Are we as a club financially equipped to deal with this crisis?

Slybacon

How are we equipped to deal with this crisis? Every club and in fact every business is going to be hit horrendously hard. Every one of our shareholders has money tied up in stock markets that are plummeting and will only continue to fall. They, like Murray could soon be put in a position to prioritise business / assets over the football club. Even the new investor that was live 2 weeks ago will probably have other priorities.
Hell, we all have new priorities. Every person alive is faced with a new life going forward. This is going to affect us all for a very long time.
We have been chasing the league (as we should have been because no-one could legislate for this) but for being a club happy to overspend to chase it have we again need just a little bit reckless with cash?
So how are we financially?
I know we have no current debt but we did need a cash injection a few weeks ago to last is to the end of the season.
Do we still need this?
If so are we likely to receive it?

Every club is in the same boat will be a struggle even some EPL teams will be in bother if the EPL don't pay out prize money

I posted this earlier on the thread re Hearts requesting staff take wage cut:

There will be many clubs in a position of considering not if, but when, they are going to request that there staff take a wage cut. That may well include our own.

Our model has been to overspend to become competitive, already King around AGM predicted a requirement of additional £10m this season. I would expect this would be reduced, hopefully considerably, by Europa League progress.

The potential loss of final 4 home fixtures is not a great deal as the loss of relatively few match day ticket sales would likely be saved in policing, security costs etc by not staging the games.

My bigger concern is not for the remains of this season but for next. At this stage I would say if next season can start by September, with spectators, that would be a result.

Until we know, it will be difficult to sell season tickets in any great volume and that's before you consider the situation of individuals.

We have a large wage bill and for beyond the season we model for season ticket monies coming in.

I believe we will survive this as a club, we went through an horrendous experience recently. Scottish football will be turned upside down though like no-one knows.

I think we will struggle like the rest of the clubs we don’t have bags of spare cash. But we are all in the same boat fans and club hopefully we can weather the storm.

If that goes ahead now I would imagine share price will have taken a big tumble. Would be great if it dose tho.
Absolutely nothing to think it wouldn’t. It’s not an investment from someone wanting the money back. He’s a supporter that just wants to help the club

Absolutely nothing to think it wouldn’t. It’s not an investment from someone wanting the money back. He’s a supporter that just wants to help the club
But will king want to part with a larger bit of the pie. There must also be something in it For him also.

I think we will manage the situation but will have to cut back.
The club overheads need to be paid. In my view, all players will be allowed to leave as their contracts come to an end. The loan players go back to their club and all non vital staff contracts terminated.
The council may give us a rates holiday but certain staff and insurances will have to be paid.
I think this will still amount to a few millons.
If season ticket money comes in, which will be reduced, we should survive until play can resume.
I have no doubt that plans are in place, being put in place, for a complete meltdown.
The only sticking point, in my opinion, is players being paid squillions for sitting at home. I’m sure they will be asked to defer money owed to them at some point.
It may already be happening.
Not happy days.

I hate to piss on everyone's parade but I think the vast majority of our "wonderful support" don't care. We allowed our club to be liquidated and some of us can't quite forgive those who never bought season tickets in the "banter" years.

I think well be fine, also can see the planned investment being in doubt. Stock markets are tanking and a lot of companies will go to the wall. Were just at the beginning of this fckn disaster and can see it going for another 6 months. Gonna be survival of the fittest not only for people but clubs and companies alike.

No, we are not financially equipped to deal with this crisis - how on earth could we be? We are running at multi million pound losses even with European football. Directors putting their own money in has been needed to keep the club going at the current level even before the coronavirus.

It's the elephant in the room that everybody on here cannot see, or are pretending to ignore while they wank over the prospect of other Scottish teams going bust.

I think we will manage the situation but will have to cut back.
The club overheads need to be paid. In my view, all players will be allowed to leave as their contracts come to an end. The loan players go back to their club and all non vital staff contracts terminated.
The council may give us a rates holiday but certain staff and insurances will have to be paid.
I think this will still amount to a few millons.
If season ticket money comes in, which will be reduced, we should survive until play can resume.
I have no doubt that plans are in place, being put in place, for a complete meltdown.
The only sticking point, in my opinion, is players being paid squillions for sitting at home. I’m sure they will be asked to defer money owed to them at some point.
It may already be happening.

Not happy days.
Have we not already received a good eighty percent, maybe nearer ninety, of our matchday income already?
Is our only actual matchday earnings not just the non ST holder plus what fans buy on the day?

I hate to piss on everyone's parade but I think the vast majority of our "wonderful support" don't care. We allowed our club to be liquidated and some of us can't quite forgive those who never bought season tickets in the "banter" years.

Nobody truly knows is the only honest answer. Could be 3 months or it could be 18 months before we get back to some sort of normality.

Not saying you’re wrong but it’s a fairly big assumption to make given we know basically nothing about the deal or potential deal as it stands.

We don’t know if it’s personal money or money from one of the businesses that he overseas.

One things for sure, very few people invest money in a business without expecting something in return.

Let's be honest, we've survived worse.

If your talking 2012, it may have been worse but running costs were around £1.5m/ month, with a guarantee of season ticket money about to come in.

Now they will be around £4m/month but when and how much season ticket can be collected is in question.

This is not just a problem affecting other clubs, I seriously think that many of our support underestimate the gravity of this situation.

Another worry is the SPFL itself. It’s alright Rangers weathering the storm, but how will the league itself fare?

I'd happily pay my season ticket for next season right now, and imagine others would too, if it was guaranteed to carry the club through this crisis.
I appreciate that not every fan is in a position to do so but those than can, probably would. The resilience of Rangers fans is phenomenal.

How are we equipped to deal with this crisis? Every club and in fact every business is going to be hit horrendously hard. Every one of our shareholders has money tied up in stock markets that are plummeting and will only continue to fall. They, like Murray could soon be put in a position to prioritise business / assets over the football club. Even the new investor that was live 2 weeks ago will probably have other priorities.
Hell, we all have new priorities. Every person alive is faced with a new life going forward. This is going to affect us all for a very long time.
We have been chasing the league (as we should have been because no-one could legislate for this) but for being a club happy to overspend to chase it have we again need just a little bit reckless with cash?
So how are we financially?
I know we have no current debt but we did need a cash injection a few weeks ago to last is to the end of the season.
Do we still need this?
If so are we likely to receive it?
No we are not
No club is

I understand the OP’s concerns & I’m worried too but I think we’ve made the majority of our money from Europe this season which was great.

I would be very concerned if no football was being played come August though & the more season tickets we sell the better for the Club whenever next season kicks off.

I think things will be very tight at the Club regard budget for players & thankfully a few contracts are up which don’t need renewed.

If the season is void then i believe( in only my opinion)that season ticket holders should not be looking to reclaim money for the missed matches
I'd hope they wouldn't ask for any kind of refund. Some might want a % back, not to be cnts but because they need it for their families.

If your talking 2012, it may have been worse but running costs were around £1.5m/ month, with a guarantee of season ticket money about to come in.

Now they will be around £4m/month but when and how much season ticket can be collected is in question.

This is not just a problem affecting other clubs, I seriously think that many of our support underestimate the gravity of this situation.
This is my main concern. It's great to laugh at others who hate us but are we prepared for this going forward?
I enjoy the Tim's share price plummet but are Dave King and the 3 bears going to re-emerge from this crisis with the same passion to save/re-invigorate the club as they have during the good times. This is a global issue. Almost every single person in the world will see an effect of this.

Back