Will there be a decision this week?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
I’ve seen a few cel’ic twitter accounts saying they’ll be ‘crowned’ champions on Friday.

Does anyone know if there’s any truth in that? Also if true does anyone know what Rangers plan to do about it, and how serious we are when we talk about legal action?

First off let me state a certain amount of sympathy for the authorities as this is a shitshow that isn’t (for once) their doing but in no way can you just award based on places as they are.

There are too many games left to play, our form in 2020 shows how quickly things can change. What would happen if they were 1 point ahead but we had a game in hand, who wins it there?!

It has to be declared null and void as no one has won it, I’d be honest and say that’d be harsh on them but nothing is won until it’s mathematically impossible for a team to be caught.

If it can be described as a holiday, Friday is a holiday so I'd be surprised if any announcements are made.

Morally, Scottish football can't make announcements whilst people are still dying.

Belgian league is backtracking and it wasn’t going to be official till the middle of April.
How desperate would these scumbags be to take a trophy at this time

No.

Uefa will not allow it.

They want the season completed.

When it becomes apparent that this is no longer viable or possible without disrupting next season - they will invite FA's to get together and declare this season null and void and divide all winnings equally or proportionately. With euro qualification based on last season. Teams currently still in either European tournament will not be required to go through qualification rounds.

Next season we will both be going for one in a row!

There’s no way they will be handed the title on the 10th of April. Technically there’s still time to complete the season, although we all know that’s not happening.
However this is Scotland so who knows. I won’t be surprised WHEN it happens.

QUOTE="HarryGeorgeson, post: 5770109, member: 3326"]
Take a look outside mate, who cares about a two Bob league title?
My only concern is I live to see my Grandson’s birthday at the end of the month!
[/QUOTE] this all day

they are getting the title.i have no doubt of that,
the decision has been made,its just a matter of waiting for the right time then the sfa will announce it.

no decision will be made until the UK gets to the predicted peak point with the virus and the government starts to plan the re-opening of the country. If that re-opening is predicted to be before end of June, leagues will finish IMO even if behind closed doors. If it goes beyond that the decision to null and void will come into play

The SPFL taking the lead decision on any footballing matter? Don’t be ridiculous.

It’s completely irrelevant anyway. No one surely cares except the papes and their mhedia lick spittles

Take a look outside mate, who cares about a two Bob league title?
My only concern is I live to see my Grandson’s birthday at the end of the month!
GSG9FpT.gif

The season will have to be completed - no matter when that is.

If it means playing Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday then it has to be. Maybe allow 5 subs in a match.

Have to say I am caring less and less about this now.

I think behind closed doors the decision has already been made.

I agree and it's to award them the title.
They don't care about being allowed to play in Europe next season. getting 10 is all that matters.
No European football ball next season affects us more than them at present.

I highly doubt there will be a decision made... we are still in April. Season wasn't due to finish until mid May and the Euros have been cancelled anyway so plenty time to play remaining games. Celtic are just getting worried once we get back to football that form/fitness will be all over the place and we might actually catch them

No.

Uefa will not allow it.

When it becomes apparent that this is no longer viable or possible without disrupting next season - they will invite FA's to get together and declare this season null and void and divide all winnings equally or proportionately. With euro qualification based on last season. Teams currently still in either European tournament will not be required to go through qualification rounds.

One in a row :eek:

The Arse that is R. Forsyth in The DT says the meeting on Wednesday of the SPFL will decide where they're going:nine making decision are:- Murdoch McLennan in chair. .Doncaster and Karyn McCluskey. The premiership trio are; Stewart Robinson, A Burrows and L.Gray. Championship pair are;Ross McArthur,(Dunfermline) and Graham Peterkin (Ayr Utd). Leagues 1 and 2 by Ken Ferguson (Brechin City).

I would think that if money is tight, any threat of legal action would get the other clubs on board'

No.

Uefa will not allow it.

Crikey, that sounds far too sensible George. It would be the most reasonable outcome though.

No decisions made before the June deadline.how can they crown teams champions now then the leagues are able to be finished in mid June say.

If Rangers had any brains, then ahead of tomorrow’s phone conferences we should be filing an immediate interim injunction today preventing the SPFL from taking action to award the title so then.
As part of the pleadings to the court we should also be demanding that prize money be split equally between all the teams in the league.
That would really throw a cat among the pigeons and get some proper headlines as we could not be accused of being greedy as we would be agitating on behalf of those clubs who are struggling financially.
We would also be able to argue that the action being taken is to protect the European places that will be so vital for finances next season.
In effect, we would be taking over the narrative, be able to claim the moral high ground and would also be seen as the good guys by any neutrals.
Liewell would not be pleased.

