Official club statement. - implications of the Coronavirus pandemic

Decisions made and leadership shown. Quietly going about our business, despite pressure from certain trumpets in the media.

I too would have loved to have seen our management & players take a 20% cut and have it passed on to the non playing staff to cover their pay. However, The main thing here is that the non playing staff are still going to get their normal wage...... well done Rangers.

Well done to all.

Special mention for Tav's words at the end there. A real leader.
How on Earth is he a real leader based on those comments? If they had taken a 20% cut or similar then fair play to them all.

But yes let’s praise our skipper for dropping down to only 12k a week or so for sitting at home for three months only to get the rest of it in July once the season ticket money is in.

How on Earth is he a real leader based on those comments? If they had taken a 20% cut or similar then fair play to them all.

But yes let’s praise our skipper for dropping down to only 12k a week or so for sitting at home for three months only to get the rest of it in July once the season ticket money is in.

Barry Ferguson mentions in the paper today that the players will get the deferred wages from January next year onwards. So it’s a good while before the Club have to make the payments.

Here's the full Tav quote. Show me the bits that aren't showing leadership.

"I want to place on record our appreciation to every single member of staff for their determination and resolve during these unprecedented events. I’m very proud of the reaction of everyone at Rangers to the challenge we face throughout the UK and beyond."

“As a team, we were adamant that we work together to do all we can to secure the future of the football club. We are also acutely aware of the livelihoods and wellbeing of our staff.

“In reality, it was an easy decision for players and senior staff. Now is the time to work with unity of purpose, as the Rangers family, to ensure that everyone works together to maintain our institution. Today has made me proud to be Rangers captain.”

Back