Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

“Over the last 36 hours, we have received numerous reports from fellow Scottish clubs relating to attempts to coerce and bully them into voting for the SPFL’s own resolution. We are proud that many fellow clubs will stand strong and not be swayed.“

Now who would have a vested interest in ensuring the SPFL proposal rather than ours gets over the line.

I wonder.

Over the last 36 hours, we have received numerous reports from fellow Scottish clubs relating to attempts to coerce and bully them into voting for the SPFL’s own resolution.

-----------

Japanese pricks fingers all over this
Was about to highlight that too.

Surely there’s a process for reporting such things? Get it on record ffs!

Over the last 36 hours, we have received numerous reports from fellow Scottish clubs relating to attempts to coerce and bully them into voting for the SPFL’s own resolution. We are proud that many fellow clubs will stand strong and not be swayed.

Theres a shock!! Corrupt to the core

Competent? If not “competent” then why resubmit? Am I missing something on the definition of competent?

Competent in the legal sense of meeting the required standard for a vote.

We are saying the legal opinion was that it didn’t meet whatever requirements there are for whatever reason and we will edit to meet said requirements and resubmit.

Getting very interesting , I have a feeling this is just the beginning and not the end, it also seems that we are garnering support from other clubs which wasn’t the case a few years ago.
Are the previously blinkered clubs beginning to see the corruption within Scottish football.

"not competent" ... yet they want to push league reconstruction through in 3 days, so every club and their legal advisers have seemingly "enough time" to scan and decide on it?

If the story of the recent years of SPFL / SFA government would have been written as a screenplay, it wouldn`t have gone past the first editor/reviewer. When I start telling some fellow German football supporters of what is happening in Scotland, they look at me with more than a hint of assumed paranoia in their eyes. Up until I hand them the facts.

Over the last 36 hours, we have received numerous reports from fellow Scottish clubs relating to attempts to coerce and bully them into voting for the SPFL’s own resolution. We are proud that many fellow clubs will stand strong and not be swayed.

Heads should be rolling for that. We should be going for resignations here.

That sentence says theyve been given guidance on it by the SPFL and presumably will restructure it before resubmitting it. It also says they asked for this before submitting it initially but the SPFL blanked us.
Ah! So we make the same request/resolution but in different words. Cool.

Yeah, fuckers are dragging their heels just to get in the way.

Rangers have been on point here, they foreseen this unfolding and have played it perfectly

Corrupt to the core and it’s disgraceful
Exactly mate. Thought the first statement and proposal the other day was perfect. Got other clubs thinking and on board and put us on the front foot. Lawell and co could be in the process of making fools of themselves here!

I think Rangers have played this perfectly. They knew no matter what they submitted that the SPFL would deem it not competent and were ready . Obviously the SPFL were trying to avoid saying so until it was to late to resubmit. Absolutely shown then to be corrupt on this and for good measure outing them as bullying member clubs .

I kind of Love the tone of this statement
They are saying as much as they can and letting us read between the lines for what’s going on but are doing it in a very no nonsense manner.
I think we have finally found a spine and are takin no shit from them. I sense a we are gonna go mental attitude about it.
I like what I’ve seen so fat from this new comms guy, no more infantile Traynor rants

Back