Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

There are definitely more Peasants around in Glasgow these days. My own belief is hen pecked turncoats marrying into Peasant families and sending their kids to sectarian schools where a Rangers scarf is rarely if ever seen.
They are the worst kind, trying very hard to be something they are not.

When you get out into Ayrshire, Renfrewshire, Stirlingshire and most of the Central belt outwith Glasgow and Greater Glasgow, the leanings towards Rangers tip the balance massively. West Lothian and even areas outside Edinburgh are quite blue.
From my youth i remember union jacks draped everywhere haha not too many unwashed in west lothian maube blackburn is the only cesspit here.

I believe Renfrewshire as a whole with a few pockets here and there is Rangers.

Johnstone with the exception of spateston and the thorn rangers . Erskine and Bishopton are strongholds although the housing development on the old ordinance factory may change this .

Renfrew is 60/40 bears

Linwood only has one pape school and the local Clifford's are headed by Paul The Tim.:D

The City of Kulchur aka Paisley is more methylated spirits territory.

And last but not least Lochwinnoch is six finger country

The Thorn although being a mentally challenged pub is two minutes away from a Rangers bar, the Thorn isn't even really an area of Johnstone anyway, it's just known as that locally.

Plenty bears in Spateston although it is mixed.

Lochwinnoch mixed but more Rangers I'd say, same as most of the wee villages like Kilbarchan and Howwood.

My Gran stayed in stanper

My Gran stayed in stamperland gardens for 30/40 up until 3 months ago and I’m 27 and I can genuinely hand on heart say in those 27 years I’ve been going to visit I seen maybe 2 mentally challengeds.

I’m genuinely intrigued by this.

I went to Netherlee School in the 80's - it was 90/10% in favour of Rangers fans with your usual handful of Aberdeen/DU fans at the time. My kid goes there now and its about 50/50 Rangers/Tims in his class.

Without getting too involved with the demographics of the area - Stamperland is quite a bit cheaper than Netherlee and Clarkston for housing so historically you got a lot of tims moving into the area from Glasgow so they got into the catchment area of the schools. Still seeing this now, I got two new neighbours in the last two years across from me and both are frigging tims! One came from the East End one from Govan.

If you go to Overlee park on a sunny day you'll see much more tims strips than Rangers (possibly affected by the boycott I suppose).

Stamperland Church is close to closing too, so you're Presbyterian community has lost it’s grip (I know you could say this about all areas….)

There's also a coach that takes the OLM kids to school - stops at a couple of stops in the area. So there’s no reason for families not to move into the area due to being far away from the nearest Catholic school.

All in all, it’s seen the biggest change compared to it’s neighbours in Clarkston, Netherlee, Mearns. I put that down to the religious demographics/SIMD data of typically poorer catholics wanting to move into a better area but not being able to afford the Clarkston/Netherlee areas.

The Thorn although being a mentally challenged pub is two minutes away from a Rangers bar, the Thorn isn't even really an area of Johnstone anyway, it's just known as that locally.

Lochwinnoch mixed but more Rangers I'd say, same as most of the wee villages like Kilbarchan and Howwood.
I'm from the Thorn and it is the second oldest area in Johnstone after the old town centre. Lived on Thorn Brae, went to Thorn PS and drunk in the Thorn Inn many years ago when the good guys used to drink in it. There were virtually no tims in the area in those days and the nearest bigot school was miles away. My sister still stays there and says that there are a few of them about now but the area is still mainly blue.

The influx started when they opened BMC. My dad said the place was "hoaching" with them. He like the rest of my family, worked in the Shale mines, didn't come across many in that industry.
To be honest theres defo nott too many of them in WL defo outnumbered although i have noticed a couple unwashed boozers otjer than that its just the ragers thats sport the tracksuits. Never too much noise from them.

8003f5fc26be91dfc1840a28c9fbebaa.png
Red 50/50 Light Blue Large majority us ,,,Blue majority us and same for the gang greens.

Last edited:
Maryhill is full of tims. Strathblane, killearn, drymen & Balfron mainly Gers bar a few exceptions of the worst kind.

Outside Glasgow, Johnstone and Renfrew are more Rangers than Celtic.
Certainly when I grew up in Johnstone it was staunch with a few mentally challengeds from the Glasgow overspill in the Castle although The Hazel was a good bluenose pub but last time I was up there were a worrying amount of green and grey to be seen

Mind I used to do deliveries for a paint firm and I took some through to a steelworks in Leven.

Walked into a wee office to get the chitty signed and there were Rangers pics all over the walls. I mentioned to the old guy that I was surprised to see it and he looked at me as if I was mental and told me that the area was Rangers daft.

Dunno how true it is but I know there are plenty of good Bears in Fife and a good few RSCs.

Mind I used to do deliveries for a paint firm and I took some through to a steelworks in Leven.

Walked into a wee office to get the chitty signed and there were Rangers pics all over the walls. I mentioned to the old guy that I was surprised to see it and he looked at me as if I was mental and told me that the area was Rangers daft.

Dunno how true it is but I know there are plenty of good Bears in Fife and a good few RSCs.

100% the most staunch area of fife by a mile

Hamilton and Blantyre is full of FB. Burbank the only bear friendly area

First ever SNP member of Parliament was from Hamilton always been a republican hole

Hamilton and Blantyre is full of FB. Burbank the only bear friendly area

First ever SNP member of Parliament was from Hamilton always been a republican hole

"Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again, if they go to Dublin we will follow on" Ah well, think the guy who wrote Follow Follow knew where the tims dwell haha

Rangers and Celtic well behind the local teams. Tims have more due to the influx of some Irish back in the day, similar to what happened in other big industrial areas of Scotland. Still lots of good Bluenoses in Dundee though.
In a previous job, I used to cover Dundee, amongst other areas.
Going back to the late eighties and early nineties,this would be, I’d say that the fanbase balance would've been Dundee first then Rangers, Dundee Utd then Septic.

