They're going to let member clubs vote on void vs current

They should hand out prize money for current league positions or split it equally between all teams. No league winners no relegation no promotion this is unique circumstances shit for those looking good for promotion but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Then come europe the places are given to the teams who finished in those positions last season

However, if a decision is taken to end the season now, this would allow the governing body to hand out prize money for their final league placings.

In the Premiership, that would see Celtic crowned as champions, with Hearts facing automatic relegation, though that decision is not imminent.

This is nonsense. Abandoning/terminating etc etc the league and paying out prize money does not equate to declaring titles and relegations. They can pay out place money - but not prizes. It is not inextricably linked.
Correct. They need to draw a line under it somehow, so place money and even, sorry to say, European qualification, can be based on current standings, but you can't award a league title when it hasn't been remotely close to won. Promotion and relegation issues also need addressed.

I hope our club doesn't agree to its outcome, assuming they are gifted the title that is. Take this to litigation.

The Club could offer to divide the prize money equally across the 12 clubs based on a successful null and void vote.

Surely that would sway a few to vote our way.
Any member club can propose a special resolution at an EGM.

We really need to get all 40 clubs on board with equal division of the prize monies among all 42 clubs.

If true then we need to be on the frontfoot here.

Make it more appealing to the diddy clubs to vote null and void.

How? Easy.

Make it known that we will support splitting the money and take a loss on our potential income to help out less fortunate clubs.

Come up with a plan for when football restarts -that the diddy clubs will recieve either cheaper seats, or a part of their end ticket sales.

Make it known that this will only happen if sporting integrity is upheld as if it is not we will have no faith in scottish football any more and we will look elsewhere, in a country where sporting integrity matters to continue our football as it is within our strongest beliefs that football should only be won on the pitch.

Make it known that by finishing the season as is there will be no european football or european money

Teams in the lower league? we can offer them a friendly at their own ground to help offset the losses from corona.

They're going some way to pussyfoot around this.

Every league is under the same body but the top league is to be treated differently? Utter shitebags.

How? Easy.

Make it known that we will support splitting the money and take a loss on our potential income to help out less fortunate clubs.

Come up with a plan for when football restarts -that the diddy clubs will recieve either cheaper seats, or a part of their end ticket sales.

Make it known that this will only happen if sporting integrity is upheld as if it is not we will have no faith in scottish football any more and we will look elsewhere, in a country where sporting integrity matters to continue our football as it is within our strongest beliefs that football should only be won on the pitch.

Make it known that by finishing the season as is there will be no european football or european money

Teams in the lower league? we can offer them a friendly at their own ground to help offset the losses from corona.

The ship of political manuveuring has long since sailed.

If it’s got to this stage and we lose the vote we’ve been outmanoeuvred.

Plain and simple.

Relegation was the only issue they needed to solve and gerrymandering the rules to accommodate league reconstruction was the only obstacle.

Will they be sticking to pre-agreed voting criteria?

The ship of political manuveuring has long since sailed.

If it’s got to this stage and we lose the vote we’ve been outmanoeuvred.

Plain and simple.
i agree mate it does seem too late, another blunder by the board who we have all been clammering for to make a statement regarding splitting money etc. Sitting back and saying "the league shouldn't be won" is winning no votes but our own.

as soon as the league was shut down it should have been priority #1 to get other teams on our side by doing things like the above.

This is exactly why Rangers should have been proposing an equal split of prize money and voiding the season to garner more support.

For those (rightly) saying we can just remind them that their 9IAR (and if the win the next their 10IAR) is tainted that will matter not in 10, 20 years. History is written by the victors, we shouldn’t be given up this battle without a massive fight.

How? Easy.

Definitely this.

No point beating about the bush with this -- it's what the non-disease side of the problem is supposed to be : money.

Give them money now, money to come and further future incentives.

Everyone knew they were going to give Celtic the title one way or another.

The obvious solution would be void the league and split all the prize money equally between all the clubs.

