50% wages deferred for 3 months

Perhaps us as supporters but the board should certainly be planning for the summer. It would be dereliction of duty if they weren't forecasting for then.

There's no doubt they will be planning for the Summer - but the primary focus right now will be on survival, not on transfers mate. Plenty on here relishing the thought of EPL clubs, and some in Scotland, going bust. We are not immune to this.

They are all panicking because they sad they would not buy ST until the players did something
I'm just in from my daily walk 10 mins ago to this news so there's too many people to quote.

All these players are on good money yes but any one of them know they could suffer a bad injury before their next move or contract renewal.

The whole notion that the club are somehow abusing the system is just entirely wrong.

This furlough system was not set up with the intention of businesses running themselves into the ground to pay wages, with no income only to use it before spending their last penny. Clearly there are far too many people chipping in with their tuppence worth with no real understanding of what they are saying.

I'm not going to be applauding the players or staff for some great benevolent gesture. Similarly I wont criticise the club for doing absolutely the correct thing.

I really am at loss to comprehend where all this anger is coming from.

People who aren’t interested in Rangers ie English football fans, will instinctively comment on Rangers’ relationship with HMRC. It isn’t great for our rep.

There's no doubt they will be planning for the Summer - but the primary focus right now will be on survival, not on transfers mate. Plenty on here relishing the thought of EPL clubs, and some in Scotland, going bust. We are not immune to this.

I know mate, I've been saying that on various threads the last few weeks when people have been getting giddy at Aberdeen and Hibs statements.

Your right about priorities though. Just a mess of a situation.

Not every one will be able to but I find it rich that players who work for the club and not fans are getting a hard time for helping the cash flow issues .Im sure if the fans were asked lots would also help with an optional levy on the ST.

It’s our club and we should be helping out and not getting upset at employees wages
Two qusetion
1 all the people moaning about using this scheme, would you be prepared to pay extra money on you ST to pay non-playing staff
2 How many mentally challengeds are on this thread?

Just seen the message from Rangers regarding the deferral and the furlough of some staff. And yes, ultimately all staff will get paid, it is the UK taxpayer that is subsidizing these payments. That is not a good look.

Rangers , Rangers employees and Rangers fans have paid enough to HMRC in terms of monies in tax and nearly losing our club too right we are fully entitled to take what’s on offer because every other cxnt is taking advantage why not us

What’s the problem?

We’re not a business rolling in money. Why shouldn’t we use whatever options are available?

Two qusetion
1 all the people moaning about using this scheme, would you be prepared to pay extra money on you ST to pay non-playing staff
2 How many mentally challengeds are on this thread?

Hoe does disagreeing with using a government scheme to your advantage make you a mentally challenged?

What is your problem with people being paid their contracts?

Maybe it's because the world's shut down and there might not be money to pay them with. In other areas of life not everyone is furloughed. You are on record as saying you paid off loads of staff. It's called nothing in nothing out.

It's harsh but that's the way it is. We are a massive club but don't have a massive turnover.

Not every one will be able to but I find it rich that players who work for the club and not fans are getting a hard time for helping the cash flow issues .Im sure if the fans were asked lots would also help with an optional levy on the ST.

It’s our club and we should be helping out and not getting upset at employees wages
If the season doesn't finish and i doubt it will then all season ticket holders would be eligible for a refund, in my opinion i doubt if many people will want it, i certainly wouldn't, but i don't believe that fans, many of them on reduced wages, I'm getting 60% of my wages, to pay extra is wrong
If it's a voluntary contribution then thats up to the individual

The players haven’t protected the lower paid staff at all. That spin is utter shite. Juventus players taking no pay for 3 months. That is classy. Our players are not showing class.

we have people suffering real hardship here. Losing family members to the virus and for many losing their livelihood as well.

These players are very privileged. They live luxurious lives on the backs of those suffering. A bit of humility and a contribution would not have been inappropriate.

Also plenty other clubs across Europe doing things to help less fortunate in their communities. Apart from Alfredo not seeing much from our players.

I think peoples issue with the furloughing of staff is that players have taken a 50% deferment (which the people who have issues would assume was to cover the staff wages)
But we are still using the furlough scheme.

