SPFL should make their own decision

Bear all

What's stopping them they are obviously scared of being taken to court by Hearts or Dundee Utd so they are hiding behind UEFA hoping they will make a collective decision for everyone, I'm guessing they are desperate to do so in fact they would have probably done so if it wasnt the minefield they will be entering into,our stance on it goes without saying once again they show they are not fit for purpose in running the game in Scotland.

What's stopping them they are obviously scared of being taken to court by Hearts or Dundee Utd so they are hiding behind UEFA hoping they will make a collective decision for everyone, I'm guessing they are desperate to do so in fact they would have probably done so if it wasnt the minefield they will be entering into,our stance on it goes without saying once again they show they are not fit for purpose in running the game in Scotland.
They are waiting on the filth and Hearts agreeing a deal that suits both of them

They are waiting on the filth and Hearts agreeing a deal that suits both of them
Surely they would need our approval also and if they seriously want to give it to them Hearts need to go down and Dundee Utd come up if sporting integrity is to be observed and adhered to.

And how can a team be awarded a trophy when they haven't mathematically 'won' it.
You cant but if you want to you would need all the teams in the League to agree to it especially the ones at the top with a chance of winning it, good luck with that one is all I can say .

Ofcourse they should. But they have proven to have no balls and never lead the way. Always a delay begind the FA / EPL

Transfer windows closing...
Announcing new season fixtures...
Announcing all games to be postponed until further notice...

Announcing season null and void??? Hurry up English FA and tell the weak and pitiful SPFL what to do.

Sporting integrity wont prevail here? Because if it does it will be classed as anti catholic racism and the uproar by a certain club will scare the sfa/spl into their decision.

Just seen the Belgium decision so if Scotland are to follow suit very conveniently I'm sure we all agree ,are we just to sit back and let them also enter into the cash rich Champions League as well if it ever takes place it's not on .

SPFL and SFA have never made a decision on their own in my lifetime so why would they start now?

1. Follow England’s lead
2. Do what Liewell tells them
3. Do what sky and BT tell them

SPFL and SFA have never made a decision on their own in my lifetime so why would they start now?

1. Follow England’s lead
2. Do what Liewell tells them
3. Do what sky and BT tell them
They make a decision on whatever Celtic ask of them.

We would take them to court if they declared the scum the league and denied us a CL spot.

You just know what’ll happen.

‘Look at Ghent accepting it in Belgium and big bad horrible Rangers wont’

There are many clubs with a possible grievance.
There is the title, and the financial rewards that brings.
There is qualification for Europe, with financial risks that brings.
There is relegation, and the financial losses associated with that.
There is promotion from a lower league, and the financial rewards that brings.
There are play offs, with the associated gain or lose outcome.

Then there's the carve up of cash dependant on final position in the league. (final position being after all games have been played)

All in all there are at least 6 clubs that can lose out financially in the top league alone.

There are more than CFC and Hearts who are likely to feel aggrieved.

There are many clubs with a possible grievance.
There is the title, and the financial rewards that brings.
There is qualification for Europe, with financial risks that brings.
There is relegation, and the financial losses associated with that.
There is promotion from a lower league, and the financial rewards that brings.
There are play offs, with the associated gain or lose outcome.

Then there's the carve up of cash dependant on final position in the league. (final position being after all games have been played)

All in all there are at least 6 clubs that can lose out financially in the top league alone.

There are more than CFC and Hearts who are likely to feel aggrieved.
Your bang on the money pun intended but the game up here has been run for them for years now no one else really matters .

Someone is going to have to explain to me what grounds for legal action celtic or Dundee Utd would have on the event of a null and void season. The season couldn't be finished in the allocated time due to a unforeseeable global event. They haven't won anything. What could you argue in court?

Exactly. Both that mob wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on trying to claim winning a competition that wasn't completed to a finish. They wouldn't have " won " anything. Its like having 2 numbers in the Lottery and demanding the jackpot.

I've always been 100% convinced the filth will be gifted the title. The way things are run here. I don't know how the SPFL /SFA will spin it or justify it but I'm sure it'll happen. The filth will probably want the Scottish Cup gifted to them as well. Hey, another treble without kicking another ball.

They're looking to England for guidance. Whatever they do, they will follow.

It will in some way diminish the absolute shitstorm that will spew forth from at least one half of Glasgow, all of whom are waiting on this decision to confirm their suspicions about the SFA.

