Does A Null & Void Season Stop “... In A Row”?

Methlick Loyal

Firstly I believe that going into our next full league campaign that we will have learned enough lessons to kick on to the next step of our comeback, and go on to win the league.

But, if the current season in uncompleted, and declared null & void (the correct thing to do) then does that automatically halt the “in a row” situation regardless of who claims next seasons title.

Just reckon it would be a decent stick to beat them with whenever cropped up in conversation.

Firstly I believe that going into our next full league campaign that we will have learned enough lessons to kick on to the next step of our comeback, and go on to win the league.

But, if the current season in uncompleted, and declared null & void (the correct thing to do) then does that automatically halt the “in a row” situation regardless of who claims next seasons title.

Just reckon it would be a decent stick to beat them with whenever cropped up in conversation.

Been thinking this myself. I think we would be kidding ourselves on and I actually don’t think it can stop the in-a-row thing as campaigns will still be accumulating but it will certainly cause grief.

Whats going on in the world is obviously so much bigger than football but it’s stopped them in their tracks when they’ve been flying and I think football wise, it could mess with their mentality while giving us time to reset on what happened to us.

Fucking to right it stops they didn’t win the 9th in a row, if this seasons null and void and that’s why there wanting it handed to them so much. They got the first 4 for nothing and weakened us by pushing and getting other teams to vote for us to be relegated, so to me when this season’s null and void they didn’t win the 9th title in a row.

If they do win the next title then quite clearly they'll have won 9 in a row, I'll accept that fact but for the major Sevocoer's it'll be the 1st :))

No.

Their 9, if they ever get it will have a massive * beside it anyway. I don't think they will get it either. This season null and void. We win the league next season.

If the season was null &void then regardless of what games have been played, there hasn't been a season for that purpose. So the continuity isn't unbroken and theyd be on 8.
Enough time for us to do the business on the pitch instead of clutching to these straws

If I go to the same place for lunch eight days in a row but something happens at work and I don’t get out for lunch on the ninth day. If I then go to that same place on the tenth day I’ve not been to there for lunch nine days in a row I’m afraid Timmy.

If I go to the same place for lunch eight days in a row but something happens at work and I don’t get out for lunch on the ninth day. If I then go to that same place on the tenth day I’ve not been to there for lunch nine days in a row I’m afraid Timmy.
If you were unable to have lunch due to the 9th day being incomplete then the 10th day becomes the 9th available lunch.

The mentally challengeds are desperate for the season not to be null and void as they know it ends their 9iar they have wheeled out every mentally challenged begging for them to get the title.
If this Coronavirus had happened before the season started and their was no 19/20 season then they would be going for a continuous season title to win it 19/20 or 20/21 but the season has started so for it now to be null and void the season will have no title winners.
You can’t make the rules up as you go along as a row is consecutive seasons that’s why there desperate to get the title because they know null and void fcuks there 9iar.

Nope, they'd still be on 8. But it means we stay 4 ahead of them in the only count that matters.

Even if this season is not completed and we win the next league played to completion, they'll claim 9.

8 and a half in a row, stopped by SevCoViD-19 doesn't have the same ring to it for them :D

Fucking to right it stops they didn’t win the 9th in a row, if this seasons null and void and that’s why there wanting it handed to them so much. They got the first 4 for nothing and weakened us by pushing and getting other teams to vote for us to be relegated, so to me when this season’s null and void they didn’t win the 9th title in a row.

Null and void means it never existed unfortunately.
If this season goes is voided, which is should be, then they're still on 8. We have another chance to stop them though...

It doesn’t stop the sequence, if they win the next title it will be 9 in a row. A meaningless one, but still 9 in a row.

Technically yes, as no-one will have won it this season. But they would still have won 9 out of 9 if they go on to win it next season. Not that there's much difference.

You are all to kind, if it was and you weren;t winding them up that the series of titles in a row being reset by this then why even bother with a rivalry

Their "in a row" only comes to an end when another team wins the league.

As much as id love to say thats the run back to zero im not going to indulge in the reality denying mental gymnastics they themselves are famous for.

Definitely clutching at straws and something you'd expect from them if it was the other way round. In fact, they'd have launched a campaign for it.

In horse racing Tiger Roll was bidding to become the first horse to win the Grand National 3 times in a row .
Now the GN has been abandoned they are talking about keeping it in training for the following season and trying to be the first to emulate RedRum by winning it 3 times in total.
All talk of in a row has disappeared in the horse racing world .

This is NOTHING like the league situation.

Back