Why can’t we boycott away games?

didn't take long first reply says it all :( and i'd question if, by giving your hard earned to our many enemies you are actually supporting the starting 11 and our club as a whole in the long term .
i'm sure you, like many others have a logical reason planted in your head somewhere like a weekend booze session with the mates or the fact that you've never missed any game in how many years or you simply don't care that our club and support are continually wronged and taken advantage off .
bottom line is you do it for you and certainly not the good of rangers fc
Seriously. Aye it’s all for the booze because we couldn’t do that in our local and watch the game. Without our ticket and bus fares give me peace.

I’d rather us target a specific club or clubs every season and boycott both away fixtures against them. Hibs would be a good starting point given their sh*te in recent years and today’s vote.

A full boycott wouldn’t work unless led by the club.

I would start with Livingston.

You're the one who sounds like a bam here, I would wager you attend away games by sitting on the match thread

Yes I do. And that's because the two away games I went to, I felt I was surrounded by bams.

Why do you think it's our away fans that are singing sectarian songs, throwing stuff and whatever that thing was with the Kilmarnock roof? Because they're just unfortunately picked on?

Yes I do. And that's because the two away games I went to, I felt I was surrounded by bams.

Why do you think it's our away fans that are singing sectarian songs, throwing stuff and whatever that thing was with the Kilmarnock roof? Because they're just unfortunately picked on?
Aye the home support don’t sing those songs. The Billy boys was ringing round at both Celtic wins

In the 4seasons their was hardly any transfers and they were struggling. When we went back up even teams like Hamilton started signing foreigners . Last couple of years like Utd nations.
They’re all doing exactly what they did before

I'm fairly certain that's the exact same point. A lot of people using it as an excuse to drink pre-match and all day on a Sunday. It's not the same as a 3pm kick off vs Dundee is it?
Aye we use it as an excuse taking days off work to travel to Aberdeen, Dingwall etc on Wednesday nights. Keep talking pish

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

It would need to be all for 1 and 1 for all, otherwise it would be a pointless exercise.Ive no doubt something has to be done now.
As our club dosen't seem to have an opinion in Scottish football anymore, it's now time for some sort of action, as next season will be run by the soapdodgers once again.
Our club and fans will need to fight for what we think is rightfullly within the rules, next season.or there would be no reason to compete against a corupt system within the Scottish game.

If you want to boycott away games and not give other SPFL clubs your money, do it, it's your call and doesn't warrant criticism.

If you want to attend away games and support the team, do it, it's your call and doesn't warrant criticism.

They survived it before, so what's the point. It's what a lot of these fans spend a lot of their money on and if they want to follow the team that should be their decision.
Didn't say fans shouldn't support the team if they wanted too.
If the club dont take the tickets then responsibility of safety and behaviour of fans is not of Rangers FC's concern or responsibility.
ps the clubs only survive because fans bought the tickets, a total ban for a period of time has never been attempted, also if fans continue to do nothing to punish clubs and league associations (not necessarilynot attendinggames), then they should stop whingeing about how the associations screw us and just accept that they are partly to blame.

If you want to boycott away games and not give other SPFL clubs your money, do it, it's your call and doesn't warrant criticism.

If you want to attend away games and support the team, do it, it's your call and doesn't warrant criticism.
I agree with this. No one is going to win the argument trading insults. There are guys who follow us everywhere and it's to be admired. I personally don't think funding these clubs helps our cause, but they have a different opinion. We all want what's best for the club. I think it'd be interesting to see what would happen if we picked one or two clubs and refused to take tickets from them

This HAS to happen, rangers themselves should officially state they won't be taking up any away allocation then similar to the merchandise stuff that they don't recommend fans do this any longer.

A few isolated incidents you will always get in crowds that number thousands. I am lucky to be able to follow away and our fans are second to none in the level of support they give to the Team. Midweek games like Aberdeen/Ross County folk like yourself would be found out within minutes you sound like a complete wet blanket.

