SPFL vote hangs in the balance as Rangers plan to be scrutinised

Been saying for weeks this would happen, as mentioned by @The Dude

Surprised folk are retaining any sense of hope that celtic won't get what they want. Its already sewn up.

These clubs wouldn't care if celtic won the title from now until the end of time. It just doesn't bother them. They'll take the collective path of least resistance.

We should have a decision by this evening on both proposals.

The new suspension of football has put us behind the 8 ball a bit.

Timed to perfection you might say. The fact if I don't want this season played to a finish miles into when next season should be. It becomes disjointed and meaningless and ruins two seasons instead of one. The only course of action is to declare no winners or losers and move on to next season.

They are desperate to hand the title to Celtc, In some ways I hope they do, as a) that rotten club would grasp it without shame and b) it would eternally put the kibosh on their tainted "9 in a row".
I hope they dont and none of us should ever. This SPFL plan will be voted through that is for sure, we will get favours from no one

I sometimes think we should just leave this fkn league and let them get on with the joke of a competition themselves. They would not need to worry about TV money then as BBC Alba would be the only station willing to show any games.

The mentally challenged press said the league couldn't be voided as this would stop pay outs from TV and sponsors as not all games would be completed.

How is that different from still not playing the games and just giving the mentally challengeds another tainted title?

The TV deal ends in May anyway so next to nothing would be lost and other sponsors won't want to be seen taking money away of the game in the middle of a crisis as that would be dreadful PR for them.

Hopefully though when the season is void every yahoo season ticket holder will want a refund, that's up to £4m lost for that lot from the beast end.

Hollicom will spin any awarded trophy that it’s for all the frontline staff and people who have lost there lives.! Q the mhedia fawning over such a courageous act.
You jest but it actually won’t be far from the truth!
They will get every ex player they can wheeled out to tell us it’s not what Celtic wanted but they had to do it to save so many clubs and staff from being made unemployed.
They will end up being painted as super heroes without capes.

Timed to perfection you might say. The fact if I don't want this season played to a finish miles into when next season should be. It becomes disjointed and meaningless and ruins two seasons instead of one. The only course of action is to declare no winners or losers and move on to next season.

I just wish more people shared our opinion mate.

It's all about self preservation for the majority.

They couldn't give 2 fuucks who wins the league, they just want their money.

Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts voting against.

Ross County and Hibs are undeclared.

Currently sitting at 7v3 in favour.

Given the dreadful situation Hearts find themselves in, it would be a remarkable gesture by Hibs to stand shoulder to shoulder with their city rivals in these awful times.

Given the dreadful situation Hearts find themselves in, it would be a remarkable gesture by Hibs to stand shoulder to shoulder with their city rivals in these awful times.
Two possible sell outs against Hearts next season might come into their thinking. ££££

I hope they dont and none of us should ever. This SPFL plan will be voted through that is for sure, we will get favours from no one
I said "in some ways", which qualifies my comment. The point I'm making is that it would amply illustrate the bankrupt nature of what passes for morality at Fairytale FC.

Of course, Rangers need to fight this outcome every step of the way and demand that this season must be completed, no other outcome is acceptable.

Their board don't have any morals - they will spin it any way, as long as they get:

1. Avoid paying back money to their ST holders (£4m?) - who will of course claim if they could.
2. Get access to the champions league qualifiers - hopefully £0, as they don't qualify.
3. Get the title money £3m
4. Start to sell their ST's.

I hope to god - we have enough votes.

I just wish more people shared our opinion mate.

It's all about self preservation for the majority.

They couldn't give 2 fuucks who wins the league, they just want their money.

Self preservation is exactly it but they are too thick to even ensure that.

Let's say this season is extended into September with different squads, potentially no fand or vastly fewer distanced fans. Next season then eventually starts and has to be truncated with uneven games because of the delays. 2 crap seasons. Say Celtic win both of those competitions. They would have a double asterisk 10. Would be meaningless. Even for them a void season and try again for a legitimate 9 makes more sense. End the season now and try again when it's safe. Leaving it to a vote of the self interested is weak as anything. We have seen the consequences of this short sightedness before. What will Sky think of taking broadcasting over next season with a shorter season? Get this league ended now and rerun next season.

Scotland really is turning into a bad music hall joke.

The Scottish Natzi’s in what looks like perpetual charge, able to say and do as they like. Destroy the education system and blame the Tories. Destroy the NHS and blame the Tories. They poison everything they touch but come up smelling of roses as long as they blame the Tories (which, as we all know, is a convenient euphemism for “English” which allows them to wear one facet of their bigotry openly on their sleeves).

This extends into football, where we have the top man at one of the governing bodies who openly and happily admits to despising their largest club in the country, where almost every other member club has colluded in the past to destroy and humiliate that same club based on flawed evidence (and absolute lies) from HMRC. We have an anti-racism “charity” made up of rabidly bigoted imbeciles from one “minority” whose hysterical shrieking is accepted without question.

