Pity we couldn't get Nike. With their buying power, dominance, own shops and a dislike for the slug, it could be a way to bring the situation to a head. Whether they'd be willing to take up arms on our behalf, I doubt.

As good as that sounds, I highly doubt the upper echelons at Nike give a toss about our troubles with SD.

There are no favours or pity in the business world.

Could be because we keep embarking on contracts which seem to bar us from being honest with the fans. And sometimes it appears we may not be honest with suppliers.
Could be, more likely the legal reason with ongoing court cases. But you're right I'm sure the board get a buzz out of not telling us where would be best to buy our kits/ keeping us in the loop with ongoing boycotts etc.

As good as that sounds, I highly doubt the upper echelons at Nike give a toss about our troubles with SD.

There are no favours or pity in the business world.

Nike have been pulling out of smaller markets for some time now, they have also pretty much pulled out of South America as well, they are mainly focussing upon there 'Elite clubs' and International teams nowadays

I suspect we won't have a Nike strip for a long time, if ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back