I've always been 100% convinced the filth will be gifted the title. The way things are run here. I don't know how the SPFL /SFA will spin it or justify it but I'm sure it'll happen. The filth will probably want the Scottish Cup gifted to them as well. Hey, another treble without kicking another ball.
Yeah they want to give it to Celtic and want to promote Dundee United.
They know that there is a legal dispute no matter what way they go. Losing this dispute could be costly for an Organization short in cash

If they decide to give Celtic Rangers should put a legal challange in for all clubs to vote.
Then we can see who voted for what.

Someone is going to have to explain to me what grounds for legal action celtic or Dundee Utd would have on the event of a null and void season. The season couldn't be finished in the allocated time due to a unforeseeable global event. They haven't won anything. What could you argue in court?

the allocated time argument won’t work as the rules do say the season ends on the day of the last league fixture “unless otherwise determined by the SPFL Board.” So they have that ability to move things about.

When all the leagues across Europe started suspending their competitions, it appeared UEFA were taking the lead when arranging these conference calls. All the associations were looking for guidance from UEFA and whatever they recommended, most leagues would have followed suit. But the longer this has gone on, it appears UEFA appear to be shitting themselves in setting a precedent.

The SFA/SPFL were one of these leagues looking for help but looks like they will try follow the EPL because they cant make their own decision.

The Belgian league has confirmed current standings are final and awarded title to Club Brugges. Some countries you would think might make their move now but Belgian's league is literally over as they were about to enter its playoff format. So they aren't comparable to other leagues.

I think UEFA are leaving each country to make their own decision. Showing lack of leadership and responsibility. Considering all these countries play under the UEFA umbrella and subsequently qualify for their competitions, they ought to other some guidance at least.

When all the leagues across Europe started suspending their competitions, it appeared UEFA were taking the lead when arranging these conference calls. All the associations were looking for guidance from UEFA and whatever they recommended, most leagues would have followed suit. But the longer this has gone on, it appears UEFA appear to be shitting themselves in setting a precedent.

The SFA/SPFL were one of these leagues looking for help but looks like they will try follow the EPL because they cant make their own decision.

The Belgian league has confirmed current standings are final and awarded title to Club Brugges. Some countries you would think might make their move now but Belgian's league is literally over as they were about to enter its playoff format. So they aren't comparable to other leagues.

I think UEFA are leaving each country to make their own decision. Showing lack of leadership and responsibility. Considering all these countries play under the UEFA umbrella and subsequently qualify for their competitions, they ought to other some guidance at least.

The SFA will argue our league is over and entering its playoff (split) phase.

the allocated time argument won’t work as the rules do say the season ends on the day of the last league fixture “unless otherwise determined by the SPFL Board.” So they have that ability to move things about.
The last league fixture when everyone has played the same amount of games surely.

Tell Celtic to either accept null and void league
Or give them the tainted title but state if they take it, rangers will get the champions league spot . There choice

Posted this on the Fitzpatrick thread but very apt here

Fitzpatrick and Celtic's many other mouthpieces really sicken me to the core. They need to show some respect. This is an unprecedented situation we are living in (WW1 & 2 accepted).

The honourable decision for the SPFL and other football Leagues to make is to call the 2019-2020 football season null and void as a tribute to those who have died of Covid19 and in support of the medical staff and others in society working in brave and dangerous circumstances.

This would show the world that that 'life actually is more important than football'. Is football going to go out on a disgraceful limb here in contrast to other sports? There is going to be no Rugby or Wimbledon Tennis champions, No Olympic Gold Medalists etc.

The only champions of 2019-2020 should be the NHS staff and the vital support workers in the UK and their equivalent in other countries. In fact in the UK the NHS should be awarded the George Cross I.e. NHS GC for Gallantry and Bravery. The GC has only been awarded collectively twice before, Malta GC in WW2 and the RUC GC in 2000.

Shame on you, Fitzpatrick, Lennon, Sutton, Hartson and other Celtic mouthpieces and shame on the SPFL if they start handing out gongs in 2020.

Give them fook all if it was other way about they would Do anything and everything to stop us so I hope we bloody do as well!

They are so arrogant they will do as they see fit and expect everyone else to quietly accept the shafting

Does anyone know if there’s anything in the SPFL rules that would apply to the current situation??

I’m fully aware it’s unprecedented circumstances but you would expect there to be some sort of rules in place.

Latest posts

Back