Totally weird things that have happened at the football

Think it was against Aberdeen at Ibrox a few years back, one of our fans took the ball when it went into the stand behind the goal and ran down the exit with it and didn't return. No one had a clue what was going on.

It was, last home game of the 2016/17 season I think. Midweek game and beat 1-2.

Last season, Shagger getting sent off against Hibs and Ross McCrorie going in goals - making his Rangers goalkeeping debut before his twin brother who is actually a goalie. :))

First I’ve heard this, I need to hear more.
It was written somewhere that a ghost of a dog could be seen running around the old terraces , it may have been the groundsmans dog (going back years).

A few posters claimed that they had seen the dog running around the terraces years ago and nobody else saw it but they remembered it being strange at the time .

Another more funny than weird one was at Tannadice in the eighties. We were in the covered bit down the side and had been giving Davie Dodds the old Elephant man song big time and did he not just go and score and come running straight right over to us with arms outstretched in GIRUY way. All the Bears just had to take it then the ref spots the linesman's flag up and disallows the goal. Man, the abuse Dodds took after that was brutal, I even felt a tad of sympathy.

Chris Woods missing a penalty( think it was against Valletta) and having to the walk of shame back to his own goal

Other bizarre one was Twd McMinn against Dundee Hibs in a cup semi at Hampden absolutely ripping the proverbial out of their left back, really though he was going to deck the tin man

Saw an old man get hit in the face by a massive flying block of ice last season at Cowdenbeath away.

Possibly the most horrible but funniest thing I’ve ever seen, he kept stumbling as if he was going to fall on his arse but never quite did, he was taken away at halftime and he never came back for the second half.

I was the only one that saw it fly directly from the back of the terrace down to the very front (where the barrier thing is) and it was an absolutely perfect hit, as it was flying the old guy turned around at the last second to face the terrace and it cracked him right on the nose.

Definitely my most interesting football memory.

It was written somewhere that a ghost of a dog could be seen running around the old terraces , it may have been the groundsmans dog (going back years).

A few posters claimed that they had seen the dog running around the terraces years ago and nobody else saw it but they remembered it being strange at the time .

There's posters claimed to have witnessed it running the stairs of the main stand during the game, whilst no one around bats an eyelid,

Chris Woods missing a penalty( think it was against Valletta) and having to the walk of shame back to his own goal

Other bizarre one was Twd McMinn against Dundee Hibs in a cup semi at Hampden absolutely ripping the proverbial out of their left back, really though he was going to deck the tin man

Ted McMinn scored direct from a corner and done a lap of honour around the flagpole, think it might have been at Boghead.

Last edited:
At half time I went down n got a burger, pie and juice. I came back and my seat was folded up so I just sat on the edge of it without pulling it down. I put the juice between my knees to hold it while I put sauce on my pie. As I was doing this my juice started slipping so I shut my knees tight to catch it and the cup burst all over the woman in front of me.

Sauce on yer pie you say.....?

Pretty sure that was at Hampden. I was surprised no Ayr player cut him in half, I would have.

That was a different game, in the semi against Ayr he stood on the ball and did a salute. In a midweek game at Ibrox,I think against St Johnstone but could be wrong, he jumped up and did a pirouette in the air then carried on dribbling past the defender.

Edit : here it is

Had a wee laugh on'the Copland Road terracing . Many older Bears will remembeer the peanut sellers , then there was guy ' Erra Macaroon Bars and the chewing gum , walking up and down the steep terrace with bag of those items. He then trips up , scalls all his load. Regains as much stock as he can then restarts - 'Erra BROKEN macaroon bars and the chewing gum !

In the early seventies, At an OF game, a dog managed to get itself on the track, it was eventually grabbed by plod and carried round the Copland end towards the gate at the enclosure. My girlfriend (now Mrs) claimed she heard an almighty yelp, and the dog went limp in the arms of the Polis, she's sure the bastard broke its neck.

Thanks mate, this stories got legs........