I agree with this. No one is going to win the argument trading insults. There are guys who follow us everywhere and it's to be admired. I personally don't think funding these clubs helps our cause, but they have a different opinion. We all want what's best for the club. I think it'd be interesting to see what would happen if we picked one or two clubs and refused to take tickets from them
Agree I’ll go everywhere as I do the now but i totally respect others stances just wish people could respect ours that go

This is the only way to hurt these teams, would be a massive statement.

Get Rangers TV beaming back to Ibrox for away games.
The problem is the home team would need to give approval for a beam back and probably charge us a fortune.

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.
No chance mate. Too many selfish ones

A boycott is literally all we have as a unified power as a support. It is in the best interest of our club long term. Why would any Rangers fan not want that?

Ah, the weekly slagging of the away support. Some things in life are constant. If this site was an honest representation of the whole support it truly shows how far the support has fallen. What happened to “No one likes us, we don’t care.” Far too many people on here seem to hate everyone else more than they love Rangers, that’s not the way it should be.

Ah, the weekly slagging of the away support. Some things in life are constant. If this site was an honest representation of the whole support it truly shows how far the support has fallen. What happened to “No one likes us, we don’t care.” Far too many people on here seem to hate everyone else more than they love Rangers, that’s not the way it should be.

No one is slagging the away support. People are being questioned as to why they’d choose a day out 19 times a year over the long term betterment of the club. It’s unfathomable that Rangers supporters don’t want to do what’s ultimately best for the club.

Financing our enemies in the short term, is not what’s best for us. They know they can treat us like shit and it won’t make a difference to their bottom line. That’s astonishing.

Didn't say fans shouldn't support the team if they wanted too.
If the club dont take the tickets then responsibility of safety and behaviour of fans is not of Rangers FC's concern or responsibility.
ps the clubs only survive because fans bought the tickets, a total ban for a period of time has never been attempted, also if fans continue to do nothing to punish clubs and league associations (not necessarilynot attendinggames), then they should stop whingeing about how the associations screw us and just accept that they are partly to blame.
These clubs arent depending on 1 or 2 games against rangers to keep them running. The days of us taking over 10,000 to away games are long gone.

They've got the sky money coming in, that I would suggest is where the real arm twisting has came from. Interesting to read that sky expect the new season off and running with the new contract. I think the the spfl, sorry Celtic have warned them that the tv money could be in doubt.

Take st Mirren for instance, they will depend on tv money more than a couple of thousand rangers fans or whatever that end holds. If they were to vote against it, they would be insane. The ultimate Turkey voting for xmas.

Sporting integrity died many years ago when tv money took over the game at every level. That's where we are now and it's sad to say the least. The fact we're actually having a row about this whilst people are dying says everything about where the great game has ended up.

No one is slagging the away support. People are being questioned as to why they’d choose a day out 19 times a year over the long term betterment of the club. It’s unfathomable that Rangers supporters don’t want to do what’s ultimately best for the club.

Financing our enemies in the short term, is not what’s best for us. They know they can treat us like shit and it won’t make a difference to their bottom line. That’s astonishing.
They survived without us have a day off

Clubs treat us with utter contempt and will continue to do so unless we hit them in the pocket. For some, their RSC and the day out is more important than anything. No matter what these clubs do to us they know we will still go back for more.

Remember, there some on here who would take rangers fans tickets and give them to Celtic fans just so they can get a ticket for the piggery.

Always remember, you don't get what you deserve in this world you get what you tolerate.

Day out is the most important thing , keep feeding the beast.

Clubs treat us with utter contempt and will continue to do so unless we hit them in the pocket. For some, their RSC and the day out is more important than anything. No matter what these clubs do to us they know we will still go back for more.

Remember, there some on here who would take rangers fans tickets and give them to Celtic fans just so they can get a ticket for the piggery.

