Will this be the longest European run any team has had?

Stepupandplay

Just wondering with us starting the games so early and not likely to play or have the europa league axed for at least a month or two, technically we're still in the competition, has there ever been a longer European run?

Depending when the lockdown finishes but probably.

Fulham’s run from 2nd qualifier to the final would take some beating.

Depending when the lockdown finishes but probably.

Fulham’s run from 2nd qualifier to the final would take some beating.

In 07/08, we played our first game in a second round Champions League qualifying game against Zeta on 31st July 2007. Then played final of the UEFA Cup on 14 May 2008.

288 days in total. Fulham longer than that?

Edit - Fulham played first game 30 July 2009 and played the final on 12 May 2010. (286 in total).

Last edited:
In 07/08, we played our first game in a second round Champions League qualifying game against Zeta on 31st July 2007. Then played final of the UEFA Cup on 14 May 2008.

Edit - Fulham played first game 30 July and played the final on 12 May. Beat us by 3 days (291 in total).
how far off that are we right now

Edit - Fulham played first game 30 July and played the final on 12 May. Beat us by 3 days (291 in total).
Fulham started a day earlier than us, finished 2 days earlier than us.
And beat us by 3 days?

Am I having a shocker here?

**Also, would ours have been on a leap year while Fulham wasn't?

And beat us by 3 days?

I’ve been trying to work that out too. I thought it must be getting too late for my brain.

And beat us by 3 days?

286 days. For Fulham.
288 days. For Rangers.

Why did it take so long to complete the tournament?
I’m guessing because they didn’t take European competition very seriously in the beginning (certainly in Britain anyway). I recall my Da’s generation arguing we could have done much better in Europe during the late 50s and early 60s if only we hadn’t been so dismissive of the tournaments. They were viewed very much as glorified friendlies. Weird to think of given they are the be all and end all nowadays

how far off that are we right now

A couple of weeks off I’d reckon...

**Googles our first European game and time since**

Not far Off that, only 15 days. We are 273 days into our campaign, we started on 9th July 2019.

Last edited:
And beat us by 3 days?

My bad mate, half watching Sunderland til I die and trying to count made me have a brain fart haha.

Our run is longer, that’s what I should’ve said.

Last edited:
My bad mate, half watching Sunderland til I die and trying to count made me have a brain fart haha.

Our run is longer, that’s what I should’ve said.
I'd have came straight out firing abuse and decrying your maths skills, but my head was also on other things, so you had me doubting myself.
Quite frankly, the fear of making a fool of myself out-weighted the minimal benefit of getting stuck into you! :p

Back