Leeds wage deferral

Great gesture from Leeds playing their part, looking after their own in a time of need & showing concern for their staff. I am sure welcomed by everyone, not just on the non playing payroll

But these places were servicing a need before. So, in time, they will rise again.

Donno mate. Loads of pubs were on the brink before the virus. Likewise restaurants.
Some shops might not open again. This is a crisis like nothing iv ever seen and I'm 63. I remember the horror of the 3 day week but the economy in those days was not based on the service industry.

Donno mate. Loads of pubs were on the brink before the virus. Likewise restaurants.
Some shops might not open again. This is a crisis like nothing iv ever seen and I'm 63. I remember the horror of the 3 day week but the economy in those days was not based on the service industry.

I know the British pub is seen as a great thing we have. But a part of me can’t help but think, would it be the worst thing in the world if it was scaled right back? (Forgetting the job losses that is)

a poster said he had been in a and e one night recently and it was dead. No queues of drunken arseholes waiting to get patched up etc.

there will be a lot less violence on the streets.

maybe hopeful thinking but maybe this could be a catalyst for a slightly more healthy attitude to alcohol.

either that, or when pubs are allowed open again it will be 10x worse.

Back