Copa Libertadores 2020 - Final Live on IPlayer at 8pm Saturday

ES8ANTfXQA0MHfE

I grew up listening to my Dad raving about him.

Colombia is where he learned to be the player that would dominate Europe with Real Madrid.

Initially, he had been a winger who became a fast, technical striker with River Plate. Similar to Thierry Henry. Then when he move to Colombia he played alongside the great Adolfo Pedernera (El Maestro). Pedernera helped evolve Di Stefano's game where he would eventually become a playmaker who would pick the ball up from the defence, make the play then be in the box to finish the move off.

In Argentina he is held alongside Maradona and Messi as part of the trident at the top of the game.

This is an article I have postd previously about the creation of the Colombian league. Very interesting in itself, but Di Stefano and Pedernera are discussed. In case you missed it.

Colombia is where he learned to be the player that would dominate Europe with Real Madrid.

Initially, he had been a winger who became a fast, technical striker with River Plate. Similar to Thierry Henry. Then when he move to Colombia he played alongside the great Adolfo Pedernera (El Maestro). Pedernera helped evolve Di Stefano's game where he would eventually become a playmaker who would pick the ball up from the defence, make the play then be in the box to finish the move off.

In Argentina he is held alongside Maradona and Messi as part of the trident at the top of the game.

This is an article I have postd previously about the creation of the Colombian league. Very interesting in itself, but Di Stefano and Pedernera are discussed. In case you missed it.

Thanks for the article on Columbian football I will give it read tommorow but I had never heard
of Pedernera he seems to have been a class act.
Incidentally I was in Beunos Aires last year and Deportes Tolima where staying in the same hotel
as me and the Mrs prior to their group match against Boca Juniors , anyway you could not meet
a nicer group of players and fans and I have now adopted them as my Columbian team .
We watched the game in our hotel , they got beat 3 nil.

Thanks for the article on Columbian football I will give it read tommorow but I had never heard
of Pedernera he seems to have been a class act.
Incidentally I was in Beunos Aires last year and Deportes Tolima where staying in the same hotel
as me and the Mrs prior to their group match against Boca Juniors , anyway you could not meet
a nicer group of players and fans and I have now adopted them as my Columbian team .
We watched the game in our hotel , they got beat 3 nil.

Great to hear that about the Tolima players/fans.

They got a tough draw in the qualification for this year's Libertadores, losing to Internacional.

Back