Murdoch McLennan

migsy323

We should be calling for him to resign immediately as chairman of the SPFL.
He is a non executive director of independent news and Media plc. This is an Irish giant that is part owned by Dermot Desmond and that other Celtic shareholder Dennis O’Brien. He should not be allowed a vote on SPFL matters due to a conflict of interest

We should have followed up on that and made life so uncomfortable for him he would have quietly slipped out the scene.
absolutely ,we slipped back into the see no evil ,hear no evil routine,and continued to get shafted with no redress, and there he is in a position to stick it to us once again,

Dave King said previously that he should consider his position and remove himself from decision making as hes conflicted.
I'm sure he once declared that he hates us b@@@@@@s

It's nearly two years now since Dave King dubbed Shifty McGifty 'not fit for purpose'.

The SPFL still has a case to answer in this regard:

DAVE KING has hit back at the SPFL and insisted they would ‘welcome’ an independent review if they had ‘behaved properly’.
And he has claimed that Hampden board members were not informed about a potential conflict of interest involving chairman Murdoch MacLennan and Celtic.
On Tuesday, the Rangers chairman called for MacLennan to be suspended from his role whilst claims for a conflict of interest and non-disclosure were probed.

MacLennan has been appointed as non-executive chairman of Independent News and Media PLC – a Dublin-based firm which is part-owned by Dermot Desmond and his long-term associate Denis O’Brien.
Desmond is the majority shareholder at Celtic, while O’Brien bought a minor stake in the club in 2006 from former boss Martin O’Neill. The pair own around 45 per cent of the shares in INM.
SportTimes reported on Wednesday that Rangers were furious with the latest developments at Hampden and wouldn’t let the matter rest as they seek answers over who knew what, and when, and a potential conflict of interest arising out of MacLennan’s appointment at a company where two influential Celtic shareholders have significant investments.

The SPFL insisted that there was no case to answer as they dismissed King’s calls but the Ibrox chief is unhappy at the way his request has been treated by the Hampden hierarchy.
King said: “I am surprised at the SPFL’s response to my request for an independent investigation into the relationship of its chairman to major shareholders in Celtic FC.
“Any organisation that has behaved properly would welcome an independent and transparent review.
“The SPFL’s response does not even attempt to answer why there was non-disclosure of the conflict that immediately arose when the SPFL chairman accepted this appointment.
“SPFL board members were informed that their chairman was taking up a non-executive directorship with another business but they were not told there was a conflict of interest due to common shareholders with significant influence within that company and Celtic FC.

“We need to be told if the SPFL chairman chose not to disclose the conflict. If it transpires that he did in fact make the required disclosure then to whom did he address this and why did that person not relay this critical information to SPFL board members?
“Had the conflict been disclosed the SPFL board members could have carried out their fiduciary obligation by interrogating this conflict of interest and agreeing how the chairman would deal with it going forward.
“The existence of this conflict means that the SPFL chairman must recuse himself from much of the business of the SPFL going forward thereby rendering his present position as being not fit for purpose.
“The SPFL’s rather hurried and inadequate response merely reinforces my personal view that good governance is not a priority for the SPFL executive.
“These questions must be addressed immediately if confidence is to be restored in the SPFL executive and its chairman.”

Another open goal for the club, but I won't hold my breath.It's as plain as the nose on your face why he's there, but apparently only Rangers fans see it.

The thing is, when we made this point a few years back and fans of clubs like Hearts, Thistle mocked us and sided with the scum as they didn't think it would impact them. Genuine shower of turds.

Funny ( not ha ha ) If shoe on other foot ( left )
Ex players Shi te house Boyd etc would be shouting it from roof tops. Oh I forgot wasent Boyd hammered the last time he spoke through his rse

He is a non executive director of independent news and Media plc. This is an Irish giant that is part owned by Dermot Desmond and that other Celtic shareholder Dennis O’Brien. He should not be allowed a vote on SPFL matters due to a conflict of interest
How can there be conflict , they are all one and the same.

This is precisely why he got the job. He's on the bheast payroll.
Just like loads of people, I'm not saying Lawwell doesn't have the influence people on here say he does, but Dick Dastardly has a big part to play in all this. He has his murky paw prints everywhere and has had for years. Dodgy latvian banks and panama papers payments to all and sundry. Friends within most FAs and Irish Mafia pals and no doubt influences UEFA re FARE involvement. He is a snake but a very smart and influential snake.

None of us here will be dying of surprise. It’s been that way since John Reid put them on a different level when it comes to playing dirty politics.

The balance is skewed to the yahoos advantage, they have their filthy paws exerting influence everywhere

we should make it clear that he can't have any part in putting together any resolutions

And with mike mulraney the head of the professional game board association at the sfa , someone has worked unchallenged within scottish football to get their footmen in place..

We need to take any decisions involving this chancer to court. Only then will the conflict be examined, laid bare and the decisions overturned in our favour.
Your correct mate but the spfl/sfa seem to have swept it under the carpet just like their masters Celtic and as far as I am aware the club seem to have let it drop as well.

Seen he appeared from the rock he’s been hiding under since King questioned his integrity.

The corruption is deeply ingrained I'm afraid.

Take Stewart Regan for example. Quoted in the Yorkshire Post as saying he didn't approach the SFA and was headhunted by an agency who put him straight into the final shortlist.

Who was the agency and why Regan?

Back