Livingston Football Club Statement on SPFL Resolution

mdingwall

Administrator
Issued Thursday 9th.

Livingston Football Club Statement – SPFL Resolution
Thursday, 9 April, 2020
default-new.jpg
Following on from the recent announcement from the SPFL, we wanted to bring our own fans an update on our position regarding the written resolution received.

Firstly, we would like to take the opportunity to thank both the SPFL and SFA for their hard work and effort in providing clubs with extensive legal opinions during this unprecedented time. The situation in which we all find ourselves in is unlike anything we have ever seen before, so we appreciate the difficulty in reaching an outcome that will satisfy all relevant parties.

We are grateful for the continued communication over recent weeks via both regular emails and video calls, in which the information provided has remained clear and concise at all times and has allowed us to remain fully up to speed on all developments across a number of areas.

We would like to put on record that we fully support the resolution put forward by the SPFL on Wednesday 8th April, as below:

“SPFL clubs are to vote on a resolution recommending the termination of the 2019/20 season in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2, with final season placings determined by points per game in league matches played to date by each club.

The resolution also recommends that matches in the Ladbrokes Premiership remain postponed for the time being, to give the best possible opportunity for the remaining 2019/20 fixtures to be played.

However, if the SPFL Board determines that the remaining Premiership matches cannot be played, the Ladbrokes Premiership would also be terminated, with final season placings determined on the same basis.”

There are a number of reasons as to why we are supporting this resolution, which we hope to outline below:

• In a letter from Scottish Ministers to the SPFL the guidance suggests that the restrictions currently in place may not be lifted until a minimum of the 10th June. However, our understanding is that it is likely to be later than this. These guidelines are in place to help to alleviate the pressure on the NHS.
  • In our opinion, there is no viable space to finish the current season and we feel with over 75% of the games completed, an average points per game system is the best of all options, in which no option is great. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find a neutral ground which suits everyone.
  • It is fundamental to Livingston Football Club that league prize money can be paid out, as we have a duty of care to our employees and fans to ensure we still have a football club for the following season. The only way for league money to be distributed is via the league season concluding and we must emphasise that voiding the season does not achieve this.
  • From all discussions with the SFA/SPFL, it is our opinion that one thing that is paramount in fulfilling the new contracts from Sky Sports (exclusive rights holder) and Premier Sports is that the new season starts on the contractual dates, or as close to as possible within reason.
  • As a club, we feel that living in this state of limbo is detrimental to next year’s revenue streams and closure is needed. Season Tickets and Commercial Sponsorship play a huge part in our business model and bringing the season to an end allows our business to focus on the new season ahead.
From our perspective, this has been an extremely tough decision to come to as we as a football club would have loved the opportunity to finish the season and push for a European spot, which was potentially worth huge amounts of revenue. Our preferred option, back on March 13th, was to finish the current league before the new one started. It has become abundantly clear that this would be difficult at best to achieve, taking into account the pandemic, financial and contractual agreements.

Finally, we would like to re-iterate our thanks to our governing bodies for all their help in these unprecedented times. We feel that it is important to provide transparency to our fans and fellow members.

This will be the first of many statements - I'm sure many more of a similar tone will follow...completely ignoring the proposition from Rangers.

“The only way for league money to be distributed is via the league season concluding and we must emphasise that voiding the season does not achieve this.”

That statement is total bullshit. This lie has been told every day for close to 3 weeks now by the Scottish media and is now being accepted as fact.

Also in 2012 all clubs were in agreement that sporting integrity absolutely had to trump the financial benefits of having Rangers in the league. It would seem now that financial gain is taking precedent over sporting integrity.

We take 7.5k fans to Livingston 2-3 times a season (myself included) and hand them a massive financial boost in doing so. Maybe it’s time we re-thought such generosity.

I expected nothing less from them and I still say the trophy should be withheld as no outright winner on the field of play

“The only way for league money to be distributed is via the league season concluding and we must emphasise that voiding the season does not achieve this.”

That statement is total bullshit. This lie has been told every day for close to 3 weeks now by the Scottish media and is now being accepted as fact.

Yep, they can change the rules at an EGM if they want to. That's what our resolution aims to do.

Also

In a letter from Scottish Ministers to the SPFL the guidance suggests that the restrictions currently in place may not be lifted until a minimum of the 10th June

is probably releasing confidential information the Govt would not want out

"It is fundamental to Livingston Football Club that league prize money can be paid out, as we have a duty of care to our employees and fans to ensure we still have a football club for the following season. The only way for league money to be distributed is via the league season concluding and we must emphasise that voiding the season does not achieve this." I doubt that is true but there is no doubt the Rangers Resolution does.

