Jim McColl Coming Back To The Table?

My opinion (based on no knowledge) is that the guy actually does fancy putting money in or maybe even buying us but does not have the first clue what to do after that. He also doesn’t look like he has any inclination to learn about it either.

So maybe he likes the money all model because it’s one of the few ways to make a return in football, talked to a few folks about it and through that process, the press got wind of it.

For whatever reason, he has always held back investing in the past. That shouldn’t rule him out investing in the future but he would need to be far more transparent than he’s being right now. Especially with the fans.

Still can’t get why he has suddenly appeared again , also offering nothing but confusion. The amount of cash he has , investing in us is small change . If he not interested in shares he could easily say there is a million or so for stadium refurb.
I know fúck all so dont quote me but it was commented to me that his wealth is not based on ready cash in the bank but rather in his businesses and other assets. Personally, I doubt he lacks pots to piśs in but his well-known frugality may be for a reason.

I don't want anyone near us that doesn't have our club at heart, even a billionaire like McColl. Surely to God we've learnt our lesson ?

I honestly believe there is something happening here. There does seem like there has been serious discussions between McColl and the Liverppol owners. Could the Gerrard factor also be making this a goer aswell?? Has he potentially shown these guys how big the club could be with our European performances??
He stated to the BBC today the Liverpool investors did not approach him and he was mistaken. Who makes a mistake about something like that?

The guy just seems like an attention seeker, he now seems to be saying no one connected to Liverpool/Fenway spoke to him?
If he is so rich and a fan I am sure Mr King or other board members would have done business with him to help the club.

I doubt that he will ever put a penny into Rangers. He has flirted with it many times without ever investing.

He has had ample, ample opportunities in far better economies than the current one.

He's essentially relayed a private conversation from a while ago, I don't see anything happening imminently.

Can I ask what Jim Mccoll has said for folk to be abusing him? Did he not gift his shares to the fans? Maybe a nothing story, maybe not but I won’t abuse a guy who previously tried to help, and he did try.
But he didn't really try.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near.

I get the impression he uses Rangers as a marketing tool for himself.

you can tell he hasn't a clue about football

But he didn't really try.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near.

I get the impression he uses Rangers as a marketing tool for himself.

you can tell he hasn't a clue about football
Was he not involved with Paul Murray? At that stage there was only 1 person getting the club, surely we know this? What’s your post based oN? Why don’t you want him near us and how can you tell he hasn’t a clue about football? Based on an interview with no talk of football? Genuinely interested in your reasons as everyones saying the same stuff but nobody is saying why.

If Dave King was still running the show then Jim McColl would be irrelevant just now. He's got the media in the palm of his hands.

Was he not involved with Paul Murray? At that stage there was only 1 person getting the club, surely we know this? What’s your post based oN? Why don’t you want him near us and how can you tell he hasn’t a clue about football? Based on an interview with no talk of football? Genuinely interested in your reasons as everyones saying the same stuff but nobody is saying why.
Well there was talk of football in that interview hence why we are having these disccusions.

I don't want him near us as I believe it's a step down from where we are just now. Moneyballl can be applied without jim mcoll. It probably is happening already.

I just see him as a sidetrack and a nuisance to be homest. Full of hot air

Well there was talk of football in that interview hence why we are having these disccusions.

I don't want him near us as I believe it's a step down from where we are just now. Moneyballl can be applied without jim mcoll. It probably is happening already.

I just see him as a sidetrack and a nuisance to be homest. Full of hot air
There’s heehaw in that interview to give the inclination that he knows nothing about football.

So basically your post is based on nothing, all you know is you don’t want him at Ibrox?

There’s heehaw in that interview to give the inclination that he knows nothing about football.

So basically your post is based on nothing, all you know is you don’t want him at Ibrox?
Jim, as far as I remember there was an article around the time of our financial woes in which you admitted you knew nothing about football or the football business. If you would like me to go try search for it I can.

Jim, as far as I remember there was an article around the time of our financial woes in which you admitted you knew nothing about football or the football business. If you would like me to go try search for it I can.
Would like to see that, yes... and if you do find it - I ask the question is someones money not valid for investment if they don’t know much about football business? Isn’t that the job of a CEO? (Clue: the it’s in the job title) Hence why he had Paul Murray and other reputable football men around him last time round.

Would like to see that, yes... and if you do find it - I ask the question is someones money not valid for investment if they don’t know much about football business? Isn’t that the job of a CEO? (Clue: the it’s in the job title) Hence why he had Paul Murray and other reputable football men around him last time round.
We have a unique recent history and any change to the status quo would require someone equally unique and sensitive to the recent history .

It's gonna take a bit more than a businessman who recently watched moneyball to satisfy any support to a takeover.

But I would suggest it s a nothing story and we are wasting our time talking about it.

if he wants to invest however....

We have a unique recent history and any change to the status quo would require someone equally unique and sensitive to the recent history .

It's gonna take a bit more than a businessman who recently watched moneyball to satisfy any support to a takeover.

But I would suggest it s a nothing story and we are wasting our time talking about it.

if he wants to invest however....
Going by your reply I assume you skipped by most of the article, as it literally says Jim McColl and other investors possibly looking to put money into Scottish Football. The only time he mentions moneyball is when he says these people would like to implement a similar strategy. It may be a nothing story but you’ve backed up nothing you have claimed about the guy... a guy who literally gifted every share he owned to the Rangers support. Yep self promotion.

From an article that offers no insight into how much he knows about football and contains absolutely zero self promotion, you’ve taken from it that he knows nothing about football and is only using this as self marketing.

baaaaa!

Going by your reply I assume you skipped by most of the article, as it literally says Jim McColl and other investors possibly looking to put money into Scottish Football. The only time he mentions moneyball is when he says these people would like to implement a similar strategy. It may be a nothing story but you’ve backed up nothing you have claimed about the guy... a guy who literally gifted every share he owned to the Rangers support. Yep self promotion.

From an article that offers no insight into how much he knows about football and contains absolutely zero self promotion, you’ve taken from it that he knows nothing about football and is only using this as self marketing.

baaaaa!
What article are you referring to?

I would give Rangers my second last penny.
Family comes 1st.
I’m a Rangers fan and if I had 100million they could get 50.
The amazing times I’ve had watching them would make it an easy investment for me.
I have my doubts he’s a bluenose tbf.

Back