Using a points per game when some teams have had “easier” fixture lists so far is mental.

This is exactly why Rangers should have been proposing an equal split of prize money and voiding the season to garner more support.

For those (rightly) saying we can just remind them that their 9IAR (and if the win the next their 10IAR) is tainted that will matter not in 10, 20 years. History is written by the victors, we shouldn’t be given up this battle without a massive fight.
Exactly mate, we are in a good position with the amount of fans and money we can generate to offer all these diddy clubs incentives to side with us. I listed some of the above.

We should have had a statement and plan of action like that our from the start, I feel like it's too late now but as the saying goes - it's not over until it's over. But we absolutely have to say something here before the vote takes place.

Its being reported on the other thread that this will be an Ordinary Resolution, rather than a Qualified Resolution or Commercial Resolution.

The importance of that is that whilst a Qualified Resolution requires 90% approval from the Premier League clubs (11-1) an Ordinary Resolution only requires 75% approval (9-3).

Cnuts.

Handed a cup
Handed a title
Demoted our club with absolutely sinister motives and heavy handed punishment.

To be honest, what other ammunition do us as fans and board need to take action here?

What exactly would it take other than the above for us to boycott away games and for the club to start battling against the tide.

Do the mentally challengeds need to blow up Ibrox for us to get it through our skulls that nothing will change unless we use our power and start forcing issues?

Honest to %^*& man. The games up if they get a title handed to them without us even fighting against it.

Sporting integrity yet again means our club getting shat on from a great height.

I despise scottish football. And if we all go happy clapping a tour round the scottish away grounds next season I will be affronted.

If we do nothing, forget We are The People.

We Are The People who allow the SFA strings to be pulled by our rivals.

Livid where this is going.
Correct, we as a support have being conditioned to basically accept any shyte that’s being thrown at us since we were shafted and rather stupidly IMO agreed to be demoted to the bottom leagues.

We have a board who also don’t have the first idea how to combat our many haters, we are hated by an even increasing vocal Nationalist community who despise everything we stand for but we have an apathetic support who couldn’t fight their way out a paper bag, instead they willingly put money into these clubs that would be quite happy to see us go tits up.

As I've said on numerous occasions, if Rangers roll over and accept that then I'm done.
And while they're at it they can go ahead reimburse my cash for the 2 season tickets I paid for and have not had the full amount of games I initially paid to see on them.
That's utter bull shit

I hope Rangers and Hearts are ready to go the whole road legally with the SFA there is no other option now.

Celtics mid week article about wanting to finish the season was probably all part of the PR strategy, knowing fine well this was coming. Oh we wanted to play to a finish, but if you guys vote for a finish then fair enough.

Rangers better be lobbying every club in the country about this

I’m bolding this as its our line in the sand

It should be void

But if its average points per game then it must be taken at the season midpoint when everyone has played once home and away.

It is completely unfair and unsporting for a team to lose out to an opponent who has had different fixtures since half way.

We approve of void and propose the only fair way to do average points per game if thats the majority decision is in a fundamentally sound (legally) and sporting manner using halfway point as an equal split of fixtures.

As per Michael Beale

The current board are making the Bain/Murray era look Churchillian in comparison.
It's the outcome of a political (football politics) vacuum when we got put down thr divisions. Plus these other clubs are complete push over bastards, we should never play ball with these clubs again, hamper them financially at any given turn.

If this happens tell them to stick the tv cameras, Sky have invested a lot of money for what ? US and to a lesser extent them, if they are making things up as they go along let’s not make it easy for them, I know this is probably a non starter but it might be worth a shot.

I hope Rangers and Hearts are ready to go the whole road legally with the SFA there is no other option now.

If you read the release on the SPFL site they have dangled the carrot of 'possible league reconstruction' in front of hearts. Not that it WILL happen just that they 'will talk about it'. Hearts will be suckered in by that.

We are on our own and, without significant backing, we are f*cked.

Back