Davie Dodds scored for DU against us at Tannadice, runs to the Rangers support and stands lording it looking even uglier than normal. Behind him the ref has disallowed the goal and the game is raging on. Eventually the big tube realises and slinks off, with “Spot the loony” and “Elephant Man” ringing in his ears.

Was that a Scottish Cup game?
My Sunderland mates were friendly with East Fifes captain and he said if your game is off come to Bayview and he would fix is up with comps .they were playing Airdrie only stayed till half time and pissed of to the social club.
Scottish Cup 3rd or 4th round

In the early seventies, At an OF game, a dog managed to get itself on the track, it was eventually grabbed by plod and carried round the Copland end towards the gate at the enclosure. My girlfriend (now Mrs) claimed she heard an almighty yelp, and the dog went limp in the arms of the Polis, she's sure the bastard broke its neck.
I don't think it'd be able to yelp if it had a broken neck tbh mate.

Had a wee laugh on'the Copland Road terracing . Many older Bears will remembeer the peanut sellers , then there was guy ' Erra Macaroon Bars and the chewing gum , walking up and down the steep terrace with bag of those items. He then trips up , scalls all his load. Regains as much stock as he can then restarts - 'Erra BROKEN macaroon bars and the chewing gum !
Them were the days my friend. :p

Sergio Porrini launching the ball into the main stand or enclosure, clearly aimed at someone, for no apparent reason, during a run of the mill home game against Hearts around 99-00.

think it was one of Tero Pentilla or Jani Kaupilla’s only games for us.

One of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen, he properly leathered it into crowd.

walking down edmiston drive, would've been about 83/84, with my dad and brother. A tramp stops picks up a pile of horseshit and smells it, he puts it down, picks up a bigger handful and starts eating it

FFS for Roughage maybe?

My two daughters first game at Ibrox we drew 2-2 with dolly. Anway, I went for juice or whatever for the girls, and in the meantime the sheep scored.

I take my seat again and the wife is pishing herself, I ask what's funny and she tells me my youngest stood up and cheered when they had scored, she was only 7 at the time. Now you couldn't meet a bigger Bluenose haha

Anything that gives us a wee laugh in these strange times.

Here's mine.

From the early eighties and only a few hundred people at the most would have witnessed this but this is straight up.

Was outside Ibrox this day in the winter and it was frosty and Baltic and Ibrox had only had undersoil heating put in not long before.
Only a run of the mill league game and at that time crowds were only about 20 000 so me and my mates decided to go in early about 2.30 and get Bovril to warm us up. As we walked up the steps into the East Enclosure we could hear booing echoing around the ground from the few folk who must have been in early and we thought maybe there was a fight among punters or something but when we reached the top of the steps I asked someone what the score was and he said to look at the pitch. The undersoil heating hadn't worked properly and had left green and white stripes across the pitch so folk were booing the pitch.
A unique occurrence that could only happen at Ibrox.
Definitely a unident.
A supposed football club covered up paedophile rings from the board room down for decades, probably from their inception and the authorities haven't taken them to task.

Not only weird but totally disgraceful on the part of the authorities.

Pretty sure that was at Hampden. I was surprised no Ayr player cut him in half, I would have.
He stood on the ball twice I think.
v Ayr at Hampden when he done the "looking for" gesture and there was one at Ibrox v European opposition (maybe) where he done the spin

Sitting in the 2nd row in the west enclosure around 2007/2008 and a fox ran right by me, my da and my granda’s feet. Absolutely bizarre

Sergio Porrini launching the ball into the main stand or enclosure, clearly aimed at someone, for no apparent reason, during a run of the mill home game against Hearts around 99-00.

think it was one of Tero Pentilla or Jani Kaupilla’s only games for us.

One of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen, he properly leathered it into crowd.
It was the East Enclosure.
He'd got a bit of stick from someone and just rattled the ball into the stand.

To be fair, he came over at full time and was pretty apologetic.

Back