I’m not a legal expert, but surely we couldn’t apply for an injunction on something that hasn’t or might not happen?
You can do it three ways. 1. Give notice beforehand or your intention that you will do it and then act after the decision is made.
2 File before the decision is made to prevent it happening on the basis you have reasonable grounds to believe that damage will be caused. (If the decision is not taken, then no hearing is required)
3. Allow the decision to be made and act immediately after it is made without giving any indications that you are going to act.

The last one leaves you in the weakest position to some extent as you have not shown that you would be unwilling to accept an unfair decision being made and you are only acting after the event.

I’m not a legal expert, but surely we couldn’t apply for an injunction on something that hasn’t or might not happen?
An injunction does exactly what the OP proposes, stops something before it happens. Think of the injunctions that have been taken out by people to stop scandals (Ryan Giggs for example) being published in newspapers.
Whether we should do so is open to debate but it would be effective, however football regulations prevent members taking legal action against a governing body except through the Court of Arbitration in Sport. Not sure if an injunction would fall into this.

If Rangers had any brains, then ahead of tomorrow’s phone conferences we should be filing an immediate interim injunction today preventing the SPFL from taking action to award the title so then.
As part of the pleadings to the court we should also be demanding that prize money be split equally between all the teams in the league.
That would really throw a cat among the pigeons and get some proper headlines as we could not be accused of being greedy as we would be agitating on behalf of those clubs who are struggling financially.
We would also be able to argue that the action being taken is to protect the European places that will be so vital for finances next season.
In effect, we would be taking over the narrative, be able to claim the moral high ground and would also be seen as the good guys by any neutrals.

I would be stunned if the club were considering such a move. Based on the current places it would mean losing about £1.8m. It would also mean the bottom club getting about £600k rather than about £45k. Why would Rangers want to spend good money on trying to make that happen.

Sorry but the club simply cannot afford such grandiose gestures at a time like this.

How would that make us look.? We go on about their obsession with the title but we are threatening legal action as thousands are dying. F##k the title.
We would look good as we would want the prize money divided equally.
The excuse being used is that they have to award the title to hand out the prize money.
The other reason we need to stop the title being awarded is it could affect our European place as UEFA have warned countries not to end their leagues at risk of losing UEFA competition places.

How would that make us look.? We go on about their obsession with the title but we are threatening legal action as thousands are dying. F##k the title.
Not for me. We would look crass in the circumstances and would be slaughtered for it.
Bigger more important things to worry about
Let them be the only team in Europe making crass cunts of themselves.

Raising the white flag as a strategy.

Little wonder we get shafted every week in Scotland with fans like these.

Raising the white flag as a strategy.

Little wonder we get shafted every week in Scotland with fans like these.

It’s nothing to do with raising a white flag. People are losing their lives due to a global pandemic, sometimes football has to come a distant second to other things in life.

I would be stunned if the club were considering such a move. Based on the current places it would mean losing about £1.8m. It would also mean the bottom club getting about £600k rather than about £45k. Why would Rangers want to spend good money on trying to make that happen.

Sorry but the club simply cannot afford such grandiose gestures at a time like this.

I'd refine it a bit more so that the prize money within each league is split equally amongst the teams in that specific league, not the entire 42 club structure. So Premiership money gets split 12 ways. Championship money gets split 10 ways etc.

Why?

I want the season played to a finish. We still have a game in hand and 2 games against them. If we are good enough after 38 games we deserve the title of not then we don’t.

However I find all this void the league thing embarrassing. If they win 9 in a row then it’s because we haven’t been good enough. We have ourselves every chance going into the break and came back absolutely rotten. Ok there were a few refereeing decisions that went against us but the performances were so poor we didn’t deserve to win the games anyway.

Sporting integrity has to work both ways. If we argue it shouldn’t be stopped here then we should be fighting for it to continue. If that can’t happen then cross that bridge when we come to it but shouting for it to be null and void now isn’t the mentality winners should have

The Arse that is R. Forsyth in The DT says the meeting on Wednesday of the SPFL will decide where they're going:nine making decision are:- Murdoch McLennan in chair. .Doncaster and Karyn McCluskey. The premiership trio are; Stewart Robinson, A Burrows and L.Gray. Championship pair are;Ross McArthur,(Dunfermline) and Graham Peterkin (Ayr Utd). Leagues 1 and 2 by Ken Ferguson (Brechin City).

I would think that if money is tight, any threat of legal action would get the other clubs on board'

This is why it's pissed me off so much about the lack of action over this cnuts CoI, I mailed every senior football club in Scotland bar 2 (us and them) when we highlighted his conflict of interest - a handful replied, not one was interested in doing anything about it. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd seemed happy about it.

We should be pushing the prospect of N&V and prize money being divided equally.

An injunction is the very definition, stop something happening, not sure if it can be used in league titles though :))

Back