Anyone have a link to the 1872 v 1873 argument ?

Bordersbear

Official Ticketer
There must have been a thread on this at some point. Not wanting to reinstigate new arguments just interested in seeing the points of view.

There isn’t much to say founded 1872 but not registered with SFA until 1873 as their rules were a club has to be in existence for a year before they could register as members.
its that simple

John Allan published a book in 1923 about our first 50 years and used 1873 for the books purposes. That caused much of the confusion

I'm maybe wrong - I'm already doubting my memory on this -
But wasn't there an issue after checking the records- with the conclusion being - there couldn't be two August's in one year ?

The SFA weren’t founded until 1873, is that where the confusion comes from? How can there be a football club with no football organisation?

I have a Centenary mirror, given to me by my Granda. He has one too, on it it says 1873.

It was only a few weeks back he learned it was wrong.

I am a collector of Rangers badges, some being 1872 others 1873. should maybe not have titled the thread as an argument and more of a discussion . I found a thread on RM and was wondering if there had been a similar one on FF.

Back