The media is openly and unashamedly biased against this same club, completely uninterested in printing the truth and instead happy to peddle whatever lies they are fed by their paymasters. They are an utter disgrace to their “profession”.

Worst of all, we have all of the above (SNP, football governing bodies, member clubs and media) conspiring and colluding to protect one single club from being properly investigated over the obvious paedophile ring which operated with impunity within that club, not for months or years but DECADES.

Do we really think there is any hope for any kind of “sporting integrity” (or even basic morals) from anyone else in Scottish football? My only hope is that this current situation leads to an amalgamation of leagues in UK, allowing us to get out of this pathetic backwater and on to a level playing field.

Great post. Unfortunately these facts aren't getting out into the public domain.

We'll be gubbed as its went a to vote of the member clubs and that will be that. We wont have a legal leg to stand on.

Suppose the fans were to seek a Judicial Review into this matter. If given the go ahead, it would stop this happening with the result that next season could not start. The club would face no punishment as the action would be taken by the general public.

Nonsense.
We were relegated & robbed.
We were not relegated Bro we were kicked out of football and had to ask the football league for entry, only granted a SFA licence after signing our rights away (5 way agreement)

Just split all the monies equally over all clubs and void the season. That's the only solution that looks after clubs financially whilst also maintaining sporting integrity....

We really should have some sort of fall-back to this position, IF the final games are not to be played.

As some of us have noted, what happens if we declare this season over, with CFC as champions, then start next season and find ourselves locked-down after (say) five games ?
Will the club at the top of the table at that point be similarly declared as the "champions" ??

And maybe the year after that as well ?

What if it's only one game played before another lockdown ?

Completely agree right off 19/20 and prepare for 20/21,

We really should have some sort of fall-back to this position, IF the final games are not to be played.

As some of us have noted, what happens if we declare this season over, with CFC as champions, then start next season and find ourselves locked-down after (say) five games ?
Will the club at the top of the table at that point be similarly declared as the "champions" ??

And maybe the year after that as well ?

What if it's only one game played before another lockdown ?

Depends who it is. In your scenario, brass neckery would be strong enough not to use 19/20 as a precedent.

Scotland really is turning into a bad music hall joke.

The Scottish Natzi’s in what looks like perpetual charge, able to say and do as they like. Destroy the education system and blame the Tories. Destroy the NHS and blame the Tories. They poison everything they touch but come up smelling of roses as long as they blame the Tories (which, as we all know, is a convenient euphemism for “English” which allows them to wear one facet of their bigotry openly on their sleeves).

This extends into football, where we have the top man at one of the governing bodies who openly and happily admits to despising their largest club in the country, where almost every other member club has colluded in the past to destroy and humiliate that same club based on flawed evidence (and absolute lies) from HMRC. We have an anti-racism “charity” made up of rabidly bigoted imbeciles from one “minority” whose hysterical shrieking is accepted without question.

The media is openly and unashamedly biased against this same club, completely uninterested in printing the truth and instead happy to peddle whatever lies they are fed by their paymasters. They are an utter disgrace to their “profession”.

Worst of all, we have all of the above (SNP, football governing bodies, member clubs and media) conspiring and colluding to protect one single club from being properly investigated over the obvious paedophile ring which operated with impunity within that club, not for months or years but DECADES.

Do we really think there is any hope for any kind of “sporting integrity” (or even basic morals) from anyone else in Scottish football? My only hope is that this current situation leads to an amalgamation of leagues in UK, allowing us to get out of this pathetic backwater and on to a level playing field.
Listen mate, I work in the NHS, across all 4 in the UK, and the Scottish system is the best. It might not be what you want to hear, but it’s true. I’m an epidemiologist and also do quality improvement to health systems. Per head, more money goes into our nhs than anywhere else, our nurses are paid more and clinical outcomes are better. I get that you are frustrated by this whole sage, I am too, But I’m pig sick of people talking down our health service. It’s not perfect, but I’d rather be ill in Scotland than anywhere else in the UK, cos I would have a better chance of survival. As it is, I’m off work at the moment with non Hodgkins lymphoma and I didn’t have to wait for my diagnosis or treatment. Same can’t be said for guys in a similar situation in England, NI or Wales.

Last edited:
This is why I’ve got a funny feeling Celtic might vote against it, to try and gain the morale high ground and stipulate that one way or another the season must be played out.

They can vote against it all they like.

They have already made their position clear publicly when Lennon demanded they were given the title on game average on 13/3. Then followed the 4 week campaign by their media lackeys to ensure that the rest of the SPFL diddy clubs fall into line to ensure they are given it.

They are fooling nobody

Not sure if serious . This was celtics plan from the get go . You think they’ll vote against their own grasping idea ??
Yes , they’ll vote against it if they know they aren’t going to win then you’ll have the usual suspects in the mhedia telling us how the scum want to win it fair and square

Grow a pair of balls and end the season, award the prize money based on the current standings as a reward for where teams placed over 29 games, but trophies will be voided and leagues will be same as they for next season.

