4 clubs needed to down the SPFL vote.

Anyone seen the comments from Lachlan Cameron (Ayr chairman) on Twitter?

He says null and void is his view but having seen the papers he recognises it's 'not possible' and they'll be backing the motion.

What rationale could there be for null and void not being possible, yet awarding titles, promotion and relegating teams on current standings (with no more games played) be possible?
Bribery, if they don't call a result they won't get prize money. If they do call a result that'll set a precedent in Scottish football.

Have we put froward a counter proposal?
Seen something like this on the 4lads twitter page. Say we said split the prize money evenly for all leagues, so spl would be say £4m prize money split between 12, £333,000 each club piad now (dont know if £4m is the prize money) no champions, no relegation. European spots determined on current positions. Do you think more clubs would back our proposal meaning a fair split of money which could save clubs going under. Also feel our proposal would be backed in lower leagues as clubs would get fair share of there prize money which would save a few of them plus prob the idea of a colts team in lower leagues giving these clubs a better income again next season.
300k,,,ffs these fckn idiots will sell there souls for fckn peanuts.... embarrassing

Anyone seen the comments from Lachlan Cameron (Ayr chairman) on Twitter?

He says null and void is his view but having seen the papers he recognises it's 'not possible' and they'll be backing the motion.

What rationale could there be for null and void not being possible, yet awarding titles, promotion and relegating teams on current standings (with no more games played) be possible?

That club are riddled with celtc supporting mentally challengeds.

They are trying to make it look like Null and void is impossible. Lies lies and smokescreens.

I can't see why any club except Rangers and Hearts would vote against this?

Celtic - Win the league
Motherwell - European football
Aberdeen - European football
St Mirren - Avoid relegation
Hamilton - Avoid relegation
Ross County - Avoid relegation
Livingston - Top 6 pay out
St Johnstone - Top 6 pay out
Kilmarnock - Nothing to play for
Hibernian - Notbing to play for

Remember they are still going to play the league games if it is possible.

Celtic - Win the league

Think you are wrong with hibs they would drop out the top 6 .

Celtic - Win the league

The championship vote will scupper it

While I don't think Its possible we as a fan base can boycott every away game. What we should do is pick one team and make an example of them. As Livingstone give us three sides of there ground we should boycott them as an example to all other spl teams

Livingston would lose over £400000 if we boycott games their next season . They’ve today basically come out with what amounts to cheerleading for Celtic being champions . Let’s hit them in the pocket .

While I don't think Its possible we as a fan base can boycott every away game. What we should do is pick one team and make an example of them. As Livingstone give us three sides of there ground we should boycott them as an example to all other spl teams
Because clubs are voting to look after themselves?

You honestly think we would give a %^*& about Hearts or Partick Thistle if we were 13 points clear at the top?

I'm honestly finding it hard to get annoyed by all of this and buy into boycotting away games next season.

Because clubs are voting to look after themselves?

You honestly think we would give a %^*& about Hearts or Partick Thistle is we were 13 points clear at the top?

I'm honestly finding it hard to get annoyed by all of this this and buy into boycotting away games next season.
A world wide Pandemic on the go, it's exactly the time it's everyone for themselves. Sheer self interest will be driving every club, including ours.

Celtic - Win the league

If the Championship clubs vote the thing down then watch the SPFL clubs scramble to vote through the Rangers Resolution (which will also give them their money immediately).

Lower Laegue clubs essentially being stitched up so they would miss out on gate money should league football resume for the sole reason of giving Celtic the title. Despicable comes nowhere near covering these shennanigans. I just hope the Championship and Leagues 1/2 see right through it and adopt the Rangers motion instead.

It'll be interesting to see how many cellik players get loaned out to SPFL sides next season. Whenever that is
babpozh.gif

Budge has been on the blower to other clubs and reckons SPFL plan's won't pass:

Hearts supremo Ann Budge reckons the SPFL proposal WON’T pass on Friday - after speaking to clubs in the top two flights of Scottish football.

Clubs across the country have until 5pm on Friday to vote on whether to conclude the bottom three leagues on an average points basis.

A decision on the Premiership will be deferred but the plan would give the green light for the top-flight to follow suit should it reach a stage where the campaign could not finish.

Under the proposal, Celtic would be crowned champions and Hearts - four points adrift at the bottom with eight games to go - would be relegated.

Budge warned last month that her club would take legal action if they were relegated prematurely - insisting that nobody would benefit from such a scenario.

For Friday’s resolution to pass it requires 75 per cent of the top flight, 75 per cent of the Championship and 75 per cent of League One and Two combined in favour.

But Budge told Sky Sports: “Based on the conversations I have had - and I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Premiership and Championship although I haven’t talked to League One or Two clubs because I don’t have the ready contacts - but I don’t believe this will be supported."

Budge previously warned of a legal battle if Hearts were to be demoted prematurely - but her stance appears to have softened ahead of the vote.

She added: “We are where we are in the league positions and if everything is talked about and that is what the community of football clubs believe is right then I will not fight it till the death. How is that going to end?

“If we have to deal with relegation we will deal with relegation.

