Tims renewals are out

The Blue Sea

Official Ticketer
Company I work for has seats at Ibrox and Piggery and I get sent all the renewals - Tims one dropped through yesterday with a begging letter basically

Aren’t we the ones who are supposed to be skint ??

“Please be assured that despite the ongoing global pandemic and the tens of thousands of lives being lost around the world, we will continue to use our contacts within the Scottish media and SPFL to ensure that sporting integrity prevails and Celtic fc are gifted this seasons title despite not earning it.”

Tucked away in an article about the Dhims in the Record yesterday:

In order to keep income ticking over season tickets for 2020/21 were recently put on early sale but it’s understood, after a strong start, the numbers have been drying up as the current Covid-19 crisis deepens.

In fairness, you're in a decent position if you can afford to commit £600 or so, even over 9 months, with the current uncertainty hanging over the world.

I won't be signing up for shit until i know i can cover my own bills.

I thought they were 'cash rich.' No one knows what the next league will be like so how can you sell tickets for it? Unless they have had a nudge and a wink.

This might not be popular. But their board had the foresight to see the pandemic becoming a real issue and tried to get as much cash in the door as early as possible. A lot of people will rightly see this as mugging their less intelligent fans off before the shit hits the fan with the pandemic. Others might think its good business practice

So this is that mob officially and finally accepting that this season is over and can't be completed ? Null and void it is then.

In fairness, you're in a decent position if you can afford to commit £600 or so, even over 9 months, with the current uncertainty hanging over the world.

I won't be signing up for shit until i know i can cover my own bills.
Same goes for me mate, it breaks my heart too because I’ve had the same seat for 23 years now since I was still at school, the 9IAR season was my first, but ultimately family must come first, being self employed I am also in limbo a bit right now

This might not be popular. But their board had the foresight to see the pandemic becoming a real issue and tried to get as much cash in the door as early as possible. A lot of people will rightly see this as mugging their less intelligent fans off before the shit hits the fan with the pandemic. Others might think its good business practice
The Mike Ashleys of this world will be proud of your sentiment, this is the club that are the self-styled saviours of the people. Social justice is paramount to them, they are cash-rich with millions in the bank, aren't they?
Surely a club like this would put everything on hold as long as possible before grasping for funds?

Tim in work had his renewal notice in before the league even stopped. It's what they do every year apparently. They do not take cash until May. He was grumping as payment would be taken before season finished.
Not quite Ashley behaviour :rolleyes:

The Mike Ashleys of this world will be proud of your sentiment, this is the club that are the self-styled saviours of the people. Social justice is paramount to them, they are cash-rich with millions in the bank, aren't they?
Surely a club like this would put everything on hold as long as possible before grasping for funds?

But they aren't. They just fool their hoards into thinking they are with gestures and the compliant media. Their wage bill is massive and they need to service it without knowing when they'll be back playing football. Like it or not they're ahead of the curve on us here again - by hook or crook. If our renewals come out next month, how many of us can commit to it?

I think that we will issue them as well i do believe that maybe there should be some tbc prices etc and maybe an extended time line for renewals due to uncertainty

But they aren't. They just fool their hoards into thinking they are with gestures and the compliant media. Their wage bill is massive and they need to service it without knowing when they'll be back playing football. Like it or not they're ahead of the curve on us here again - by hook or crook. If our renewals come out next month, how many of us can commit to it?

It might be the case that their renewal notices are out or might have been out for some time. However the issue of renewal notices and receipt of funds by a deadline date might be a different matter. Without knowing renewal dates it is difficult to say they have gathered in huge sums of money. There may also be a number of renewals on monthly terms that would be cancelled. I don’t see how it can be said they are ahead of the curve on the information available.

Their wage bill has largely been dependent on CL football which they have not had and this might be a reality check for them.

.....or selling a player.

They've still made a profit in each of the last 2 years, despite crashing out the UCL qualifiers. Down to selling Dembele & Tierney. Chances are Edouard will be long gone this summer too,but they'll get cash for him.

Any prophecies of them being in a possible cash flow crisis are pretty fanciful to be honest.

It could be both.

I think that we will issue them as well i do believe that maybe there should be some tbc prices etc and maybe an extended time line for renewals due to uncertainty

I think we have to get as much money in the door as possible - however unpopular that is.
The lack of guidance on ending the season means
It might be the case that their renewal notices are out or might have been out for some time. However the issue of renewal notices and receipt of funds by a deadline date might be a different matter. Without knowing renewal dates it is difficult to say they have gathered in huge sums of money. There may also be a number of renewals on monthly terms that would be cancelled. I don’t see how it can be said they are ahead of the curve on the information available.

Fair point. I do still think they’re ahead of the game though. Even if the option is there to cancel how many will go ahead and do it. A large number of their deranged support will see it as guaranteeing their place for 10 in a row (it won’t be). Regardless their board has been pro active in trying secure funds.

Clubs putting season tickets out after there were already rumours of a lengthy shutdown might just see that one come back and bite them in the arse.

Dear Supporters

As you all know this season will be declared void... please renew.

Ps Our investigation into the mass child abuse and cover up continues

Nobody knows what will happen in the coming months regarding football. All we know is this pandemic will last for months and months maybe the rest of the year.

Nobody knows what will happen in the coming months regarding football. All we know is this pandemic will last for months and months maybe the rest of the year.
Thats the problem for everyone there are going to be casualties along the way the league might look very different when it resumes

.....or selling a player.

They've still made a profit in each of the last 2 years, despite crashing out the UCL qualifiers. Down to selling Dembele & Tierney. Chances are Edouard will be long gone this summer too,but they'll get cash for him.

Any prophecies of them being in a possible cash flow crisis are pretty fanciful to be honest.
All depends if the transfer market opens and if teams are willing to spend what they were before this pandemic happened

They’ve been able to renew for months now.

I’m not sure how you work out that we’re not struggling through another clubs actions.
I don't think the OP is saying we are not struggling. He is highlighting that the bestest bestest club on the planet who bleat about being so cash rich have sent out begging letters desperate for money.

Not that we would read that in the papers. No nothing to see here.

Liars from cradle to grave.

Their wage bill and the way they are always looking to sell their better players makes me think they are not as well off as we are lead to believe.
No CL money, and they are having to sell one of their best assets.
It’s an annual event.

I'm genuinly worried about not being able to renew mine.

A lot will depend on tonight's statement on the self employed.

Would be proper gutted if I had to give it up.

Back