Anyone that kicks up a fuss, rightfully out and shame them while reminding them that the league was unfortunately unable to finish due to a global catastrophy resulting in 100,000 deaths.

No vote required and a new season starts when possible.

Grow a pair of balls and end the season, award the prize money based on the current standings as a reward for where teams placed over 29 games, but trophies will be voided and leagues will be same as they for next season.

Anyone that kicks up a fuss, rightfully out and shame them while reminding them that the league was unfortunately unable to finish due to a global catastrophy resulting in 100,000 deaths.

But that’s sensible and we’re talking about Scottish football. Not going to happen

Listen mate, I work in the NHS, across all 4 in the UK, and the Scottish system is the best. It might not be what you want to hear, but it’s true. I’m an epidemiologist and also do quality improvement to health systems. Per head, more money goes into our nhs than anywhere else, our nurses are paid more and clinical outcomes are better. I get that you are frustrated by this whole sage, I am too, But I’m pig sick of people talking down our health service. It’s not perfect, but I’d rather be ill in Scotland than anywhere else in the UK, cos I would have a better chance of survival. As it is, I’m off work at the moment with non Hodgkins lymphoma and I didn’t have to wait for my diagnosis or treatment. Same can’t be said for guys in a similar situation in England, NI or Wales.

I'm not intending to further derail the thread but I do not think the guy is taking aim at your every day NHS worker, more having a pop at the management at the very top level of the NHS in Scotland. I think everybody would agree that our health workers are pulling out all the stops - even more than usual - to deal with the present emergency.
It has to be said though at the very top level there is something far wrong when a brand new hospital is sitting mothballed months after it was due to be opened (but still incurring high ongoing maintenance costs) and cannot be put into use because of major design flaws.
Then, another Scottish hospital has been fraught with long-standing problems resulting in children dying through contamination from pigeon droppings.

Anyway, back to the topic in question...

Problem I have is how do you award prize money and prize places for something not earned? For me you either nul and void it, and divide the prize money equally (my preference), or you pay out as it stands.
I regularly watch Formula One and if a race is red flagged and can’t be awarded, if it’s after 50% complete they award half points. If it’s over 70% complete they stop it and award positions as they stand. I really can’t get my head around how much fuss we are drilling up here. It’s a tainted title - give them it and their 9iar is forever tainted and meaningless.

That's wrong though Haining.

,__________

The resolution reads: “The SPFL recommends that clubs approve:

“The immediate termination of season 2019/20 for the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2, without the remaining fixtures in the League being played;

“All play-off competitions being cancelled;

Edit: I see this:

To pass, the SPFL proposal requires the approval of nine of the 12 Premiership clubs, eight of the 10 Championships clubs and 15 of 20 clubs in League One and Two.

So the spfl are involved in the voting tomorrow? Confused loyal.
They won’t get support from 15 out of 20 league one and league two clubs, I’m pretty sure of that

Problem I have is how do you award prize money and prize places for something not earned? For me you either nul and void it, and divide the prize money equally (my preference), or you pay out as it stands.
I regularly watch Formula One and if a race is red flagged and can’t be awarded, if it’s after 50% complete they award half points. If it’s over 70% complete they stop it and award positions as they stand. I really can’t get my head around how much fuss we are drilling up here. It’s a tainted title - give them it and their 9iar is forever tainted and meaningless.
That's F1 though. We can all cite different sports and different ways of dealing with things. Someone else quoted the Stranraer coach as saying, You wouldn't give Usain Bolt the gold medal after 75 metres. My own preference is the same as yours; null, void, equal distribution

I will not (and have not) talked down anyone who works in the NHS. But anyone who thinks the NHS is safe in the incompetent hands of the SNP is deluded.

I will not (and have not) talked down anyone who works in the NHS. But anyone who thinks the NHS is safe in the incompetent hands of the SNP is deluded.
It’s safer than all other NHS systems in the UK and that’s just a fact. I never said you were talking down individuals, but you were talking down our NHS. There are definite problems but clinical outcomes, actual facts, are far better than anywhere else in the UK. I know this because, when I’m at work, it’s my job to collect and understand this data to help make improvements. Apologies to the OP, I k ow that this isn’t what the thread is about.

It’s safer than all other NHS systems in the UK and that’s just a fact. I never said you were talking down individuals, but you were talking down our NHS. There are definite problems but clinical outcomes, actual facts, are far better than anywhere else in the UK. I know this because, when I’m at work, it’s my job to collect and understand this data to help make improvements. Apologies to the OP, I k ow that this isn’t what the thread is about.
In deference to the OP and to avoid taking the thread off topic I’m not going to comment further, save for mentioning the inquiry into QEUH & RHCYP which undermines the argument that Scotland’s health system is in safe hands.

Back