Clap for NHS Heroes

Is it a one off or is it each night at 8 ? I’ll be honest I didn’t know it was happening and completely freaked out when I heard the noise building up in my street and what sounded like bells ringing etc . Feel emotional now that I know what it was .
Think it’s a one off , the wife works for nhs gartnavel hospital, she works in the beatsoncancer unit , absolute hero .

Last edited:
I generally don't like stuff like this but I followed the rest of the family in going outside to applaud and, although far from unanimous in our area, there were enough people doing it near and far that I felt marginally better about the human race than I did before.

That can't be a bad thing?

I'm not a doctor or a nurse but I do work every day on an acute hospital ward, where Covid-19 is setting in, and continue to do this because it's my duty.

It's pretty tough going just now and it's only just the start. Without going into detail, today was the day things got real but I can promise you all we won 't let you down.

Some of the gestures we have seen even locally from the public before tonight have been very inspiring. Your support keeps our morale up and we genuinely do need it. Thank you.

I'm not a doctor or a nurse but I do work every day on an acute hospital ward, where Covid-19 is setting in, and continue to do this because it's my duty.

It's pretty tough going just now and it's only just the start. Without going into detail, today was the day things got real but I can promise you all we won 't let you down.

Some of the gestures we have seen even locally from the public before tonight have been very inspiring. Your support keeps our morale up and we genuinely do need it. Thank you.
The food and cards our station has had delivered has been incredible.

Put it better than i could mate, ive been playing it down saying it's just our job because i feel very awkward receiving it. Truth be told, watching videos, its quite emotional seeing the support.

Thanks to all who showed their support, its truly appreciated.

Renting a hoose in Coatbridge after having to leave my campsite in a hurry, lots of respect shown here.

I'm starting a week shift tomorrow caring for an old couple with many health issues. Praying I can keep them safe. Stay safe everyone.

I genuinely feel like an asshole as never knew about it till about 9 this evening but after spending most of the day at Edinburgh sick kids with my daughter I made sure to tell all the doctors that we were speaking to how much they are appreciated for everything they do and not just now but constantly are, much respect due to all staff out there

To put a downer on it, Cumnock Juniors have offered any NHS worker a free season ticket for next season - as if the poor buggers hadn't gone through enough :D
In all seriousness, it's a fantastic gesture by any club, especially a junior one which won't have had any income for weeks and could be July/August before they get any more, so cap doffed :)

Truly emotional to join in and hear the applause echoing around the surrounding area. Swear someone was chopping up a massive pile of onions nearby.

Ultimate respect for everyone in the front line helping to protect and heal those touched by this terrible virus

Back