It makes business sense. But some will see it as taking advantage of the government scheme when we perhaps don’t have to.

we have been losing money even before this outbreak

to put it bluntly we cant afford not to use this scheme

I think this may deserve a thread of its own but admin feel free to merge if appropriate.

What are the numbers here? Annual wage bill of 34.5m. simple head tells me that divided by 12 its 2.875m per month. So in 3 months time the club will pay out £8.5m approximately in back dates pay, probably from next years budget?
No because that 34m includes all staff costs including staff who are being furloughed

It's money that would have to be paid during this financial year anyway so does not effect the paybill for the year.

It does however really help cashflow, which is the most important thing just now, until some money starts coming in.

The assumed maximum annual income which equates to £3125 pcm (if you increase the £2500 pcm by 25% it is £3125 / £37,500 p.a.).

Sorry, I'm not meaning to sound stupid but why are you increasing the £2,500 by 25% to do the calculation.

It's money that would have to be paid during this financial year anyway so does not effect the paybill for the year.

It does however really help cashflow, which is the most important thing just now, until some money starts coming in.
Exactly this. Like CV, we are flattening the curve of wages!

Bugger off. I’ve invested thousands into rangers. Not everyone agrees. It’s a message board of debate. Not fucking Pravda.
Similarly our club is not run by Bill fucking Gates.

People need to get real we are facilitating the government furlough scheme for exactly the purpose it was initiated.

My implication was not that the site should be censored simply that of people are so morally outraged by the actions of the club they'd maybe ne best removing themselves from a Rangers fans board.

Last edited:
But u might find the gov paying 80% and the club paying the 20%
That’s what my work is doing

Mine too, and I’m very comfortable with this.

Another point is that people can only be furloughed if they’re not even doing an hour’s work in the furlough period, so my interpretation of that is that the club will actually be paying 100% of a fair amount of salaries.

with respect what is you logic re your post.
My logic is before any regular staff have to make any changes, players and management who are on big wages have to do something first. I know it’s a wage deferral for 3 months and some want a cut, but this is a good gesture volunteered by the players and management. It shows all of Rangers will get through it together in my view.

If the season doesn't finish and i doubt it will then all season ticket holders would be eligible for a refund, in my opinion i doubt if many people will want it, i certainly wouldn't, but i don't believe that fans, many of them on reduced wages, I'm getting 60% of my wages, to pay extra is wrong
If it's a voluntary contribution then thats up to the individual
Out of curiosity, could Rangers even sell ST at the moment as we don’t even know what the set up will be League wise etc. Or even when the Season will start and how many home games we will have.

Knew I shouldn't have ventured into this thread.

Some positive news pounced upon by the eternally, torn faced twats and mentally challengeds.

One thing to bear in mind during your fucking rants, is the club themselves are delighted with the response of staff. That's the main point to take from this.

I bid you all a good day. I'm oot.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, could Rangers even sell ST at the moment as we don’t even know what the set up will be League wise etc. Or even when the Season will start and how many home games we will have.
Not using furloughed staff to process any details as they cannot also work.

Interesting question, not sure if anyone else will be able to shed more light on this of perhaps ticket office staff not furloughed?

Personally I don't see why not.

So long as everything is made clear to the purchaser with regards the uncertainty of the situation and the terms and conditions are clear and fair.

People don't have to buy them if they don't like either.

Good move by the club and the right move.

No doubt the usual suspects will have their opinions but they would be equally, if not more scathing, had the club got into financial difficulty or comprIsed he quality of team we can put on the park at the end of this.

Yesterday: Thieving gypsy 19th Century Terrorist bastards out for the british coin shouldn't be furloughing while they are cash rich
Today: I'm proud of Rangers for doing so.

Top banter.

Fwiw like I've said all along the club should be making use of it as we have every right to do so.

Good move by the club and the right move.

No doubt the usual suspects will have their opinions but they would be equally, if not more scathing, had the club got into financial difficulty or comprIsed he quality of team we can put on the park at the end of this.
No one's having a dig at the club, but players only deferring wages is disgusting

In the absence of income, the steps that have been taken seem sensible. Most businesses all over the UK will be linking into the government scheme. Puzzled why anyone should think that our club should not do likewise.

Back