Votes: 99 47.6%
  • Gio

Votes: 109 52.4%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Today's poll is between 2 goals scored against top level European opposition.

In 1972, Rangers reached the semi finals of the European Cup Winners Cup and faced the mighty Bayern Munich. After a 1-1 draw away from home, the Ibrox second leg gave us the chance to reach a 3rd European final. An unlikely scorer set us on our way, Sandy Jardine scoring this long range shot in the first minute. One of our greatest ever results.

Then in 2000, Rangers visited the best team in France in the Champions League. Monaco were a club who were threatening to win a major European trophy, and the only goal of the game was scored by Giovanni van Bronckhorst with this 30 yarder in the first 10 minutes.

2 great strikes. 2 great European results. But which goal was better?

Simply can't vote against the goal that got us to Barcelona and win our only European trophy.

Sandy for me, especially as it was with his weaker foot.

Both keepers look badly at fault, particularly for Gio's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great strike Sandy, but I feel German arrogance had a hand in it. Gio's was more skilful too, even taking ball/boot improvements into account.

Both top goals , this is getting harder to pick everyday Sandy goals fantastic
Gio V goals sweetly struck also remember watching it
Sandy strike just one of my Heroes

Gio for me.

Even as that season started poorly he was on absolute fire for three months until his..er...six month groin strain appered before the Arsenal move.

With context taken in to account it would have to be Sandy's.

The better strike itself however is Gio's.

Monaco us the most civilised ground I have ever been at. Shown to our seats, beer in hand, by some wee darling. Though that does explain why there is not atmosphere there on a weekly basis.

Sandy Jardine for me, I was at the game in Monaco which was my first and last away trip (excluding Manchester).

I’d forgotten just how far out Gio’s goal was - a tremendous strike.

that win put us on 6 points from our first two games intl that group. A travesty we never qualified from it :(

Voted for gio

Tugay’s performance in that game against Monaco was one of the best individual displays in a Rangers shirt that I’ve seen in my lifetime

Jardine for me. Good strike with, if I'm not mistaken, his weaker foot.

Both goals were poor defensively if truth be told.

even tho I was at the bayern game, i've gone for Gio's goal - it's one of my all time favourites

Back