Hibs are the deciding vote in all this

Unsurprisingly now knowing that Inverness will probably decide this full outcome, Keith Jackson has gone from earlier labelling them minnows to trying to big them up.

Hibs would face a backlash from their fans if they voted to keep Hearts up.

I’m sure the fans will remember that when they are moaning about them stinking out the bottom 6 next season thanks in part to £500k+ being chopped off their budget next season because they wanted to get it up Hearts.

Our understanding at Record Sport is that this is how the top flight clubs are voting:

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

HIBS - Yes

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

I’m sure the fans will remember that when they are moaning about them stinking out the bottom 6 next season thanks in part to £500k+ being chopped off their budget next season because they wanted to get it up Hearts.

You think Celtic won't have paid them that to cover it?

£200,000 more in their coffers if we avoid defeat to St Johnstone in our game in hand.

They will vote against their resolution.

Only doubt may be if they want to see Hearts relagted.

which they don’t, hearts sell out the away end at Easter Road, the likes of Dundee United don’t come close to that.

edit: seems I’m wrong there then!!

Hibs will vote yes just to please their fans and relegate Hearts. There is little chance with top flight clubs, they are all happy to take the cash and run. The championship clubs however will probably not roll over so easily. Ayr, Inverness and Dundee are the real deciding votes.

No hibs fan wants hearts relegated

I hope we are busy on the phone lines to ICT because it is they who now hold the power in this vote. Thistle and Dundee already declared NO votes. It only needs one more from the Championship.

Bheasts will pay them the 200k no problem, call it a donation to help a fellow romanist club in times of need, in fact they can dish out a few 'donations' under this guise and not only get handed the title but also the saviours of football in the Scottish republic award

Prepare for the cover up Kings to buy a Hibs player this summer, bumping the price up by £250k to cover this little under the table favour.

Right I've read that much about that many different things I'm getting mixed up here.

So this vote if it all goes to a yes and is voted through what does it mean ???

Celtic champions???

Are we honestly that stupid here to go against eufa???

£200,000 more in their coffers if we avoid defeat to St Johnstone in our game in hand.

Only doubt may be if they want to see Hearts relagted.
Fans might want that, their board wouldn't. losing their 2 biggest games of the season at home if Hearts go down.

Were the Edinburgh evening news not reporting they'd say no yesterday? They know fcuk all.
I think as a club they'd love to say NO and if you had any sense it's how you'd vote but............their fans will be having not of it. They'll need to vote yes just to keep them happy.

Right I've read that much about that many different things I'm getting mixed up here.

Celtic champions???

The plan is that they end the Championship downwards immediately but hold off on a decision on the Premier League 'for now'. A 'yes' vote, however, gives the SPFL Board the power to call an end to the Premier League any old time they like without any further vote.

Last edited:

Celtic champions???

Means Championship, League 1 and League 2 are all finalised on a points per game basis for teams final position.

Premiership restart will be deferred for a period and if unable to restart then standings as per the above.

Stevie G will be thinking this country is totally phucked by corruption

Cannot see Ross County having the balls to veto the SPL aka Nonce FC

Why would any of the club's In the championship play off places vote for this. Also league 1 and 2

£££

They're so reliant on matchday income that they won't make it through the weeks/months for a deferred restart. Well, that's what they're saying.

Only doubt may be if they want to see Hearts relegated.

It is not in their financial interests to see Hearts relegated.

However, they will side with Celtic, have no doubt about that.

Hibs will vote yes just to please their fans and relegate Hearts. There is little chance with top flight clubs, they are all happy to take the cash and run. The championship clubs however will probably not roll over so easily. Ayr, Inverness and Dundee are the real deciding votes.

It might be a nice two fingers to Hearts but it means 4 big derby matches they won't be playing next season including two sell out fixtures at Easter Road. Hearts going down makes no financial sense for Hibs.

It might be a nice two fingers to Hearts but it means 4 big derby matches they won't be playing next season including two sell out fixtures at Easter Road. Hearts going down makes no financial sense for Hibs.
Yip, if they look at it from that scenario there’s only one vote.

expect petrie's hivs to send their vote at 4.55. spfl press release at 4.59 and their offices shut till tuesday

Back