Link to pause Sky Sports and watch for free

It seems to be paused for 2/3 months. My future bills show the amount back to normal in 2 bills time (with my Sky Sports discount back on)

Been trying since yesterday morning on the website but it just keeps spinning on the page to lead up.

Came on to this thread and saw you could do it via the Sky app. Hadn’t thought about it. Literally a couple of clicks later and it’s paused!

The app is much better

Been trying since yesterday morning on the website but it just keeps spinning on the page to lead up.

Came on to this thread and saw you could do it via the Sky app. Hadn’t thought about it. Literally a couple of clicks later and it’s paused!

The app is much better
I can’t get the web link to work and can’t see a link on the app, where about is it?

I still don’t see it, guess it isn’t an option for me and that might be why I can’t get the web link to work

Was finally able to get Sky sports paused last night.

Has anyone actually called up BT to see what they're doing yet?

Thanks OP, price dropped for next month. Small increase the following month but still decent saving.

Anticipated to be back to normal in 2 months time

Cheers OP. Fair play to Sky, but maybe should have been automatic if you have sky sports? Now on to BT.

Btw, with sky I didn’t receive a confirmation order email, but future bills are amended.

Ludicrous waiting times phoning BT.... whats the worst that can happen if I just cancel the DD with my bank?

Done the Sky pause, great offer from them to do that but still get the channels

BT are making it difficult aren’t they might just cancel them via the direct debit

Done the Sky pause, great offer from them to do that but still get the channels

BT are making it difficult aren’t they might just cancel them via the direct debit

That's what I'm thinking...been on hold for 35 minutes. I've just hung up as I can't sit here waiting all day.

I'm not sure what will happen if I just cancel the DD....but I'm thinking it's cheaper to get it through Sky Sports than direct from BT Now anyway...So i'll do that when life gets back to normal and won't have to deal with BT again.

That's what I'm thinking...been on hold for 35 minutes. I've just hung up as I can't sit here waiting all day.

I'm not sure what will happen if I just cancel the DD....but I'm thinking it's cheaper to get it through Sky Sports than direct from BT Now anyway...So i'll do that when life gets back to normal and won't have to deal with BT again.
Yep exactly

I’ve just checked my future bills and they’ve slapped 2x£60 cancellation charges on my April bill, despite the agent assuring me there would definitely be no penalty for cancelling Sky Sports and Cinema which I had on a combined deal. I also double checked several times and asked him to tell me the bill for next month - which should be £34 less.

Might have been automatically added but will be calling them later. Don’t need this hassle.

I’ve just checked my future bills and they’ve slapped 2x£60 cancellation charges on my April bill, despite the agent assuring me there would definitely be no penalty for cancelling Sky Sports and Cinema which I had on a combined deal. I also double checked several times and asked him to tell me the bill for next month - which should be £34 less.

Might have been automatically added but will be calling them later. Don’t need this hassle.

I've had similar experiences in the past. Just keep phoning until you find a sensible person and they will sort it for you.

I've had similar experiences in the past. Just keep phoning until you find a sensible person and they will sort it for you.
I just called them and they apologised for the error and said it should definitely not have happened. Assured me it will be rectified within 24-48 hours. Watch this space.

genuinely can’t see anywhere on app that allows you to do this

My Sky App .... white background and multicolour Sky and a star

Interestingly my son said he tried it too and also could not see the option.

I signed in on mine using his details and all sorted now for him too.

Weird!

If anyone is having problems with the spinning blue cirlce, change your browser.

I've been trying with Chrome the last couple of days without success, assuming it was just busy. However tried it using Opera browser and done it in 2 minutes.

Will this affect any offer price you have on the sports or is it a case of cancelling when it returns if they try and increase?

Will this affect any offer price you have on the sports or is it a case of cancelling when it returns if they try and increase?
They will deduct the cost of Sky Sports for the next month and half or so from your bills. When the freeze is lifted, pricing reverts to whatever you were paying pre-freeze. You will be able to verify this as your current and future bills can be viewed both on line and via your set top box

They will deduct the cost of Sky Sports for the next month and half or so from your bills. When the freeze is lifted, pricing reverts to whatever you were paying pre-freeze. You will be able to verify this as your current and future bills can be viewed both on line and via your set top box
Not necessarily, I had a 60% discount that has. Been cancelled by pausing sky sports,

Not necessarily, I had a 60% discount that has. Been cancelled by pausing sky sports,
I don’t think that should have happened and I’d be inclined to ring them and ask what’s going on.

I first called them before the freeze was announced asking to cancel Sky Sports. The guy slashed my bill on condition I lock into an 18 month term.

I’ve now freezed Sky Sports and post-freeze the discount is still there

Are virgin media going to do the same?

Are they hell. :mad:

Phoned up Saturday and had to take out a new 12 month contract without sky sports, to cancel the S/S package I was on.

I'm waiting to see what happens when things are up and running again, before I tell them to shove it.

I have been trying since Friday to pause sky sports and just got the blue revolving circle until I gave up, so tried again tonight and got through almost instantly and paused the sports channels. I then checked my future bills and sports is free for the next one and a half months, then back up to the previous price for the next month.

Has anyone had any joy with Virgin Media yet? 3 times I've tried to phone this morning only to be cut off from hold after 30 odd minutes! No joy online - just tells me to call

Tried on live chat today, told to call the number, rang the number said the call centres were closed

Are people still having problems with the pause button ? , been trying for a while but keep getting the error coming up

If you log into your sky account and select offers and upgrades, there is an option to pause sky sports there. This is where I did it after trying for 4 days of trying with the link on this page.

Back