SPFL to be decided on average points per game confirmed

We all know how this is going. Let the classless tramps enjoy the ultimate in tainted achievements in 8.8 IAR while thousands die. Absolutely shameless.

Basically it all rests on Kilmarnock and whether they want to be celtics bitches or actually aspire to a european spot then? Aberdeen and Hibs wont vote against that.

I would argue that while a lot of clubs are affected by this in truth we are not.

Were we really going to win the title?

I know we had a chance, beat the separate entity twice and hope someone else does, while we win every game.

But that was always a long shot.

Yes sporting integrity is out the window and awarding a title is miles off actually winning it, but the option of voiding it completely was unlikely.

I do expect some abuse for this :)

I would argue that while a lot of clubs are affected by this in truth we are not.

I know we had a chance, beat the separate entity twice and hope someone else does, while we win every game.

Yes sporting integrity is out the window and awarding a title is miles off actually winning it, but the option of voiding it completely was unlikely.

:cool:

So the final places would stand but no one wins titles?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly the champions are described as the team at top of the league when the league is completed, or something like that.

If this allows them to "complete the league" then it also decides who the champions are.

What about Motherwell and Aberdeen fighting for 3rd place/Europe. Would they go for it?
Hibs stand to lose out from the proposals as St Johnstone would move above them, despite having less points.

It’ll come down to what happens with relegation I think. Hearts will definitely vote against It, but if Accies are relegated/ forced to play a playoff, I can see them rejecting it too.

We’re about to find out whether our board are up to it.

BTW does the points average take into account how many games you've played at home versus away or just the number of games played?

This is probably the most unfair outcome, teams have played different numbers of games.. joke

The club needs to fight this, UEFA is clear that we should finish the league before June

They are desperate to hand it out

What about the relegated and second place teams in the other leagues? They'll never vote for it either

Aberdeen and Hibs are certainties to vote for this Aberdeen still get their European spot and Hibs get to see their rivals relagated
but would Hibs want to miss out on 2 home Edinburgh derbies and the money generated from them ?? in light of what is happening in the world at the moment , finance is gonna be more vital than ever so i would hope they would vote against it

If a second wave of Coronavirus hits next year and halts play midway and we are even a single point clear, then we better be given the title. Can’t be one rule for one and another for the rest.

I’m bolding this as its our line in the sand

It should be void

But if its average points per game then it must be taken at the season midpoint when everyone has played once home and away.

It is completely unfair and unsporting for a team to lose out to an opponent who has had different fixtures since half way.

We approve of void and propose the only fair way to do average points per game if thats the majority decision is in a fundamentally sound (legally) and sporting manner using halfway point as an equal split of fixtures.

As per Michael Beale

Totally agree. I posted ages ago that the point where each team had played the same opponents twice (home and away), was the fairest way to decide the league.

Whether they do that on average points, or manage to squeeze in one game v St Johnstone at Ibrox, makes no difference.

Carve up

Robertson’s on that SPFL board. His position at Ibrox should be untenable if this comes to pass
What can Robertson do when he is outnumbered. Doncaster, McLennan and McLuskey are on the board as placement/woman for the poets. That gives them a majority.

More on the story we brought you earlier, to end season (current standings final standings) it’ll take:
75% of prem clubs to vote in favour (9)
75% of champ clubs to vote in favour (8)
75 % of League 1 + 2 combined (15). Shoe-in, I’d say https://t.co/5p9ufjeNxmK

9 clubs ffs it should be far higher. The only clubs gonna vote against it will be the one missing the title and the one getting relegated, absolute stitch up

I actually agree with you we were not going to win the league with our current forum.people who say that we could in my opion hoping against hope.but as you have pointed out sporting integ9 is out the window.i also hope rangers do take legal action over this on principle along after the way we were treated in 2012 and also the way we were treated on our run to Manchester.

Stewart Robertson helped come up with this brainwave?
Obviously not!
But he is only 1 guy out of the board, he will be outvoted. And it’s also probably why this is for lower leagues only, not the SPL.
The premier league know the will end up in court by us and Hearts, and will also potentially piss off UEFA big time.

It’s simple, there’s 2 options...Completion or Null & Void with the cash dished out evenly. These are the only fair means to do this and if they choose anything else, that’s it f@cked once and for all, guaranteed imo.

They either do the right thing by adhering to proper sporting integrity and retaining some credibility which will allow the game to at least have a chance to repair and move forward or they can roll the dice and deal with the very real prospect of this being the final chapter in the long slow demise of the game in Scotland which will hurt every club to varying degrees and most likely finish a few off in the process.

They had all better think very carefully about the consequences should they ignore the obvious and only decision to be made in this situation.

Let all the managers duke it out on FIFA or Football Manager against each other and stream it live.

So they have made it clear what outcome they want but dont have the balls to go through with it in the premiership

Essentially aye.

Part of me also thinks they're trying to strong arm any "on the fence" Premiership clubs by running the lower league votes first, confident they will pass and therefore trying to make the clubs in the prem who could scupper the whole thing look like the bad guys.

Back