Marco Negri Instagram - Cabin Fever in Bologna

hammer17

Official Ticketer

nice touch with the makeshift sail near the end, whatever you think of this guys he had a incredible 6 months where he could have broke all sorts of records if he didn’t take up ‘squash/extracurricular activities

We never heard a word from the guy for years then he starts appearing on the circuit and everything is blue. Just simply selling books or did he really never forget us and now the magic of social media lets us see a lot more?

nice touch with the makeshift sail near the end, whatever you think of this guys he had a incredible 6 months where he could have broke all sorts of records if he didn’t take up ‘squash/extracurricular activities

We never heard a word from the guy for years then he starts appearing on the circuit and everything is blue. Just simply selling books or did he really never forget us and now the magic of social media lets us see a lot more?

Books

Did quite a bit of charity work and some events without taking a penny. And he’s no JK rowling so his book was never going to make him any serious money.

It’s been a while since we lambasted an ex player though so good to flex the muscles again!

Did quite a bit of charity work and some events without taking a penny. And he’s no JK rowling so his book was never going to make him any serious money.

It’s been a while since we lambasted an ex player though so good to flex the muscles again!

that wasn’t the intention of the thread.

He’s an ex player of ours so naturally I hate him and I’m sure everyone else does too.
Yeh i have never understood this, some on here just love to hate and no matter what , they have to see an angle.
One post above says "books", is this the moody blue that was out 2 years ago, by the looks of things he is hardly struggling and i doubt he is doing these wee jokes to plug a book that is no longer in shops.
Anyway I think its a bit of fun, so do many others, some folk need to lighten up.

His first 6 months were incredible. I was sure I was witnessing someone who would go on to be one of our best strikers ever. Sadly it never worked out like that.

The timing of his reappearance, declaration of love for the club and support and book release was hardly coincidental however I do think he is genuine

People have been hitting out with this book patter for years now, he's gone to a hell of a lot of effort for the 832459th best selling book on Amazon.

His videos have been pretty funny, must be running out of ideas by now.

I think he probably was chasing the blue pound at first when he was promoting his book but there's no reason why he would be staying involved now when he's not really got anything to promote.

He's done quite a bit for charity and now genuinely just seems to enjoy being part of the Rangers family after maybe taking it for granted for quite a long time.

Is that Porrini's ex talking in the background?

It's a bit of fun, I will take him doing things like this over ex players like Dodds and Butcher being ubercùnts.

Thanks for the 6 months Marco, the Dundee Utd game in particular.

His videos have been pretty funny, must be running out of ideas by now.

I think he probably was chasing the blue pound at first when he was promoting his book but there's no reason why he would be staying involved now when he's not really got anything to promote.

He's done quite a bit for charity and now genuinely just seems to enjoy being part of the Rangers family after maybe taking it for granted for quite a long time.
reckon thats not too far away from the truth ...

I don’t know another support in the world that has so much hate for ex players.

Embarrassing really.
The grief windass constantly gets is embarrassing imagine there's a player out there who we're going go sign and they know him and ask his opinion on us. Would probably say massive club great facilities but fans are pricks who will hound you on social media and continue to do it when your gone. Theres always someone people want hate one week its Boyd then its Ferguson ect

I take Rangers paid for that penthouse.
Playing six month out of a four year contract. Not a bad return.

His vids are creative, lighthearted & funny.

Obviously daft as a brush and doesn't take himself seriously.

More power to the mad (ant.

A lot is said about Mental health and supporting people on this forum, quite rightly, well I suggest people read Marco’s story before judging

He’s said many times how much he fucked it up and he’s sorry

Does it make up for it? No because we are all uber staunch. But Marco isn’t a bad guy, he’s just a guy who made mistakes and has done loads of charity etc for us and fans to try and make a small difference

Fwiw, Marco has done plenty and is due on my podcast, not once has he demanded a penny or ‘moneygrabbed’ (plenty others have btw)

Do I forgive him? I certainly understand. Marco isn’t a legend and yes he fucked up, but maybe more to it than him being an arsehole

In these days where it’s fashionable to boot our club, he never does

Just my thoughts

You'll fall off the staunch-o meter mate but you're 100% correct.

All aboard HMS Rangers!

I also hate it when we slag off x players as he knows he was an idiot at the time after the incident with Porrini but I am one that can say I watched him scoring for fun and especially the Dundee United game which was amazing.

I've heard about 13 different versions of how he got that injury. The man clearly had mental health issues. He seems like a totally different man now.

Absolute chancer. He knows we are the only fanbase that he can get cash out of these days. But aye that 6 months.....I think that is why I dislike him so much now because of how good he was it annoys me he sacked it.

Exactly this. Guy is taking the absolute peeash.
Didnt want to be here then realises we are a great income stream and all of a sudden hes a rangers fan. As poster above says he had the talent to be a legend.

A lot is said about Mental health and supporting people on this forum, quite rightly, well I suggest people read Marco’s story before judging

Does it make up for it? No because we are all uber staunch. But Marco isn’t a bad guy, he’s just a guy who made mistakes and has done loads of charity etc for us and fans to try and make a small difference

Fwiw, Marco has done plenty and is due on my podcast, not once has he demanded a penny or ‘moneygrabbed’ (plenty others have btw)

Do I forgive him? I certainly understand. Marco isn’t a legend and yes he fucked up, but maybe more to it than him being an arsehole

Just my thoughts
Post of the day mate.

Exactly this. Guy is taking the absolute peeash.
Didnt want to be here then realises we are a great income stream and all of a sudden hes a rangers fan. As poster above says he had the talent to be a legend.
Christ almighty, I have heard it all now. As ID10 said he does lots for charity and never asks for a penny.
However can you tell us about this great income stream that Rangers give him as you obviously have inside info.

Just my thoughts
Didn't know this., I judged him before I read this, I'll have a look further, ta.

Cracking guy if you ever get the chance to meet him, will chat away all day long. Enjoy meeting Marco when I see him.

I'm afraid I am not buying this "We bash all ex-players stuff", with regards to him there is genuine reason, he downed tools in perhaps our most important season ever then stole a wage for three years. He then suddenly resurfaces, after about 12 years in the wilderness and we are meant to have some sort of a "love-in" for him as he tries to cash in.

I'm afraid I am just not buying it, my least favourite Ranger of all-time, simply have zero interest in what he is up to and personally would be a lot happier if he just crawled back under whatever rock he crawled out from under.

Absolute chancer. He knows we are the only fanbase that he can get cash out of these days. But aye that 6 months.....I think that is why I dislike him so much now because of how good he was it annoys me he sacked it.
Chancer (the definition).

Just my thoughts
Spot on.all through his playing career Marco had bouts of mental illness.

Back