Always remember, you don't get what you deserve in this world you get what you tolerate.
Aye day outs more important crank. Sorry for want to support Rangers.

I'm fairly certain that's the exact same point. A lot of people using it as an excuse to drink pre-match and all day on a Sunday. It's not the same as a 3pm kick off vs Dundee is it?
Hold on here. Are you the moral policemen of what your idea is of how people behave. Never heard so much garbage in my life. Remembers me of my auld mother telling me to behave when I headed out for the football.

For the millionth time, we do not finance these clubs. If you think that 1000-4000 fans turning up once or twice a season is financing other clubs you’re absolutely delusional. Having no away support will have a detrimental effect on away form, the players always say in interviews how great out the numbers we travel in are. But some people would trade all that so that they can say they got something back on other clubs.

A few isolated incidents you will always get in crowds that number thousands. I am lucky to be able to follow away and our fans are second to none in the level of support they give to the Team. Midweek games like Aberdeen/Ross County folk like yourself would be found out within minutes you sound like a complete wet blanket.
You happily give money to clubs that tried to destroy us.

Day out is the most important thing , keep feeding the beast.
It’s not the day out that a lot of people care about. Yes, there is a social side to being in an RSC, going to away games etc. But a vast majority go to support Rangers, because for some that’s all they ever want to do. The amount of people who believe that the away support simply go to games to boost their egos and for selfish reasons is frightening. It should be everybody’s own choice whether or not they go to away games. Not the choice of someone else, unless it’s the club as a whole who ask us to do it, upon which the away support (or a vast majority of it) will listen.

Aye day outs more important crank. Sorry for want to support Rangers.
If you wanted support the club you would pick and choose what grounds you would go to

As I said, you get what you tolerate. If you are happy putting money into these clubs then that's up you

Be funny to see half on this thread post there ST details match thread loyal
A lot of people on this thread saying they don’t go to away games but we should all boycott them. Because they’re in a position to simply choose what the support as a whole should do. Some of our support think that because they hate the other clubs that means they love Rangers more.

A boycott is literally all we have as a unified power as a support. It is in the best interest of our club long term. Why would any Rangers fan not want that?
It will achieve nothing but leaving our team with nobody behind them. They get their tv money, which keeps them going.

They were hardly upset that we took a season longer to get back in the spl. The clubs certainly wanted the tv money though, by carving up the leagues to get their hands on it

It’s not the day out that a lot of people care about. Yes, there is a social side to being in an RSC, going to away games etc. But a vast majority go to support Rangers, because for some that’s all they ever want to do. The amount of people who believe that the away support simply go to games to boost their egos and for selfish reasons is frightening. It should be everybody’s own choice whether or not they go to away games. Not the choice of someone else, unless it’s the club as a whole who ask us to do it, upon which the away support (or a vast majority of it) will listen.
Well hopefully the club will do that because until we change they will continue to act in the same way.

Well hopefully the club will do that because until we change they will continue to act in the same way.
We won’t, and neither we should go for a blanket boycott on away games. Just my opinion of course, but it would have a detrimental effect.

2 choices.
We either accept the way clubs have treated us over the last 8 years or we do something about.

If you wanted support the club you would pick and choose what grounds you would go to

As I said, you get what you tolerate. If you are happy putting money into these clubs then that's up you
I care more about Rangers let’s stop this idea they need us none went bust when we weren’t there let that sink in

A lot of people on this thread saying they don’t go to away games but we should all boycott them. Because they’re in a position to simply choose what the support as a whole should do. Some of our support think that because they hate the other clubs that means they love Rangers more.
I’ll boycotting when Rangers tell me to

For the millionth time, we do not finance these clubs. If you think that 1000-4000 fans turning up once or twice a season is financing other clubs you’re absolutely delusional. Having no away support will have a detrimental effect on away form, the players always say in interviews how great out the numbers we travel in are. But some people would trade all that so that they can say they got something back on other clubs.
Your right. Social media all over. Only hear what they want to.

Back