“But I do just keep coming back to the point of who is going to benefit?”

Given our journey up the leagues Anne, I am sure Rangers will have the necessary contact.

Hearts supremo Ann Budge reckons the SPFL proposal WON’T pass on Friday - after speaking to clubs in the top two flights of Scottish football.

Clubs across the country have until 5pm on Friday to vote on whether to conclude the bottom three leagues on an average points basis.

A decision on the Premiership will be deferred but the plan would give the green light for the top-flight to follow suit should it reach a stage where the campaign could not finish.

Under the proposal, Celtic would be crowned champions and Hearts - four points adrift at the bottom with eight games to go - would be relegated.

Budge warned last month that her club would take legal action if they were relegated prematurely - insisting that nobody would benefit from such a scenario.

For Friday’s resolution to pass it requires 75 per cent of the top flight, 75 per cent of the Championship and 75 per cent of League One and Two combined in favour.

But Budge told Sky Sports: “Based on the conversations I have had - and I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Premiership and Championship although I haven’t talked to League One or Two clubs because I don’t have the ready contacts - but I don’t believe this will be supported."

Budge previously warned of a legal battle if Hearts were to be demoted prematurely - but her stance appears to have softened ahead of the vote.

She added: “We are where we are in the league positions and if everything is talked about and that is what the community of football clubs believe is right then I will not fight it till the death. How is that going to end?

Given our journey up the leagues Anne, I am sure Rangers will have the necessary contact.

Hopefully she's right & they're not just paying her lip service.

25% of 42 needed according to the poster above

He‘s wrong. All 42 clubs vote but they vote in 3 voting blocks and each block has to achieve 75% approval.

So, it’s 75% (9-3) approval from Premier League clubs, 75% (8-2) approval from Championship clubs and 75% (15-5) approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

If any block fails to pass it then its dead.

He‘s wrong. All 42 clubs vote but they vote in 3 voting blocks and each block has to achieve 75% approval.

So, it’s 75% (9-3) approval from Premier League clubs, 75% (8-2) approval from Championship clubs and 75% (15-5) approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

If any block fails to pass it then its dead.

Thank you . Could be a Chance now from then championship clubs I think . No chance in the top league is and hearts will be on our own .

like the end comment :p

That was my first reaction,the fat Japanese will be on the blower.
This is the concern.
I think back to when England tried to get the World Cup, David Beckham and Prince William were two of their ambassadors, I remember after failing miserably Beckham said he couldn’t believe how dishonest people were. Heads of national football associations looking them in the eye and promising them their support, only to them do a full 180 and vote for Russia or Quatar for 2022, they were basically bribed, it was so obvious.

Thank you . Could be a Chance now from then championship clubs I think . No chance in the top league is and hearts will be on our own .

If the spfl cancel the league, surely they are the ones legally obliged to refund season ticket holders of all clubs for unplayed matches.

Let me say right away I am in the boycott camp,but we have been down that road before and not only was it a non starter,when we got financially stuffed by Dundee utd one of our organizers some one from the Rosyth area actually went to the game so I don't hold out a lot of hope.

Even it it fails in the vote this week. The rats are ready with phase 2.
Accommodations will be made for teams in all areas of the leagues, and they will accept it.
One area where no accommodation will be made is the top of our league.
In spite of the fact that it was all to play for. Celtic have not won that League and are not Champions. We are 100% right on that.

Complete corruption in Scottish Football is about to be passed off as a democratic and pragmatic solution in a unique situation.
All our responses and actions thereafter ( which will be after the event, and too little too late ) will be criticised as small minded, unfeeling, obscene etc etc.
This is all worked out already.
The only unknown is - what are Rangers doing right now to proactively combat it ?

budge should have kept her mouth shut, sheer stupidity by her, tell us only

This was my initial thought, however she might be making it public so they don't risk looking like liars if they were to change their mind. She's very astute, so this would be a strange faux-pas on her part.

Livingston would lose over £400000 if we boycott games their next season . They’ve today basically come out with what amounts to cheerleading for Celtic being champions . Let’s hit them in the pocket .
Exactly that's a massive amount for a club of there size to lose per season. The club should inform them they won't be taking tickets next season and tell the our fans not to buy from Livingstone. Can you imagine the Livingstone board being told there going to lose 400k because of there actions.

Exactly that's a massive amount for a club of there size to lose per season. The club should inform them they won't be taking tickets next season and tell the our fans not to buy from Livingstone. Can you imagine the Livingstone board being told there going to lose 400k because of there actions.

They’ve probably been promised Celtic will cover any losses , nothing would surprise me in this corrupt mess of a league . Still , it’s definitely worth doing , hit them the only place they understand

They do seem to have talked the rest of league into them being top dogs is best for them for the last 10 years.
Why would this change? It'll go through

A boycott wouldn’t happen because you still have folk in our support greeting they don’t get to go to the Piggery at least twice a season despite it allowing more fans to follow our team at home games.
Any Bear who takes a ticket from ANY club who votes for this charade is effectively condoning the decision to award the scum the title* and they really want to take a long hard look at themselves in a mirror

Back