Season Ticket Money 2020 / 2021

At the moment, I think the vast majority of our support are more interested on the next mortgage payment and where that's coming from. I'm off work now until the week beginning 28th April and will address our season tickets when the time comes, but paying up front, is looking very unlikely now.
I personally think the days of mass season ticket sales are gone for a few years , people will choose to attend when they can afford it . This I suppose gives constant income during the season .

Meaning we are in the same boat

Thought there might have been another quote or something I was missing.
Be interesting to see what happens with the current season in limbo as it stands.

The club looks to be in a fortunate position with the incoming investment also, a lot of other teams will be looking at that in envy but I imagine that's intention was not to cover anything in the immediate short term.

Until any confirmation, anyone that can be doing anything to help the club should be.

The club should introduce a new 2 payment option, to go along with the existing 4 and 10 payment options.

My season ticket this year was over £700 so to pay that in a one off payment for me might just be stretching it a bit. I could however pay half up front and the other half the following month.

The one positive from the clubs perspective (not my own!), is that it looks like nobody is going on holiday this year and therefore have one less expenditure to worry about which may help season ticket numbers.

Everyone is in a different situation though and a lot of folk (self employed for instance) aren't getting the income they usually do.

It's a tricky situation with all the uncertainty over absolutely everything.

As things stand theres no chance i can renew as i'm self employed. Only hope for me is the club come up with some ideas to help us out, maybe extended payments deadlines or different payment options .

These are not normal times and clubs everywhere will be in a similar situation. I wonder if players will be asked to renegotiate contracts. Whether that means reducing the weekly amount but lengthening the contract or such like, to reduce running costs. The players, unions and agents will have to be very careful how they go here because players could easily become pariahs if they are seen to be demanding their grotesque salaries when everyone around them is struggling.

Difficult
Id pay today if I could
But ive no idea when im getting another wage.
Self employed

My point is that your ST can be seen a luxury, The Government is making sure you or your family don't starve

For a lot of people, a season ticket is seen as a luxury at the best of times, but as ever we'll do our best to support our club. Next season will be no different, as and when it starts. Just different people sitting next to you, in certain cases, sadly. The government is making sure we don't stave, correct and if supporters can buy their S/T outright, our club will be more than appreciative, but this virus is here for a wee while yet and luxuries will be at a minimum for many, myself and family including.

I personally think the days of mass season ticket sales are gone for a few years , people will choose to attend when they can afford it . This I suppose gives constant income during the season .

I certainly don't think we'll have anywhere near the number of season ticket holders next season as we did this. Just my personal opinion and I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but as has been said, difficult times are a head, not just for us individually but for our club also.

Anyway, stay safe out there and hopefully we'll get back to some normality soon.

My ST money for me and my boy for next season is in my bank ready to go i save up all year for next seasons so hopefully we will know soon when we will get the go ahead for football to start

Looking at the various threads regarding ST for next season and the financial shortfall the Club will undoubtedly face.
The European run will have helped in a big way but we as a Club have large overheads and I think we, as fans will be the usual suspects that will need to dig deep.
I think it would be a massive help if we could pay the Club Direct rather than, for instance, Credit Card.
Before anyone has a go at me, we as a family know how much a hardship it is at the moment, and that everyone has a family to look after first and foremost.
All I'm saying that those in our fanbase, if possible, should try and pay upfront.
If that is not possible, then it is not possible. I agree the players should have offered a 20% pay cut, but that is another debate, players come and go but we are forever.
Not wanting an argument about this, it is just my opinion.

paying for a product which looks like at least 6 to 8 months at very least away from starting if indeed it does
I’m not too sure how the club are going to punt this one considering folk will already have same situation with booked holidays

Until I know about how secure my job is there is no way I could pay up front and to be honest if I was made redundant I’m not sure I could justify renewing at all.

It would show great solidarity if tavernier got the players together and said ok 20% pay cut for 3 months , that’s easily affordable to the players .

In tandem we the fans step up and buy our season tickets early so that the club have it up front . Let’s hope something can be ironed out .

we won’t play our hand first before the Tim’s due to the slaughtering we would get and sadly that’s a fact with us and them

I'm makin sure I get mine coz I like sittin wi the folk around me and not some wahoos and loud arseholes that gie our players unsavoury pelters.

Yeah, we can moan and most of us do but slaying into our players is not the right way of goin about it.

I am certain that the bears & bearettes beside me will be there 20/21.

Full payment by credit card will give the club the money within 3 days less the transaction fee retailers pay..

I'm not asking for Credit facilities, I am asking ST who are in a position to pay cash upfront to do so.
I have never even given it a thought to ask for a refund, my attitude is that it is paid for and as such, I am not losing anything

I can pay up front but as I said on another thread, I will not renew until the players do their bit. By that I mean a wage reduction.

