Andy Smith Ed Dunfermline striker

Pvt. Hudson

Similar to the Stevie Crawford post were we ever linked with big lanky Andy Smith? I remember the guy I used to sit next to used to always rave about him saying that he’d be the next Hateley.

Scored a couple against us if I recall.

Scored a good goal against us in a Scottish Cup final.

But as much chance of us wanting to sign me!

Similar to the Stevie Crawford post were we ever linked with big lanky Andy Smith? I remember the guy I used to sit next to used to always rave about him saying that he’d be the next Hateley.

What secure unit did the guy end up in?

Did alright at Airdrie but that was his level. Poor touch on him and wasn't that good in the air. Could hold a ball up alright but that's about it.

He had a purple patch with Dunfermline one season and scored 20 odd goals, but I dont ever remember him being linked with us. Mainly because he was shite

He stayed near me in Airdrie at one point a really good guy Ispoke to him and Alex mc Donald in the Working mans club on the night of the cup final when we beat Airdrie
Aye he’s sound as man. A can guess roughly where you stayed. You still in Airdrie ?

Sorry but I laughed hard at that. Your mate clearly dabbled in psychedelics because he was basically saying there’s a chance a Fiat Punto could turn into a Ferrari.

Sure he scored against us in the cup final.
Only other memory was seeing him out outside the main stand at the piggery after a semi, or final.
Cant remember which match but we won and he seemed happy.

“asking for a friend”

He had a decent season think it was 97/98 he scored over 20 goals in the SPL and got a cap in a B game for Scotland iirc

We’re we ever linked with Keith Lasley? My pal said he’d be the new Baxter if we signed him :rolleyes:

Jesus, Andy Smith the next Hateley, think the guy next to you must have been on drugs!

quite surprised to see andy smith get a mention signing for rangers he had a hell of a lot of substitute stats for us so he was hardly good enough for airdrie he certainly wouldn't be good enough for rangers in the 90s, loved his goal for us in the cup final though

Latest posts

Back