You can picture him sitting in his yahoo scum scarf as he gleefully typed that statement up .

Time to get out of this shithole set up . Or bare minimum take zero tickets for Livingston and hit them in the pocket .

This celtc propagated lie is sickening me.

Everyone seems to have accepted the following as gospel when it's really NOT TRUE.

"Voiding the season was also being put to members but is not considered a realistic option as it would lead to contractual problems and possible litigation".

Liewell been at work from day one we’re fighting a lose battle and only way hearts on board there on brink being relegated and need us now but didn’t need us in our time off need so I wouldn’t want them to have our back even in a bad day all made there bed scum small club mentality

I don’t have a problem with their stance ,it’s up to them what they do and nothing to do with us ,because we want them to vote against it and they don’t then we take resentment ,seriously are we naive enough to think everyone will vote against ?

6 points off a possible european place and they want to chuck it early? They will always need money due to the size of the club but I guess with the type of people they have on their board like we've seen this week through twitter it's not a surprise they're sideing with the tims.

In 2012 many clubs voted against our continuing in the SPL because “it’s what our fans have told us they want”.

I would love it if Rangers told these same clubs that if they side with Celtic and their cheerleaders within the football authorities and go completely against all “sporting integrity” then they will no longer take any away tickets because “it’s what our fans want”.

Not sure of the practicalities/legalities but would also add that I would also support dropping all cooperation with TV companies including refusing access to Sky and their cameras. See how their TV deal and the money they need from that goes then.

As expected. Every other club is happy for Celtic to win the league as long as they are kept in the league.

If it was us who were in 1st place I guarantee they would be demanding null and void.

I won’t be attending another away match in Scotland if the inevitable happens. I guarantee the minute the club stops taking away allocations a % of our fan base will kick off and we’ll be back to square one which is funding diddy wee clubs who want us dead.

Also in 2012 all clubs were in agreement that sporting integrity absolutely had to trump the financial benefits of having Rangers in the league. It would seem now that financial gain is taking precedent over sporting integrity.

Absolutely.
We should be throwing this back in their faces at every turn.
"Sporting integrity" over money.

As for:
"In our opinion, there is no viable space to finish the current season and we feel with over 75% of the games completed, an average points per game system is the best of all options, in which no option is great. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find a neutral ground which suits everyone. "

... well, the thing is that in the absence of being able to finish the season, cancelling or voiding the title IS actually the ONLY "neutral" option.

Every other option that finds in favour of one Club or another is by definition NOT "neutral".

As expected. Every other club is happy for Celtic to win the league as long as they are kept in the league.

If it was us who were in 1st place I guarantee they would be demanding null and void.

I won’t be attending another away match in Scotland if the inevitable happens. I guarantee the minute the club stops taking away allocations a % of our fan base will kick off and we’ll be back to square one which is funding diddy wee clubs who want us dead.

Do you genuinely believe that any club in Scotland cares whether or not it's us or them that win the league? They don't. They couldn't care less. Every club is looking after their own interests and for our piss poor league where every dime counts they are going to vote for the money every single time.

Do you genuinely believe that any club in Scotland cares whether or not it's us or them that win the league? They don't. They couldn't care less. Every club is looking after their own interests and for our piss poor league where every dime counts they are going to vote for the money every single time.
Of course they do. Look at the difference in tone when we went down vs now. Both had massive financial implications and each time the Celtic Preference will be voted for.

Of course they're looking after themselves. All this other teams want celtic to win is garbage. As I said on the other thread, if we hadn't made a James hunt of the league, then they're the one club who would have done us a turn.

Tinfoil hat stuff. It's like that lot saying Hearts lie down to us even though they beat us twice.
It’s absolutely nothing of the sort.

Why aren’t clubs coming out and saying Trophies shouldn’t be handed out until they are won on the pitch? Financial security can still be achieved with out that mob being handed another tainted title but I guarantee very few clubs will challenge it if it happens.

Why aren’t clubs coming out and saying Trophies shouldn’t be handed out until they are won on the pitch? Financial security can still be achieved with out that mob being handed another tainted title but I guarantee very few clubs will challenge it if it happens.
So what your saying is all the other clubs and their players want celtic to win. Doesnt explain how they have took more points off celtic than we have.

They just want their money and quickly.

Because nobody can win the title other than the two of us. Why would Livingston give a crap who gets awarded a title? It's been over 35 years since anyone outside Rangers and celtic won the league.

If they tried to award the Scottish cup to one of the four teams left then you'd have the other three complaining that it should be won on the pitch. Nobody who had been knocked out would care. It's all about self preservation and I have no problem with that at all.

Back