Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

They were referring to him as 'nico' I think Nicholson?...it was on the SportsBar at 10pm, sometimes they have Craig Burley on but never heard this guy before. Don't know if he's a good guy but he was equally as perplexed, they made him repeat it again such was the absurdity

Thanks mate. Like you I don’t know who he is.

I said weeks back that this would be fastracked before the chance of any other way of doing it became ‘normalised’ throughout other leagues. If that had happened it would have been much harder to award them the title.

Scotland was always going to be among the first to declare.

I shouldn’t be surprised at all at the levels of corruption going on here, but these bastards have still shocked me with their brazen disregard.

I hope the club is ready to go nuclear on this one, regardless of any minor consequences.

This whole situation could have been written by George Orwell in the same vein as Animal Farm. The alleged underdogs have "overthrown" the perceived corrupt Scottish footballing institutions. Firstly by orchestrating referee strikes and then getting their own lawyers to rewrite the rule books and removing anyone with any pro Rangers background Ogilvie, Smith etc. They then install former employees into all the key positions and voila they are now running the game and as corrupt as any alleged body in the past.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum aided and abetted by every two bit club in the country too weak to stand in their way. I love how these posters on the likes of pie and bovril have a hatred for the "old firm" but always manage to side with one particular half and have an unhealthy hatred for the other.

Surprise!

BBC Scotland website reporting on our statem6and the resolution deemed incompetent by legal advice, but they have missed out the bit about clubs being bullied.

The SPFL legal adviser has said that Rangers request is incompetent, mate. Not that he would say anything different and his opinion should be legally challenged.

They are a rip roaring shower of shit that lot. Glad the club has called them out on this as they are100% deliberately trying to delay the decision so they can figure a way of ensuring the Celtic win happens.

The agenda is so clear it's unreal. Time for Rangers to make that part very clear as well and just let the world know what a chancing shower of shit the SFA and SPFL are. Not one other governing body in football across the globe is run but a single team and it's embarrassing for our country that the SFA are.

Glad we have released this statement outing the nonsense that is evidently taking place in the background. Although it is quite annoying to hear that our first resolution was not deemed competent - who is advising us on this?!

Rod McKenzie does not work at Harper Macleod anymore. I think he does work for the SPFL. Harper Macleod are not Celtic’s lawyers (not their main advisors anyway).

That’s not to say there aren’t other conflicts of interest happening in all of this.

It’ll never be 9 in a row
It’ll never be 9
You’ll never get 10

This whole situation could have been written by George Orwell in the same vein as Animal Farm. The alleged underdogs have "overthrown" the perceived corrupt Scottish footballing institutions. Firstly by orchestrating referee strikes and then getting their own lawyers to rewrite the rule books and removing anyone with any pro Rangers background Ogilvie, Smith etc. They then install former employees into all the key positions and voila they are now running the game and as corrupt as any alleged body in the past.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum aided and abetted by every two bit club in the country too weak to stand in their way. I love how these posters on the likes of pie and bovril have a hatred for the "old firm" but always manage to side with one particular half and have an unhealthy hatred for the other.

Good post BB.

Utter corruption - pure, plain and simple.

We should be taking to the streets over this, and descending on Hampden in our tens of thousands, but they've got that one neatly sewn up as well.

So basically the powers that be have decided the outcome of this: pass our proposal - like it or lump it, take it or leave it. Looks like this could backfire massively.

Good thing is we appear to have a lot of strong objection to what they are trying to force through and how they are going about it so hopefully starts getting interesting now ..

Hopefully some of these clubs who have been pressurised will start speaking out - it's not our duty to deal with that.

Can you imagine if we were out in front and this is the way we won 55?

After all we have endured, fought for and the sh!t we've taken to win it like that would be horrendous.

mentally challengeds have no shame

I would imagine the clubs stance would be exactly the same. The league isn’t over until 38 games are played.

The way it should be. Naturally as fans it would stick in the throat but there’s more important things going on.

Of course if we were out in front this discussion wouldn't be happening, the SPFL would be trying hell for leather to restart the season to a finish.

Rangers calling out the SPFL on bullying? Or one club in particular? Likely it’s a combination of both. Now it’s getting interesting and our club seems to have the gloves on and be ready for a fight.

Name the clubs now total shambles, here's our chance to blow the whole cabal to bits, while there is a long extended break
that would wreck any confidence and trust they have put in us to tell us off the record. how do you think that would help us secure their votes in future? they need to have the balls to do it

Exactly what I'm thinking. They've told us, in the middle of this meeting in front of all other member clubs I assume, that their lawyers have deemed it not competent but their advice is to re-submit the same resolution?

Wit?!

I’d guess that the reason that it is not ‘competent’ is that it’s not been submitted in line with some petty SPFL guideline/procedure. In other words red tape/bureaucracy.

In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if they batted it back for an out of place apostrophe.

The time has come to go to town on this corrupt cabal. I get the feeling behind the scenes we smell blood. We need to make it clear to other clubs that getting rid of them is for the benefit of our game .

So what have Livi been promised then? Couple of filth players?

This kind of comment may seem small and easy to fall away without recognition but it was something I thought yesterday when Livi statement came out.

Livi support a proposal that benefits Celtic. Start of next season, a few promising youth players or fringe players are given a loan spell at Livingston without others given a look in.

Had a listen back, it's Alan Nixon. Never heard of him but seems he is a Thistle fan but just seems like a genuine reporter from what I can see, decent interaction on Twitter with folk

Thanks very much. Glad he’s exposing this country to those more objective people elsewhere.

This is not exclusive to football in this country

This kind of comment may seem small and easy to fall away without recognition but it was something I thought yesterday when Livi statement came out.

Livi support a proposal that benefits Celtic. Start of next season, a few promising youth players or fringe players are given a loan spell at Livingston without others given a look in.
Said the same last night.

A loan deal and possibly the likes of a decent price for dykes.

This is what you get when you hire somebody who has operated in the murky(especially true in NI) world of politics at the highest level.

Are we sure this is the new man's work mate? The statement doesn't read like a Traynor piece when read in its entirety - but I did notice that 'for the avoidance of doubt' slipped in there. That's certainly an old favourite of Traynor's. Is Traynor not still involved until the end of the season (yeah, I know)?

EDIT: Ignore. I've now had confirmation Traynor is completely out the picture.

Last edited:

The rules allow 1 loan signing from another premiership club.

That's probably why the comment seems 'small and easy to fall away without recognition.'

Back