We are in this together.

Tbh as things stand the club owe 46,500 ST holders money for games that haven’t been played so they may not be in such a rush to punt out next seasons ST

I think in the renewal promotion they’ll have to state that they intend to give fans the first couple of EL qualifiers for free in order to make up for the missed home games this season. I think that’s a fair compromise

If they intend to charge fully for EL qualifiers and don’t give the fans anything back then I foresee a fair number of angry ST holders and it would be justified tbh

This season has been my 1st with a ST which I paid for via my credit card. I did not appreciate that payments to the Club are then staggered however, going forward I can & will be paying by debit card to ensure the Club has my money quicker.
One does appreciate the many differing financial positions & pressures that will be experienced by fellow Bears over the unique period we are living through.
Payment with a credit card is only a maximum of 3 days delay for full payment to the club less the transaction fee. (Rangers charge extra to cover fee).
Credit card companies have no right withhold payment in full.

Tbh as things stand the club owe 46,500 ST holders money for games that haven’t been played so they may not be in such a rush to punt out next seasons ST

I think in the renewal promotion they’ll have to state that they intend to give fans the first couple of EL qualifiers for free in order to make up for the missed home games this season. I think that’s a fair compromise

If they intend to charge fully for EL qualifiers and don’t give the fans anything back then I foresee a fair number of angry ST holders and it would be justified tbh
You think anyone will ask for a refund or owed games??
Not a chance

I can pay up front but as I said on another thread, I will not renew until the players do their bit. By that I mean a wage reduction.

We are in this together.
I get where you are coming from, but if players don't take a pay cut ( which they should ), Will, you renew next season?

Payment with a credit card is only a maximum of 3 days delay for full payment to the club less the transaction fee. (Rangers charge extra to cover fee).
Credit card companies have no right withhold payment in full.
Maybe I am getting mixed up with another sort of payment, Anyone know?

Got bigger worries than next seasons book. The players need to take a pay cut.

I’ll pay cash upfront as soon as they ask for it, I’m in a fortunate position currently but people must put their family first. For the first time I can remember I don’t really care about football. But the club is my family and I’ll do what I am able.
I am the same mate. I am lucky that I am in the position to buy my seat, when I am asked to do so, I will

Following on from the Ashley thread.

I signed up to automatically renew my season ticket on last year’s form - will Rangers go in and take payment in full given the current circumstances.

Some supporters may not now have funds available to renew.

I think one of the biggest factors in the equation will be job security.

Too many people don't know what the future holds regarding their own personal employment, and many in sectors like fast food, hospitality, retail, travel, tourism, airlines, etc will see a huge impact on what existed before.

In light of that, purse-strings will be being tightened and those 'luxury' items like holidays, nights out and season tickets for the football will definitely be further down the priorities list - if not off it altogether ?

I'm in the situation where I simply can't afford the outlay.

Last couple of years I have paid up front but got cash to do so from credit union,I will be paying upfront along with my girlfriend as we will just pool money we would have spent on hotels flights etc on what should have been remaining games so am lucky we can do that others won’t and wouldn’t be surprised if there was a fall in renewals inderstandly

as for refund on remaining games rangers are welcome to it

The “Board” have a major decision to make for next season. Apart from season tickets and European match tickets and payouts they have to consider the fans financial position after this pandemic! family’s needs a holiday, more so after the stress and strain. I would concede the “Club” need the money but not this year for a increase. Show some respect to the fans for their loyalty!!!

I could pay up front for mine if I had to.
But in this current situation there are plenty of fans whose last thought is renewing their ticket.

And pay for what and when? Don't know when or if it will start up again,if this season will finish, or when the new one will start.

And if they decide to make the tramps champs and our Board don't fight it very strongly I don't think I will renew anyway,tainted title or not.

Season not completed yet and you could debate the club 'owe' ST holders for the home games not completed. No idea when the next season starts, most likely a price hike, and folk are being encouraged to pay upfront?

:D

Yep it's a good question given the lack of recurring income for the club and the likely consequences which don't bare thinking about.
If you have the means to do so pay up front but with huge ifs and buts.
Forward planning is nigh on impossible at present when you don't know when/if the season's going to finish and restart.
In addition to that the threat of Sky and BT suing the leagues for unplayed games and it's a clusterfeck.

I’m self employed and still working - but for how long?
My two club deck season tickets will be given up as I’m hand to mouth with no guarantee of work.

Another day another lets see who the staunchest is thread. Could you not have added to one of the pay your ST money early threads we've been having every day since last week?

And for what its worth, theres other priorities to worry about at the moment than a millionaire getting his over infalted wages on time.

Last edited:
Back