A good few buses leave from Fife every week
St Andrews Chosen Few
Buckhaven and Methil RSC
Glenrothes Loyal
Cardenden Loyal
Ballingry Loyal
Kirkcaldy
Central Fife
Dunfermline Loyal
Probably a few more that I can't remember

Anyone know what Fraserburgh favours be it more Rangers or Celtic or is is predominantly full of Aberdeen supporters if its just north of the city?

Anyone know what Fraserburgh favours be it more Rangers or Celtic or is is predominantly full of Aberdeen supporters if its just north of the city?
I left the town 10 years ago, probably an even 3 way split between the three teams. I grew up there and every one of my mates were Bears with the exception of two who were Aberdeen fans. No poet mates ;)

Like to think we have a foothold everywhere and a good grip in most areas,Quality not quantity in some areas.

Dreghorn and Springside 95% plus, Prod ----- Rangers about 70% the rest mainly Killie, very few Tims

Celtic towns and areas that immediately spring to mind are Royston, Coatbridge, Port Glasgow and Clydebank.

Rangers - most of Ayrshire, Bearsden/Milngavie, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock, Larkhall, Strathaven, Bridgeton, Cambuslang, Shettleston.
Im from Ayrshire and it would be rangers affiliated. WATP

Milton, not mentioned on the map.

Would be a green dot to be fair, but would have a big Blue heart right in the middle of it.

There might not have been many of us, but we made ourselves heard.
Grew up in Milton in the early 70's until 1991 .At that time it was fairly even from what I could tell . Certainly had enough prods that the BB junior section was split into two separate companies Large primary's in Miltonbank and Chirnside and Colston Secondary May have changed now as i don't think any of my peers still live there .Most moved away to the Briggs or suburbs further afield

Well why not tell the posters saying their area is full of them or overrun they are talking shite.

And where do you come from. Or are you going to tell me you come from a strong Rangers area, just not as strong as it used to be, or how you used to drink in a pub that was a good Rangers Bar but us now sadly a mentally challenged hole?

Again read the thread and what I’ve said.

It's a forum infested by popery.

Do you really think they would post anything else.

There are definitely more Peasants around in Glasgow these days. My own belief is hen pecked turncoats marrying into Peasant families and sending their kids to sectarian schools where a Rangers scarf is rarely if ever seen.

A football scarf is never seen at the schools I work at. Biggest school in Paisley is St Andrews. It's 75% RC and dropping. 1700 pupils and iv never seen football colours of any kind.

I believe Renfrewshire as a whole with a few pockets here and there is Rangers.

Johnstone with the exception of spateston and the thorn rangers . Erskine and Bishopton are strongholds although the housing development on the old ordinance factory may change this .

Renfrew is 60/40 bears

Linwood only has one pape school and the local Clifford's are headed by Paul The Tim.:D

The City of Kulchur aka Paisley is more methylated spirits territory.

And last but not least Lochwinnoch is six finger country

Renfrew is as staunch as they come.

No way in the world it’s 60/40. More like 90/10 in our favour.

In my experience Springburn is more Rangers. I'm not from there so might be misinformed but everyone I do know from there are Rangers. I would say most of the south side is, Pollokshields, Shawlands, Cardonald and Penilee. Although of course I could be wrong.
Penilee boy and its rangers

Christ even in our capital city which has only a small RC population there is we are told not one Rangers friendly pub and we seem to have a smaller support than Celtic there.
It is indeed depressing that we don't have a properly friendly pub in Edinburgh, but I wouldn't say you'd find any true rhabid bars either. Hibs and Hearts support predominates, if there's any hint that there's more Celtic than Rangers it's really just spoon burners lending them their support. There's no hard core of mentally challengeds in the capital. A few Hearts boys are good lads as well, despite the divide that's grown between our two clubs since 2012.

Parts of the highlands are more Rangers-friendly than Celtic-friendly, but I wouldn't call them Rangers areas. Dingwall and the surrounds for example has a lot of people that are Rangers-inclined, though I always get the impression Inverness is more pro-mentally challenged (despite having a huge RSC).

Duke street has many a yes CV psters n windows.. only the Louden Bristol and ally bar are prod pubs. Rest are mixed the pub across from tennents is a poet hovel

There is more to Dennistoun than a few SNP crackpots living on Duke street , it’s still loyal and true, that’s for sure.

Bridgeton will always officially be a prod area but I tell you, growing up I could count the known sellic fans in the whole scheme on 1 hand, changed days now their scum fans even cut through now in their cars on their way hame fae games, unheard of 20 yr ago their buses got attacked when they stuck to the outskirts of the scheme back then

Last edited:
When I was growing up in Knightswood it was almost entirely staunch, lots of shipyard workers and office types. The high flats in Kirkton Avenue brought about a mild infestation of tramps. The west end is quite mixed these days. I was on the train last Saturday and a few "middle class types" were wearing mhank scarves and they had the temerity to alight at Jordanhill. The train was crawling with filth who were heading for Dumbarton. The yahoos were singing IRA crap and, to their credit, the reasonable punters told them to shut up. You can imagine how queasy I felt.

Live in Dumbarton, and it is crawling with the molested. One boozer to the town that has remained staunch is all we have now.
It's about time to sell up.

Back